What's your favorite perfume/scent to wear?

Page 6 of 8 [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2017, 6:56 am

I like perfume that smells like oranges and some other fruit scents and flower scents and sophisticated I-don't-know-what scents, but I never wear perfume. Or rarely. I just don't bother. As long as I've showered, with soap and water, properly (and I always do), that's good enough for me.

Kiki1256
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 9:38 pm

I don't really like designer perfume--it's too flowery and flouncy. I prefer botanicals, especially pear-scented or citrus-scented perfume to name brands.

MarissaKay
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Nov 2017, 6:24 am

I love floral, fruit, or just "clean" scents (like beach-scented stuff or fresh laundry). I can't stand "sweet" smells, though, like honey or chocolate perfume. I also really hate fall scents because they make me sneeze!

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2017, 9:30 am

I prefer body sprays to perfumes. I got a great one last week at Bath and Body Works called "Coconut Mint" and I like it a lot. It smells really nice but not too strong.

mcconnelljk
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Nov 2017, 7:08 pm

Lavender or patchouli oils are my preference. There is a really nice lotion that I like that has patchouli and something (it smells like almonds). I also like a patchouli and orange bath mix. I find it calms me.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2017, 10:44 am

Elie Saab le Parfum (original, orange colour), for when I want orange/neroli brightness

Guerlain mon Guerlain for socializing type situations (seems to be very comforting).

Jean Paul Gaultier Classique edp for general comforting scent.

Dior Hypnotic Poison for general comforting scent, especially suited to winter.

My all-time fave, Diorissimo, has been significantly messed around with (reformulated) to the point I can smell a fecal note in it now, so unfortunately, that no longer is on the list. However, if it were still true to the original, that would trump all others.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2017, 10:46 am

Shalimar.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

MariaTheFictionkin
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2017, 10:54 am

Various brands of men's cologne, body wash and other soaps like Irish Spring. I just love the smell of it! Yup, I like smelling like a dude. Colognes are comforting to me, reminds me of my friends and significant others who are all male, who sometimes wear such products.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2017, 10:04 pm

MariaTheFictionkin wrote:
Various brands of men's cologne, body wash and other soaps like Irish Spring. I just love the smell of it! Yup, I like smelling like a dude. Colognes are comforting to me, reminds me of my friends and significant others who are all male, who sometimes wear such products.

Omg IRISH SPRING is incredible.
A lady i know IRL uses it for her son to help him calm down for sleep. She puts an open soap bar of it on the ground by his bed. He has autism the most severe level.

MindBlind
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2018, 4:16 pm

Sometimes I use impulse body spray or similar products, but that’s about it. I like stuff that makes me smell like fruit and hides my natural BO (though an antiperspirant will do as well). I would never spend that much on perfume (unless it’s really that amazing). A lot of expensive perfume smells awful to me anyway.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2018, 1:11 am

Lavender, Mythical #5, Nest Indigo

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2018, 1:36 am

IDK, I've gotten a lot of perfumes in bath gift sets and such over the years, have yet to use any up any, I will use it from time to time, but not on a very regular basis. Don't have a favorite scent per say, but if I feel like being a bit more fancy I will spray a little on. but I'd really just rather rub some essential oil on...

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2018, 1:40 am

MindBlind wrote:
Sometimes I use impulse body spray or similar products, but that’s about it. I like stuff that makes me smell like fruit and hides my natural BO (though an antiperspirant will do as well). I would never spend that much on perfume (unless it’s really that amazing). A lot of expensive perfume smells awful to me anyway.

I'd buy an expensive essential oil, before I bought an expensive perfume...that stuff is strong, but some of them are expensive because some herbal oils are harder to prepare than others, or it takes a lot of the plant to make it...like pure rose oil is really hard to come by. I have rose oil but its not entirely pure it was mixed with another neutral oil, so close but still dilated some....apparently it takes a s**t ton of roses to make a tiny bottle of rose oil.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2018, 10:24 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
MindBlind wrote:

I'd buy an expensive essential oil, before I bought an expensive perfume...that stuff is strong, but some of them are expensive because some herbal oils are harder to prepare than others, or it takes a lot of the plant to make it...like pure rose oil is really hard to come by. I have rose oil but its not entirely pure it was mixed with another neutral oil, so close but still dilated some....apparently it takes a s**t ton of roses to make a tiny bottle of rose oil.

Rose oil and neroli oil are my fave s. I used to be obsessed and make my own blends.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2018, 2:17 pm

I don't really wear perfume or anything scented other than soap, shampoo or deodorant. I don't like "perfumy" scents at all. But I do like fruity scents. There's this mandarin orange foaming hand soap that I like using because it smells just like orange-flavored Life Savers. :)

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2018, 2:30 pm

Chanel 5
Exclamation
Beverly Hills 90210
IsaDora something
at least two more but I can't recall the names

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765