Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Hample
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Jan 2012, 8:50 am

Open minded people.
'Neurotypical' people are not that. They live inside a box. At least some of them, some may not care about it though.
So, what is aspergers/autism?
What IS it?
We are all humans, and the only thing that differ, the way I see it, is worldview.
Where is the 'fail' in your minds?
Where is the 'fail' in their minds?
There is none. There is only different perspectives on how you see/interpret everything.
Everything that you feel are wrong, it feels bad or w/e, is because of confusion. And that confusion comes from a collective confusion, that unfortunately Some people
gain from and some people loose from.
Can you see this as clearly as I can?
Can you see The Lie?
Again, open minded people, curious people, humble people and people that pays attention (Not only those, but I hope you see where I'm going wiht this).
Those are the ones that will be able to see this lie. It will certainly get worse and worse in the future.

We need a change, that's what I believe, and the first place to start, for me, is to take a look at myself.

What do you see?

lilbuddah
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jan 2012, 9:28 am

We have aspergers, an autistic spectrum disorder, because our brains are physically different from the rest of humanity, making us the minority. The tag for us is ASD, the tag we give them is NT. Our ASD gives us a unique perspective and the possibility to look at things others don't see so well but we're in as much of a box as they are in that most of us don't get to experience extensive social lives. You could argue that our insights are more profound than an NT's but in the end it all comes down to perceived world. And that's so expansive I don't think restricting it to NT and ASD groups does it justice. Do you think?

Hample
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Jan 2012, 9:58 am

lilbuddah wrote:
We have aspergers, an autistic spectrum disorder, because our brains are physically different from the rest of humanity, making us the minority. The tag for us is ASD, the tag we give them is NT. Our ASD gives us a unique perspective and the possibility to look at things others don't see so well but we're in as much of a box as they are in that most of us don't get to experience extensive social lives. You could argue that our insights are more profound than an NT's but in the end it all comes down to perceived world. And that's so expansive I don't think restricting it to NT and ASD groups does it justice. Do you think?

Ofcource not, but this is an autism forum, that's why I restricted it to that in my post.
All I'm saying is this; Why should your 'thing' be a disorder? Dis-order, is it not in 'order'? Really? What is order then?
Yeah, blabla, some of you have already thought about this, so what are your conclusions?
Why settle?

camelCase
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Jan 2012, 3:01 pm

You're igniting my nihilistic nature.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2012, 3:21 pm

Reality is all that is left when you stop believing in unprovable things.

purchase
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2012, 1:25 am

XXX

Last edited by purchase on 18 Jan 2012, 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2012, 1:31 am

Fnord wrote:

Technically much of accepted physics is unprovable...

You will reap what you've sown.

Aldran
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Jan 2012, 3:00 am

abacacus wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Technically much of accepted physics is unprovable...

I kinda think thats the point of what hes saying...... Though I could be wrong, he might have just said that as a Cliche`.....

@the OP:
To answer your last question, I see someone that seemingly interprets the world either differently, or possibly more thoroughly (In certain focused areas *probably*) then most of those around him......

And I would point out that your analysis (For lack of a better description) seems to lack an acknowledgement to the liklihood of an as yet undiscovered physical difference between NTs and non-NTs.

Further, I disagree that all NT's Are Closed Minded, simply for being NT's. I think its easy for NT's to build their worldview into boxes there by imprisoning themselves within certain views, but I would also point out that being human, any ASD person could do the same.

Next, I disagree that being non-NT is purely a philosophical distinction from being NT, though if you limit your distinctions to likelihood of different philosophical outlook's as a result of interpretting similar experiences differently, then I would agree that there are definitely different philosophies/world-view's as a result of being NT or Not.

Finally, I agree that change is needed, but not because I feel I've been lied to (Though Im sure I have been, lol), but rather because I believe change to be a natural course of events, and that though it will be different then before, there will be opportunities to be found, and problems to be overcome (I like a challenge, preferably not a social one though). Though if you're refering to society at large, particularly western society, I heartily agree change is needed if only because an Infinite Resource Paradigm cannot exist on a planet with Finite Resources Indefinitely..... Nor does it feel very nice being one of the Have-Nots......

Cheers,
Aldran