What's your favorite perfume/scent to wear?

Page 4 of 8 [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Lilya
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2014, 11:14 am

I usually trust Chanel no. 5, but I also like Dior, Prada and Laura Biagotti

NinsMom
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Mar 2014, 9:13 pm

One of my favourite scents is fresh cut grass. I actually found a perfume that smells like that! I hope they never stop making it. "Grass stain".
I used to buy a perfume made by nuns in Provence, France that was orange flowers & I think? lemon verbena. The store no longer carries it, & those nuns don't seem to have e-mail or faxes. :cry:
For night time, I have one called Joli Madame. It's an old French perfume by Balmain. I don't know if it's still available, but it's incredible! I have some left, & try to ration it.
Poison is nice, but use it sparingly.
It's sad that so many people are allergic to perfume these days. I always like to put on a light scent in the daytime. I guess if I smell like fresh cut grass, people may think it isn't perfume?

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2014, 6:14 am

I find perfume a bit over bearing. However, I do wear Lacoste Touch Of Pink. Just one squirt before I go out to work.

MissMaria
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Mar 2014, 1:20 am

Liz Claiborne's "Curve Crush" and to a lesser degree "Curve Chill"
Coty's "Victoria Beckham 'Intimately'" in the pink & purple bottles (one is like an evening version or something)
Coty's "Faith Hill 'Parfum' and 'True'"

I also like Bath & Body Works "coconut lime verbena" and "warm vanilla sugar", plus a whole bunch of others.

When I was in junior high, I had Blue Jeans and Charlie. My sister had Exclamation.

I have a significant other; he wears fragrance...everything he has smells good on him, but the one he wears most often is "Phat Farm". omg, he smells good to me.

My younger son really likes Lacoste in the blue bottle.

There are some that smell sooo good to me in the bottle, and smell like bug spray or dish detergent on me. I have sample sizes of some of them, so I can smell the fragrance if I need a fix. Sometimes, I can put it on my clothing (if stains aren't an issue) and wear it that way instead of on my skin.

Then there are those which are migraine triggers. "Red Door" is one of the worst for me, and it's a coworker's favorite. She's delightful, yet I'm thankful there's enough difference between our positions within the organization's management hierarchy that when she is wearing it, I can make sure I don't sit near her without anyone attaching hidden meaning to it.

On a fragrance-related note, they recently changed air freshener at work, and I am so grateful for that. Reminds me, I need to comment on it to our facilities manager. It's a very positive change.

LMH
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Apr 2014, 5:38 pm

I have quite a lot of perfumes, and alternate between them very frequently. I mainly stick to those with jasmine and other middle-eastern inspired scents though, or ones that are quite light. My three favourites though have to be:

Elizabeth Taylor's Violet Eyes, as it smells like Parma Violets sweets.
The Body Shop's body spray Indian Night Jasmine is also really good, and it reminds me a bit of my boyfriend.
The one I use most for school though is Hollister's Solana Beach (the blue one) as it smells like candy. Though it's extremely expensive, it is very good.

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 12:41 pm

My olfactory sensitivities have increased as I've aged. I used to be able to wear any perfume.

Now I'm down to one - Burberry Brit. I believe it has lemongrass, blood orange, and clove fragrances. Very light and spicy, but not at all flowery. I wear so little of it that no one else can smell it unless they hug me, and then, if they even notice, they say "you smell amazing!! !"

I also have to use unscented laundry products, and have to be ultra-careful about what cleaning products I buy (mostly I just use diluted vinegar). I found one variety of scented bar soap that I buy at the natural foods store - the fragrances are cassia (cinnamon) and clove.

Any time I have to switch cleaning products or bar soaps (it took me almost 5 years to find this new bar soap after the last one I had used for about 20 years was discontinued), it is a major hassle. Not to mention all the money I spend trying different products and ultimately having to throw them away. Taking a sniff in the store does not always translate to how it's going to affect me when I have to use larger quantities of it at home.

kcizzle
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Apr 2014, 4:33 pm

I've recently found Charlie (red) which my mum used to wear back in the 80s. It is dirt cheap, but comforting and pleasant.

starvingartist
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2014, 7:01 pm

happy heart by clinique

i suspect they may be taking it off the market soon, so i ordered several bottles a while back to stock up, because i don't know what i would do without this stuff. i'm not big on girly things generally speaking, but this perfume just makes me feel happy (the name is eerily apt) when i smell it, so i wear it all the time, even when i'm home alone. :lol:

Perkulator
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Apr 2014, 1:41 am

Coco Chanel
Opium
White Shoulders

When I don't want perfume I wear cocoa butter lotion.

