Page 356 of 399 [ 6382 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 353, 354, 355, 356, 357, 358, 359 ... 399  Next

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 6:09 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
Hello, I seem to be unpopular on WP as well. I wouldn't mind too much - I'm plenty used to being ignored - except that I keep trying to ask for help with my depression and self-harm in The Haven, and I've had to flat-out say something about how I could really use some help multiple times to get any replies, which only makes me feel worse. I probably seem to complain a lot, but that's because this is really the only place I can, and I know I also tend to perseverate on things. It feels like only maybe two people care at all that I'm really struggling.

As for in person, I have what I call social invisibility. That is, it seems people see me (enough not to run into me or anything, at least), but they don't mentally acknowledge my presence. If I'm lucky, I may get a passing greeting, but that's it - immediately afterward, it's as if I don't exist. If I try to join a conversation, often people will just wait until I'm done and then go back to talking as if I hadn't said anything (if I'm lucky - most of the rest of the time, they talk over me before I'm even finished, and my voice isn't loud enough to be heard over them). People will even have very personal, private conversations with their very close friends when I'm right next to them, as if they forget that I'm there (many people in high school and college were lucky that I'd never even consider gossiping, even if I had anyone to tell things to - which I didn't).

I can relate to social invisibility, my high school was pretty much that, sometimes people forgot I was even in the classroom! I ask for advice and get nothing that really helps. In dungeons n dragons I'm master ninja because I can assassinate someone in public and people will still not notice me! :lol:

Want to be friends DnD. I never had a chance to play D&D, what was your experience like?(Well I did play a game similar with my brother but all he really likes to do is create characters and fight, which to me gets stale really fast. I like exploring, story, and character development.)

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference."

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 6:21 pm

AquaineBay wrote:
dragonsanddemons wrote:
Hello, I seem to be unpopular on WP as well. I wouldn't mind too much - I'm plenty used to being ignored - except that I keep trying to ask for help with my depression and self-harm in The Haven, and I've had to flat-out say something about how I could really use some help multiple times to get any replies, which only makes me feel worse. I probably seem to complain a lot, but that's because this is really the only place I can, and I know I also tend to perseverate on things. It feels like only maybe two people care at all that I'm really struggling.

As for in person, I have what I call social invisibility. That is, it seems people see me (enough not to run into me or anything, at least), but they don't mentally acknowledge my presence. If I'm lucky, I may get a passing greeting, but that's it - immediately afterward, it's as if I don't exist. If I try to join a conversation, often people will just wait until I'm done and then go back to talking as if I hadn't said anything (if I'm lucky - most of the rest of the time, they talk over me before I'm even finished, and my voice isn't loud enough to be heard over them). People will even have very personal, private conversations with their very close friends when I'm right next to them, as if they forget that I'm there (many people in high school and college were lucky that I'd never even consider gossiping, even if I had anyone to tell things to - which I didn't).

I can relate to social invisibility, my high school was pretty much that, sometimes people forgot I was even in the classroom! I ask for advice and get nothing that really helps. In dungeons n dragons I'm master ninja because I can assassinate someone in public and people will still not notice me! :lol:

Want to be friends DnD. I never had a chance to play D&D, what was your experience like?(Well I did play a game similar with my brother but all he really likes to do is create characters and fight, which to me gets stale really fast. I like exploring, story, and character development.)

Sure, I'll be your friend :) I haven't played Dungeons and Dragons or anything similar, but I think I'd enjoy it. I love to role-play and come up with stories on my own, and I think it would be more fun if I had someone to do it with. My brother helped me create a character for Pathfinder a few months ago, but we didn't end up actually playing before he went back to college, two hours away. My username is just what my two main obsessions were at the time I joined - it's a coincidence that it also happens to be D&D.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 7:29 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
AquaineBay wrote:
dragonsanddemons wrote:

Sure, I'll be your friend :) I haven't played Dungeons and Dragons or anything similar, but I think I'd enjoy it. I love to role-play and come up with stories on my own, and I think it would be more fun if I had someone to do it with. My brother helped me create a character for Pathfinder a few months ago, but we didn't end up actually playing before he went back to college, two hours away. My username is just what my two main obsessions were at the time I joined - it's a coincidence that it also happens to be D&D.

I like making stories for my characters too. My avatar for this site is actually one of my characters. He is the prince of Atlantis :roll: on my brothers world(I hate that he changed the name from Oceania to Atlantis, Atlantis is so cliche! Oceania might be too but Atlantis is everywhere! Though I think his entire world is full of cliche's, which makes it very boring, and most of the things in it don't make sense.) He is also the co-leader of a base called Twilight Hearts.

Anyway, what's the name of the character that you made in Pathfinder?

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 7:43 pm

AquaineBay wrote:
I like making stories for my characters too. My avatar for this site is actually one of my characters. He is the prince of Atlantis :roll: on my brothers world(I hate that he changed the name from Oceania to Atlantis, Atlantis is so cliche! Oceania might be too but Atlantis is everywhere! Though I think his entire world is full of cliche's, which makes it very boring, and most of the things in it don't make sense.) He is also the co-leader of a base called Twilight Hearts.

