So, who freaks out at any physical contact?

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 3:26 am

Aimless wrote:
Light Touch

This! This gets me easily, although it will randomly turn off after someone's been doing it to me for a little bit.

Heidi80
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 4:56 am

In my experience, there's a difference between aspie touch and nt touch. I hate that light social nt touch but I like it when my aspie friends or my lover give me theese tight, deep pressure, hugs

kevinjh
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 5:03 am

When I come into unexpected contact with anything or contact with human skin, something, "fires," somewhere and I withdraw faster than my posture suggests is possible. A high pulse and pressure is not unusual following cases like these. If the touch involved my hands, they seem to, "wring by themselves," unless I calm myself down quickly. People say I am cold because of this, but I prefer to think that the definition used is body temperature as most discover when shaking hands.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 5:38 am

I think my reaction to light touch is because of the overactive nerve response but touch in general just feels intrusive. It puts me in someone else's space and I quickly want to be back in my own space. Alone. :)

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 5:48 am

I'm horribly sensitive to physical contact, especially if it's around the belly area.

The_Perfect_Storm
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 6:43 am

lilbuddah wrote:
I've not seen any threads on this and it's the most noticeable aspect of my brain troubles. Especially when your friends are very touchy feely hippies and furries. Anyway, I freak out when people touch me, like, seriously lose it. I was hugged once by someone who took it upon themselves to rid me of this silly game I play and I hyperventilated, flailed around through the hug and ultimately passed out, waking up to a very apologetic friend.

Does anyone else have this problem? I'm not looking for help, I really don't like being touched period, just looking for someone to share experiences with I guess...

Lol that sounds silly.

I don't get touched much. And I hate it if it's some stranger. And I'm pretty sensitive to it even if it's a friend. Like, it will take all of my focus/attention if it happens.

lilbuddah
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jan 2012, 2:18 pm

Yeah, frankly I'm a barrel of laughs about it. Remember, "hugging Henry heralds heavy hyperventilating". But it's kind of like as soon as someone touches me I'll withdraw quickly and, of course, freak out about the whole thing. Hugs are the worst since there's no good way to get away from an enthusiastic hug. Without punching someone that is.

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 4:21 pm

I don't particularly like physical touch such as being pushed grabbing by the shoulder as it does annoy me a lot.