Are you unemployed; if so, how does it affect you?

Page 4 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

22 Sep 2012, 9:12 pm

I was unemployed for a couple years before I had my 1st job. I had a mental breakdown during that time & I think not working or things related to it contributed to it. My parents were on my back alot about how I was spending time in my room on computer & that I had nothing going on in my life & that I didn't want to work because I was lazy. I had been putting in apps at most every place I could think of & not even getting so much as an interview. I also had to ask my parents for money or to buy me things I wanted because I had no income & they gripped about what I wanted to spend their money on & they also said how I should of got a job so I could of been paying for my own things. I had no social life & was lonely. I spent alot of my time online because I had nothing else going on or to do & I got close to a girl online. She was my 1st person I felt a connection with. I had a lot of mental issues & things didn't work out between us as a result & I fell into a psychotic depression. I got my 1st job after that. I'm not going get into my work history on this thread but I've been unemployed for a few years now. I'm on Social Security Disability because of physical disabilities. Anyways I did grow in lots of ways from the experience of working but I made a lot of progress after I quit working too; I joined this site, learned a lot about AS, got a girlfriend, got out of the ending stages of my depression & other things. In some ways I miss working because it got me out of the house, gave me something to do, made me feel productive, my parents didn't say I was lazy or were on my back about how I wasn't contributing to the household. I'm planning on moving in with my girlfriend soon so I'm not searching for a job now but after I move & we get settled in with things; I'll start trying to find one or talk to voc rehab or other things that might could help. I know working can help me out a lot but I think it's important for me to have the rite job for me. I have physical disabilities that limit what I can do, I like things that are fairly routine but I can handle routine changes after I learn, I don't handle conflicting/mixed orders wel. & I work better when I'm left alone to do my job instead of being pulled off a lot thou I can handle that some. Not having the rite job can stress me out a lot &which can cause me to to have emotional problems or it can keep building up till I have a meltdown at work & quit

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 12:43 pm

nick007 wrote:
I was unemployed for a couple years before I had my 1st job. I had a mental breakdown during that time & I think not working or things related to it contributed to it. My parents were on my back alot about how I was spending time in my room on computer & that I had nothing going on in my life & that I didn't want to work because I was lazy. I had been putting in apps at most every place I could think of & not even getting so much as an interview. I also had to ask my parents for money or to buy me things I wanted because I had no income & they gripped about what I wanted to spend their money on & they also said how I should of got a job so I could of been paying for my own things. I had no social life & was lonely. I spent alot of my time online because I had nothing else going on or to do & I got close to a girl online. She was my 1st person I felt a connection with. I had a lot of mental issues & things didn't work out between us as a result & I fell into a psychotic depression. I got my 1st job after that. I'm not going get into my work history on this thread but I've been unemployed for a few years now. I'm on Social Security Disability because of physical disabilities. Anyways I did grow in lots of ways from the experience of working but I made a lot of progress after I quit working too; I joined this site, learned a lot about AS, got a girlfriend, got out of the ending stages of my depression & other things. In some ways I miss working because it got me out of the house, gave me something to do, made me feel productive, my parents didn't say I was lazy or were on my back about how I wasn't contributing to the household. I'm planning on moving in with my girlfriend soon so I'm not searching for a job now but after I move & we get settled in with things; I'll start trying to find one or talk to voc rehab or other things that might could help. I know working can help me out a lot but I think it's important for me to have the rite job for me. I have physical disabilities that limit what I can do, I like things that are fairly routine but I can handle routine changes after I learn, I don't handle conflicting/mixed orders wel. & I work better when I'm left alone to do my job instead of being pulled off a lot thou I can handle that some. Not having the rite job can stress me out a lot &which can cause me to to have emotional problems or it can keep building up till I have a meltdown at work & quit

I just want to have a life again