Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ASDMommyASDKid
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2017, 7:22 am

I don't know how the poster wears the scarf but maybe it is proprioceptive input that is causing the positive feelings. I feel different based on what I am covered with and its weight. I can feel the edges of myself, which I normally can't and it makes me feel different. Maybe the scarf is not used as an eye covering but helps define bodily borders if that makes sense.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2017, 9:36 am

ASDMommyASDKid wrote:
I don't know how the poster wears the scarf but maybe it is proprioceptive input that is causing the positive feelings. I feel different based on what I am covered with and its weight. I can feel the edges of myself, which I normally can't and it makes me feel different. Maybe the scarf is not used as an eye covering but helps define bodily borders if that makes sense.

It made sense to me.

I feel more comfortable with my hood up. I like the feel of it (my borders :) ) and the feeling of being protected. I do give a bit more eye contact to strangers because I can sort of duck back inside again (like I'm peeping out from a cave) but my eye contact while different is not a big problem for me. I wear a lot of hoodies too, it's nice that they soften sound as well :D

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2017, 3:29 pm

I only wear a hood if it's really cold outside. I don't wear scarves at all; they make me feel like I'm being choked.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2017, 3:43 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I only wear a hood if it's really cold outside. I don't wear scarves at all; they make me feel like I'm being choked.

A scarf would annoy me because of the flapping and the moving about, but I like things being close especially around my head and neck (I wear lots of roll necks) otherwise I feel cold. My skin is very sensitive if it is exposed to the air.