Page 359 of 399 [ 6381 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 356, 357, 358, 359, 360, 361, 362 ... 399  Next

ZZZTired
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Jan 2018, 5:23 am

I really think having to live life with a great social life has far better results than living a lonely life.

PBL187
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2018, 3:58 pm

If Dragnet mysteriously vanishes then we know the CIA have got to him for posting about not liking America

katdances
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Feb 2018, 5:58 pm

ZZZTired wrote:
I really think having to live life with a great social life has far better results than living a lonely life.

I completely agree. It's just so exhausting and it sucks feeling like people can read you as insecure just because you're uncomfortable being around them. I wish I could get to be like Raf Simons. He does great work and gets to live a nice life without the social aspect of it, only when he says its ok.

I feel like I pretend to be social all time. Once I get in a cab back home it's like "Finally I can breathe" and then the cab driver tries for conversation. Might be mean, but most times I just put on my big headphones on and forget about it.

paintmepink
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Feb 2018, 2:01 pm

katdances wrote:
ZZZTired wrote:

I completely agree. It's just so exhausting and it sucks feeling like people can read you as insecure just because you're uncomfortable being around them. I wish I could get to be like Raf Simons. He does great work and gets to live a nice life without the social aspect of it, only when he says its ok.

I feel like I pretend to be social all time. Once I get in a cab back home it's like "Finally I can breathe" and then the cab driver tries for conversation. Might be mean, but most times I just put on my big headphones on and forget about it.

I like talking to the cab drivers. They call me brother, and they ask me about my life. They're actually the only ones that care aside from some of my family members.

PBL187
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2018, 2:14 pm

paintmepink wrote:
katdances wrote:
ZZZTired wrote:

I like talking to the cab drivers. They call me brother, and they ask me about my life. They're actually the only ones that care aside from some of my family members.

Yeah private hire cab drivers are generally decent people. Not so sure about those who drive black cabs here in the UK, but that's a different story.

paintmepink
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Feb 2018, 2:35 pm

PBL187 wrote:
paintmepink wrote:
katdances wrote:
ZZZTired wrote:

Yeah private hire cab drivers are generally decent people. Not so sure about those who drive black cabs here in the UK, but that's a different story.

What are the black cabs like?

PBL187
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2018, 3:03 pm

[quote="ZZZTired What are the black cabs like?[/quote]

Well, pretty quiet usually if you're a passenger, but if you're another driver on the road, particularly a bus driver, they can be as*holes.

Some of em think they own the bloody roads as well, like if someone flags them down as they were turning into another road they will turn back and cut across everyone to pick the passenger up and sod everyone behind them.

Also they have a bitter road rivalry with bus drivers. I've seen one banging on a bus driver's window yelling at him to get out and fight him, and I don't mean on YouTube or Facebook lol, I've seen a few other examples of antagonism by cabbies as well.

Not to mention some of them purposefully take the longer routes or the routes with the worst traffic so the fare will rise more than it should. One even tried a cheap trick with my dad once, this particular cabbie took the route where the 12th July Orange Lodge parade walk back to their club, so it would take much longer to get through. My dad weren't having none of it though and said he won't pay for the time spent stuck behind the bands, he would only pay the usual fare for the distance he was travelling. The cabbie had no choice but to knock that extra off. So they can be total as*holes with the passengers that way. In my experience hardly any private hire cabs pull them kinda tricks, I think most who drive the black cabs do take the longer routes though.

paintmepink
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Feb 2018, 7:41 pm

[quote="ZZZTired What are the black cabs like?[/quote]

Well, pretty quiet usually if you're a passenger, but if you're another driver on the road, particularly a bus driver, they can be as*holes.

Some of em think they own the bloody roads as well, like if someone flags them down as they were turning into another road they will turn back and cut across everyone to pick the passenger up and sod everyone behind them.

Also they have a bitter road rivalry with bus drivers. I've seen one banging on a bus driver's window yelling at him to get out and fight him, and I don't mean on YouTube or Facebook lol, I've seen a few other examples of antagonism by cabbies as well.

Not to mention some of them purposefully take the longer routes or the routes with the worst traffic so the fare will rise more than it should. One even tried a cheap trick with my dad once, this particular cabbie took the route where the 12th July Orange Lodge parade walk back to their club, so it would take much longer to get through. My dad weren't having none of it though and said he won't pay for the time spent stuck behind the bands, he would only pay the usual fare for the distance he was travelling. The cabbie had no choice but to knock that extra off. So they can be total as*holes with the passengers that way. In my experience hardly any private hire cabs pull them kinda tricks, I think most who drive the black cabs do take the longer routes though.[/quote]

Was it not tradition in the UK that the black cabs have the right of way?

PBL187
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2018, 10:22 pm

paintmepink wrote:
Was it not tradition in the UK that the black cabs have the right of way?

That's more for buses. Besides, there's right of way, then there's turning in one direction and then in mid-turn going back in the other direction in front of oncoming traffic to pick up a fare, like without warning though. Some people abuse their r-o-w, and taxis, though important, are not as important, or indeed as big a vehicle, as buses. To put it simply, most of the cabbies who drive black cabs just don't give a flying fk (I can't just type 'black cab drivers' in case it is misread lol).

ScarletIbis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Feb 2018, 3:43 pm

Hmm :? I seem to be a thread killer, unless it’s one in the random or games section.

Feel free to message me if you want

Please understand that everything I write should be read with a grain of salt because I frequently adjust my views based on new information (just read a description of INTP that should explain better than I)

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2018, 4:06 pm

^It is likely, not you or your posts, but rather, your post may have held the answers, and there was nothing further to discuss, or, similar. You always add value to a discussion, from my perspective! Try not to put too much thought into it, or let it cause you grief. Easier said than done, I know. Perhaps, when you begin to think you're the cause of a thread coming to a close, you can remind yourself of your positive attributes, and the people who have expressed their appreciation of you/ your contributions. Onward and upward ! : ))

ScarletIbis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Feb 2018, 4:10 pm

Hmm, interesting perspective Britte. I shall take point.

Feel free to message me if you want

Please understand that everything I write should be read with a grain of salt because I frequently adjust my views based on new information (just read a description of INTP that should explain better than I)

katdances
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Feb 2018, 1:01 pm

paintmepink wrote:
katdances wrote:
ZZZTired wrote:

Definitely there are very nice cab drivers, but it's not about how they behave (here it varies, some of them are very respectful and others could hit on you and ask incredibly uncomfortable questions), in my case I rarely open up or share my life even with my closest friends. It can be difficult for me to do that, so when it's a stranger who's driving me for about 45 minutes, I just rather listen to music or prepare myself for the place I'm going to.

Also, I'm really sorry people you're close with don't ask about how you're doing. It's one thing to not want to share and another to not have someone to share with. Hope I don't come off as ungrateful. I do get that feeling sometimes, they mainly ask about regular things so I can't just share everything that's actually going on. That does happen to me often. Do they tell you what's going on with them? Or maybe just start a conversation by telling them something that happened to you. Sometimes they think you're alright and that's why they don't ask.

Nekomonster
Toucan
Toucan

27 Feb 2018, 9:57 am

Hi. I kinda don't have friends. :? Some people are just like "haha I don't have friends" (including my sister when I know she has friends), but I'm definitely not joking. People seem to like me at school, but I don't have real friends I talk to/hang out with outside of school.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2018, 9:31 am

The only thing that occasionally makes me feel bad is knowing how much experience I lack. However, I wouldn't want to return to the life I had just a short five or six years ago, when I spent most of my time indoors. I love the variety of experiences I have now.

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2018, 10:57 am

I don't mind being outside but, I'm no Mayan sun worshiper wanting to be severely sun burned and so forth.