Page 1 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2012, 10:30 am

My latest obsession, escalating to number one. Discuss everything about Sherlock Holmes here! I'll start...
Do you like the new movie?

fraac
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2012, 10:50 am

I much prefer the BBC series. They both highlight the Holmes Watson relationship but the BBC version does it more plausibly, imo.

The_Perfect_Storm
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2012, 12:11 pm

Lots of Sherlock topics going around. Can't wait to see the new Russian one or whatever. Anyone read the books?

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2012, 9:34 am

Am trying to get hold of a set of Holmes novels.
Did you know that the Swedish version lisbeth...the girl with the dragon tattoo...she plays simza heron in Holmes 2!! !
Hmm, I am working on some fan fiction, I have about 2000 words already. Not bromance between Holmes and Watson, though. Lol.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2012, 11:04 am

Robert Downey Jr :heart: need I say more? :oops:

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2012, 10:09 pm

luvsterriers wrote:

Some have told me that I seem very much like the movie Holmes, my dear Watson. :lol:
I especially like those quotes, the bickering between Holmes and Watson always make me laugh.

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2012, 8:26 am

No offense but some of the fan fiction...explicit :oops: . I read some and decided to create my own.

Anyways, the movie was awesome 8)Such a pity Irene Adler died...she was just absolutely stunning.

fraac
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2012, 9:07 am

Did she died? It was off screen.

keira
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2012, 9:24 am

luvsterriers wrote:

^^^ This. :)

I loved the books as well.

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2012, 11:27 am

fraac wrote:
Did she died? It was off screen.

On screen, actually. At the end, from a fast acting form of tb, although I think it's quite unlikely. Maybe she was sick already. That leaves Holmes and Watson...um, he is quite unlikely to get another girlfriend, poor guy. 8O

If I ever become an actress one role I would really like to get is Holmes. Yes, I know I'm not a guy, but I look neutral. I can be anyone, lol.

fraac
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2012, 1:25 pm

That was part of a story told by Moriarty. I thought he was making it up.

SoftKitty
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2012, 1:59 pm

fraac wrote:
That was part of a story told by Moriarty. I thought he was making it up.

In case you are talking about the latest version with Robert Downey Jr.:
I thought the part with Adler was pretty obvious to anyone. But there are so many people - I would not say "trolling" - on this forum guessing what really happened to Irene Adler that I simply must explain it. It´s nothing against YOU, this message is directed towards other people on the forum as well. It´s not badly intended, I am just blunt and always say what I think. So, if I somehow insulted you, sorry.

Well, it was like this: Irene Adler was working for James Moriarty. She had various roles, her main role was, however, to seduce her ex-lover Sherlock Holmes and take out of him what he knows about Moriarty and his upcoming plans. But since Adler had failed in this area, Moriarty decided to give her another task (as to give her a second chance to prove that she is a valuable help after all). She were supposed to keep Holmes´ nose out of Moriarty´s business; be a distraction. She failed again. So her gave her a third chance: acting as a "postman". She was supposed to deliver parcels or letters with bombs to important people that Moriarty had intended to kill. She had been succesful at the missions, but then she failed MISERABLY at delivering the last package to the guy that was seen at the very beginning of the movie - the old chap at the auction.

But at the time, Holmes had already found out what´s going on, and tried to prevent Adler from delivering the package. He met her at the market and told her she was being followed by five strange men. Those who - in reality - were her "bodyguards", and whose Holmes had to fight afterwards.

After Holmes had fought them off, he prevented the bomb from destroying the auction hall. HOWEVER - that was EXACTLY what Moriarty wanted. To kill the receiver of the package (the old guy who was killed a few minutes later anyway), and to create havoc with making the bomb explode. As we knew, he was orchestrating these bomb attacks all around the world for a reason - to get to the supplies, quoting: "To own the bullets and the bandages."

But as I said, Adler failed miserably in her role. And Moriarty, who´s given her enough chances, was rightfully (from his POV) pissed off. But there was a problem: she already knew about the bomb attacks and other stuff that Moriarty was doing. Given the fact that she knew him personally, it was extremely dangerous, keeping her alive. But he would have her killed ANYWAY - either if she succeeded or not - I am SURE of it.

The only problem was, how to do it so anyone would not suspect anything strange. But he was a master in his job. So he suggested they meet in a place he wanted. She declined, however. She was scared of him and expected him to harm or even kill her, if they were in a place she did not know. So she suggested herself a place - that fancy café - where she was supposed to meet Moriarty. He agreed, knowing already the plan how to kill her.

How he did it? He possibly told his people (who knew Moriarty) to tell THEIR people (who did NOT know Moriarty) that they shall find as many people they want, pay them a relatively big money and tell them: "Go to this and that restaurant, be there at e.g. three o´clock, and after you hear the tingling on the glas, get up and go away. Do not turn around when somethinh happens." And the people, who were really in need of money (everybody needs money and this task was easy) said: "OK. I will come." It was all Moriarty´s people, and they did not even KNOW that.

Then Moriarty found out if there are his people serving at the restaurant OR he put there his own "black horse" in advance. Again, he hired the waiter through other people, possibly through Moran, because he was his most trusted servant, and this was a very important job. Moriarty told Moran to spill a poison in Adles tea. I can almost imagne it: "And let it be some poison that nobody can´t find out forensically. A poison that kills instantly and shows the same signs as "the rare form of Tuberculosis." The waiter took the money and did it and put the teapot at Adler´s table in advance. Then she came, drank from it and died. Easy as f**k, yet genial.

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2012, 8:04 am

That's awesome! Thank you! I really don't want Irene to die though... :(

HereBeDragons
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2012, 10:48 pm

Read all the stories, bit of a Puritan when it comes to Sherlock Holmes. Love the BBC series. Thought I wouldn't care for the movies, but they are certainly not bad.

Anyone seen the new American series?

SoftKitty
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2012, 12:02 pm

HereBeDragons wrote:
Read all the stories, bit of a Puritan when it comes to Sherlock Holmes. Love the BBC series. Thought I wouldn't care for the movies, but they are certainly not bad.

Anyone seen the new American series?

No, and I don´t even plan it.

Epsilon
Toucan
Toucan

13 Dec 2012, 9:25 pm

The BBC series is popular for good reason; the dynamics between Wattson and Holmes plus the ingenuity of the actual mysteries really got me into it.