Page 1 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

soulmate
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Oct 2006, 8:13 pm

Does anyone here notice patterns in everyday things? Like clouds, countertops, water, just random things. When I think I see a pattern, I'll stare at it because it's beautiful. I probably look like a moron, just staring at whatever.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2006, 8:22 pm

YES.....I loved bark,moss,rust,wood grain,since I was a kid.I think I had much more "fun" on LSD then many of my co-trippers.I saw some amazing "carvings" in granite.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

DrowningMedusa
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2006, 8:30 pm

Absolutely!! !
Anything that contains a pattern, especially seemingly "random" ones, can become an inspiration for a painting or a sculpture for me!
Or something that I stare at blankly until people around me feel obligated to wave their hand in front of my eyes... :?

Something I used to do was close my eyes VERY tightly until I'd see spots of light that would arrange themselves into patterns that I would see pictures in... But I got out of the habit and can't do it like I did before...

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2006, 8:43 pm

Yeah, I do that with my ceiling. If I stare at it for about ten seconds, I can find a king cobra and the letter 'E' about a foot away from my ceiling fan. I can also do this with tie-dyed T-shirts. Once in 4-H last summer, I noticed my friend, Courtney's tie-dyed T-shirt she made looked kind of like it had a picture of an alligator on it so I told her. It took her (and everyone else) a little bit to realize that, but they did see it. The leader said I was very creative for thinking of that. Unlike everyone else, it just sort of popped out at me.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2006, 8:49 pm

We could make a killing on the "grilled cheese Jesus picture" circuit...I got to get grilling.

CanyonWind
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2006, 8:55 pm

I do that all the time too, especially patterns in wood. Yesterday I picked up a piece of driftwood by the river that looked like a horse's head on a snake. I've got two dead sagebrush plants in my house I found, one looks like a dancer and the other looks like a dragon. I see a lot of animal shapes in the grain of tabletops I build too.

Other people can see them when I point them out, but I seem to spot them more often.

Well thank you buddy for your advice...
-Malvina

goomba
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Oct 2006, 9:20 pm

All the time. I see various objects in wood grains, walls and ceilings (especially the textured kind), rocks, clouds, dirt, etc.
There is a flamingo blowing a trumpet on the wall to the right of me.
The ceiling directly above me depicts a platapus, and he looks really upset.
That's just looking around in about 10 seconds. I could find more but I don't want to spent too much time on it. I used to do this all the time when I was younger.

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2006, 9:23 pm

I see patterns in many things

krex
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2006, 9:36 pm

goomba wrote:
The ceiling directly above me depicts a platapus, and he looks really upset.

That just sounds so CUTE....what exactly does an platapus get upset about(are you sure he isnt just constipated....sometimes,the look is very similiar....lol)

Juggernaut
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2006, 11:01 pm

today after class, I saw shapes in the smudges of the erased chalkboard. I stood there and looked at it for several minutes. Probably could have just kept on for who knows how long. I've been told if I ever did pot, I in particular would most likely totally trip out. I'm pretty sure they're right. At times I kindof "trip out" in a normal day, when I am really feeling creative.

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2006, 11:07 pm

I like popcorn ceilings. They are really fun to look at!

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2006, 11:15 pm

Wood grain...clouds...tons of stuff. I usually see either see shapes or patterns. 8O

fresco
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2006, 5:50 am

Yes I notice patterns in things and sometimes I read far too much into it!

CDRhom
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Oct 2006, 6:30 am

Oh yes. Second the motion on popcorn ceilings and stone with grain.

Sometimes I count the patterns I find.

hyper_alien
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2006, 6:41 am

I niotice patterns in everything. Today I walked town looking at the ground and theres all this chewing gum and it looked like a big bear. clouds, are facinating to me. I love clouds and the sky. 8) 8)

Corcovado
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2006, 8:32 am

I see faces in everything. Ceilings, floors. Wood not so much.

I like do find faces in the morning when I'm in bed. The place I lived before i saw a face and a torso in the courtain, he looked indian. Before I got the courtain hanging I saw a cartoonish face in a big tree outside my window.

Now I see another indian torso/face in a picture in my bedroom. Two weeks ago I found a ginnypig in the same picture.
Btw the picture show three guys on horses with dogs preparing to go hunting in an old village 200 years ago.