What's your favorite perfume/scent to wear?

Page 5 of 8 [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2017, 2:44 pm

I wear Nest fragrances. I prefer rollerball perfumes over squirt bottles because I have more control over how much I put.

I have other perfumes but Nest is my favorite brand. Philosophy body washes are nice.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

bunnyb
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2017, 8:57 pm

I love perfume but feel bad when I wear it because I know some people hate it. Once at Uni a woman went right off at someone in the class who was wearing perfume. It wasn't overpowering or offensive but the way she got attacked for it made me decide not to wear it any time I'm likely to leave the house.

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2017, 12:04 am

I have an intolerence to fragrance. But I still like some of the scents. I prefer my natural scent for me. But I love the smell of Juicy Couture, and Haiku by Avon. My mum loves Haiku so I buy it as a gift for her.

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2017, 4:06 am

nothing.

a woman i fancied once said that i smelled like metal.
that's a pretty good perfume imo.

sometimes i use lavender essential oil too.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2017, 7:30 am

I haven't worn perfume in a long time but I used to like CK Be and I wore white musk oil after someone gave it to me as a present.

Now I just wear men's deodorant - Rexona Original.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2017, 8:24 am

I hate perfumes/deodorants and can't even endure standing by a person who wears some, especially in vehicles/public transport where the smell will nauseate me as hell. If I'm smelly and need a quick fix I use baby powder. I also have a cream deodorant without fragrance which is effective for a week if you wear it right after washing yourself.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 7:07 pm

I find a lot of scents too strong for me, but I like the Warm Vanilla Sugar (or something like that), Japanese Cherry Blossom, and Sea Island Cotton from Bath and Body Works. I don't find them overwhelming.

RandomFox
Toucan
Toucan

17 May 2017, 12:40 pm

BetwixtBetween wrote:

General perfume notes:
I can't stand powdery scents in perfumes, deodorants, cosmetics, etc. Some of them are just disagreeable, some of them make me choke, and some of them make me nauseous. Prada's Candy apparently smells powdery to many people, but thankfully that has not been my experience at all. On me it skips that entirely.

I'm open to a lot of different floral notes. I like warm sugar/caramel, vanilla, and fruit notes when done right. I like benzoin notes.

I'm open to a lot of the notes traditionally found in men's cologne and deodorants. I wish perfume designers would play with these more.

I'm currently in search of a good rose perfume. I'd really like the heart and soul to be roses. No powdery notes for reasons previously mentioned. For some reason, this is really hard to find.

Rose perfume - have you tried Rose by Paul Smith or Atlas Mountain Rose from The Body Shop? These two are non-powdery, I'd call them a diluted watery rose, somewhat cold and good for summer. Warmer rose - kind of jam-my, preserve type sweeter rose :) is Rose Absolute by Yves Rocher. This one smells awesome on a big warm jumper, but is very old-fashioned and sweet, so might not be your thing.
Sadly there is nothing like a fragrance of a wild dog rose, which is just pure heaven.

I'd like to see a more feminine scent based on vetiver or sandalwood. I quite like a hint of cinnamon too, a little bit of jasmine. I'm currently trying out single scents from the Library of Fragrance, they have scents like Play-doh and Fresh Tennis Balls (I think it's discontinued now) :D

I'm a massive sniffer :D and have been all my life. Herbs, flowers, leaves, fruit - it's always a pleasure to smell them :)

adoylelb90815
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 May 2017, 8:17 pm

I've always liked Chanel No 5, Obsession, and Giorgio's Red. Less expensive stuff I like are some things from Bath and Body Works. I don't really wear perfumes too much or if I do, it's just the tiniest amount.

This_Amoeba
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 1:36 pm

Honeysuckle or camp-fire

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 1:54 pm

Quote:
Honeysuckle or camp-fire

I LOVE the smell of a good campfire. I enjoy smelling it in my hair for as long as polite society will permit. Yum. It's one of my favorite things about camping.

Quote:
Rose perfume - have you tried Rose by Paul Smith or Atlas Mountain Rose from The Body Shop? These two are non-powdery, I'd call them a diluted watery rose, somewhat cold and good for summer. Warmer rose - kind of jam-my, preserve type sweeter rose :) is Rose Absolute by Yves Rocher. This one smells awesome on a big warm jumper, but is very old-fashioned and sweet, so might not be your thing.
Sadly there is nothing like a fragrance of a wild dog rose, which is just pure heaven.

Those all sound worth checking out. I don't have a lot of faith/respect for Body Shop as perfumers, but they've been known to surprise me every once in a while. I fell head over heels for a rich dark vanilla they did many winters ago.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2017, 6:12 pm

Carolina Herrera's VIP original mostly, or Sarah Jessica Parkers Lovely, but Gloria Vanderbilt is another I had bought, and its a bit strong but works.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2017, 5:07 pm

I haven't worn any in a long time. My favorite brand is a German brand called 4711.

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2017, 8:28 am

i can't stand the scent of women's deodorant. it all smells like baby powder and cheap perfume to me. yuck.
i find men's deodorant to have a more sensible smell a lot of the time. i guess i like smelling "like a man".

This_Amoeba
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2017, 10:27 am

^I like the classic "old spice" deodorant and aftershave smell.

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 6:56 am

I like perfume that smells like oranges and some other fruit scents and flower scents and sophisticated I-don't-know-what scents, but I never wear perfume. Or rarely. I just don't bother. As long as I've showered, with soap and water, properly (and I always do), that's good enough for me.