If I came up with a name, I don't remember it - I always have trouble thinking of names. She's a half-elf sorcerer with dragon blood, and will get dragon-related powers later, I think. I don't remember what other details I decided on - it should be recorded on an app my brother has (or maybe it's a Web site, I don't know - he just handed me his phone and told me how to do it), though, so I won't have to do it again.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 10:14 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
AquaineBay wrote:

If I came up with a name, I don't remember it - I always have trouble thinking of names. She's a half-elf sorcerer with dragon blood, and will get dragon-related powers later, I think. I don't remember what other details I decided on - it should be recorded on an app my brother has (or maybe it's a Web site, I don't know - he just handed me his phone and told me how to do it), though, so I won't have to do it again.

I had a feeling the character was going to be a dragon, dragon-human, or have dragon blood inside of them! Any particular type(s) of story you like to make for your characters.(Thriller, exciting, comedic.)

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 11:21 pm

AquaineBay wrote:
dragonsanddemons wrote:
AquaineBay wrote:

I had a feeling the character was going to be a dragon, dragon-human, or have dragon blood inside of them! Any particular type(s) of story you like to make for your characters.(Thriller, exciting, comedic.)

I don't think you can actually be a dragon in Pathfinder. If you're a sorcerer, you choose a lineage that affects your abilities and things, and I think choosing the dragon one is the only way to have any sort of dragon heritage or dragon abilities. But I'm hardly an expert, I might be wrong.

I mostly write fantasy/supernatural, sometimes verging into light-ish horror or sci-fi. I'm really not very good at it, though. I'm pretty good at coming up with ideas but horrible at putting them into words and turning them into interesting stories. I also like just testing out scenarios with my characters in my head. I have three stories I switch between right now, that eventually merge a bit.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 11:51 pm

I just tried to find the "search user" function to make sure of someone's username to say something nice about them in the appropriate topic here, and it said "No friends online, no friends offline."
Which made me laugh. Seems about right. :wink:

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2017, 12:04 am

C2V wrote:
I just tried to find the "search user" function to make sure of someone's username to say something nice about them in the appropriate topic here, and it said "No friends online, no friends offline."
Which made me laugh. Seems about right. :wink:

Wow, even the internet is a douchebag! Who knew computers that were programmed to only do certain things were so mean! :lol:

To D&D I like thinking up fantasy stories as well, I can't really work with sci-fi(not really tech savvy for it.)never tried horror. My hand writing is whack and I have a hard time filling in between the important parts of stories which is why I think not write. I guess they don't let you create a dragon because then said person would be WAY too overpowered! High HP, ATK, Armour. Decent magic(your breath has to hurt.) only thing you couldn't beat would be a ghost!

300series
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2017, 10:05 am

dragonsanddemons wrote:
AquaineBay wrote:
dragonsanddemons wrote:

Dragonsanddemons:

I am glad to hear that you are doing better. It helps to communicate with people who care.

shadowself
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2017, 3:29 pm

I'm new on this thread. I am never popular myself, and anyone who spends very long with me usually finds some reason to drift away, casual-like. Although I have a way with words and can be very engaging in conversation, everyone eventually realizes that we don't think in parallels, and that I am off at an odd angle to their own view of reality.

^In regards to social invisilbilty, I got that, and it seems to be close to a real thing. When I really want to blend in I picture a mental image of myself, as if I am made of glass and all the light shines through me, so that I'm just a thought floating in the air with no body, just breathing and observing. I assume it relates somehow to human psychology, such as that a relaxed person who is not thinking or moving much does not draw attention: whenever I do that people often fail to notice me even when I am right in front of them. It's a bit of a reflex at this point, and sometimes if I go out with people and wander around a little getting relaxed, people have left me entirely, forgetting I was there.

One eye opened slowly, green and gold as sunlight in the woods. The cat said,"I am what I am. I would tell you what you want to know if I could, for you have been kind to me. But I am a cat, and no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer."

PBL187
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2017, 6:25 pm

Wait what? I've been taking part in an unpopular popularity contest by being on this site? I really am losing touch. Oh wait, I was never in touch to begin with. Oh well

Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 11:56 am

Welcome to this thread shadow.

Honestly I think every online forum becomes a popularity contest.

shadowself
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 1:56 pm

^Thank you Butterfly!
I intend to be the most unpopular person of all, thus securing my place at the pinnacle of unpopularity. :wink:

One eye opened slowly, green and gold as sunlight in the woods. The cat said,"I am what I am. I would tell you what you want to know if I could, for you have been kind to me. But I am a cat, and no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer."

Snacks
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Oct 2017, 2:08 am

PBL187 wrote:
Wait what? I've been taking part in an unpopular popularity contest by being on this site? I really am losing touch. Oh wait, I was never in touch to begin with. Oh well

You do what you can with it, is what I reckon. Get to talking with whoever you want to as much as is reasonable, talk to plenty of people as you want to. There's no rush. :wink:

PBL187
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 8:01 am

Snacks wrote:
PBL187 wrote:

You do what you can with it, is what I reckon. Get to talking with whoever you want to as much as is reasonable, talk to plenty of people as you want to. There's no rush. :wink:

Tbh, I don't place a lot of importance on being "in touch" socially. It's hard enough to stay "in touch" with reality!

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2017, 5:19 am

I'm unpopular all over today, just for pointing out what people are really doing - as I see it - and "calling" them on it instead of just giving them what they want without mentioning the subterfuge.
I can't communicate with people. I really cannot.