I use all these scents as aroma therapy especially when there are unpleasant odors around.

Geist
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Apr 2014, 9:51 am

Allergic, highly allergic to every kind and type of scent. From perfume to dryer sheets.

From a sharp white hot sensation on my tongue to seizures. It's fun driving behind someone who uses those dryer sheets that claim to give off 'bursts of fragrance' until you next do laundry or for years at a time. I mean who wants their cloths to have a fragrance especially a toxic one that lasts for years? That and your shampoo has another, then your deodorant, body wash, hair spray, etc. Then you have an air freshener in your home, and your vehicle. Don't forget your cologne. Gah.

shutterbug55
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Apr 2014, 3:21 pm

I am very sensitive to smells, and most perfumes - especially the ones found in most stores - are like being struck in the face by a 2X4. Tentations Perfume by Paloma Picasso, used in very small amounts is my favorite.

QuidditchChick
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Apr 2014, 8:40 am

Can't do scents, they make me ill.

honeyaureus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 May 2014, 8:19 pm

I usually don't wear perfume, but my favorites are Pink Friday by Nicki Minaj, Curious by Britney Spears, Justin Bieber's Girlfriend, Bejeweled by Vera Wang, and Fantasy by Britney Spears.

I also made a perfume with a science kit that I got for Christmas one year, I call it "Essence of Willow (after a plush meerkat I have)." I don't remember all I put in it, and I'm not sure if the vial survived the move, or if the scent is still good, but I want to find it some time (maybe even get a new perfume making kit so I can do it again! :D ).

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2017, 10:49 am

I think perfume has become a bit of a special interest for me within the past few years. It started with reading The Emperor of Scent, The Secret of Scent, and The Perfect Scent in close succession. I hadn't really cared much about perfumes before that. I'd just stuck to finding a popular scent/perfume that I could deal with wearing. Now I read fragrantica like I used to read encyclopedia's and dictionaries.

I recently got a big perfume/mini perfume/lotion combo of Prada's Candy. It really works for me when I'm in the mood to wear a nice caramel scent. It's settles close enough to the skin that it could be worn in summer without fear, but it still seems like an autumn/winter scent to me.

Other favorites in my perfume wardrobe:
Lilly Pulitzer's Beachy (mostly for summer)
Escada's Lily Chic (mostly a cool/cold evening scent, definitely a dress-up scent, and I used to think of it as a winter scent)
Oscar De La Renta's So De La Renta (I used to wear it as a work perfume, but now I save it for weekends)

General perfume notes:
I can't stand powdery scents in perfumes, deodorants, cosmetics, etc. Some of them are just disagreeable, some of them make me choke, and some of them make me nauseous. Prada's Candy apparently smells powdery to many people, but thankfully that has not been my experience at all. On me it skips that entirely.

I'm open to a lot of different floral notes. I like warm sugar/caramel, vanilla, and fruit notes when done right. I like benzoin notes.

I'm open to a lot of the notes traditionally found in men's cologne and deodorants. I wish perfume designers would play with these more.

I'm currently in search of a good rose perfume. I'd really like the heart and soul to be roses. No powdery notes for reasons previously mentioned. For some reason, this is really hard to find.

General favorite scent (oil) notes:
For body:
roses, tea tree oil, any sort of mint, eucalyptus, some lavenders but not others, some jasmines but not others

For home:
sandalwood, roses, and (secretly) patchouli, verbena, mint, eucalyptus, tea tree oil.

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2017, 4:06 pm

I often forget or otherwise don't consider the occasion fancy enough for wearing fragrance, but I do like most of Thierry Mugler's perfumes. Womanity replaced my old Alien bottle a couple years ago. I would like to get one of the Kenzo Flower perfumes at some point, somewhat less overpowering than many other brands available.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2017, 2:44 pm

I wear Nest fragrances. I prefer rollerball perfumes over squirt bottles because I have more control over how much I put.

I have other perfumes but Nest is my favorite brand. Philosophy body washes are nice.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre