Page 355 of 399 [ 6382 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 352, 353, 354, 355, 356, 357, 358 ... 399  Next

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 8:41 am

Butterfly88 wrote:
I'm not popular in real life either, but I don't feel the need to be.

It does seem like a lot of unnecessary fuss and work.
As for WP - someone apparently wanted me banned recently for having an opinion I thought was helpful. Yikes.

wanderlust77
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Sep 2017, 10:24 am

Krabo wrote:
I am unpopular. To show that I am, this mystic Norse song touches my soul.

Beautiful song, touched my soul too! It reminded me that times I was in Scandinavia, I felt kinda homesick when I got home.

300series
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 11:45 am

I am also unpopular on Wrong Planet. For the last few months, I was writing to another member on here about our lives, and also things we like & do not like, but I think she has abandoned me because I wrote back to her ten days ago, and I have not heard back from her. I really liked writing to her.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 2:31 pm

Hello, I seem to be unpopular on WP as well. I wouldn't mind too much - I'm plenty used to being ignored - except that I keep trying to ask for help with my depression and self-harm in The Haven, and I've had to flat-out say something about how I could really use some help multiple times to get any replies, which only makes me feel worse. I probably seem to complain a lot, but that's because this is really the only place I can, and I know I also tend to perseverate on things. It feels like only maybe two people care at all that I'm really struggling.

As for in person, I have what I call social invisibility. That is, it seems people see me (enough not to run into me or anything, at least), but they don't mentally acknowledge my presence. If I'm lucky, I may get a passing greeting, but that's it - immediately afterward, it's as if I don't exist. If I try to join a conversation, often people will just wait until I'm done and then go back to talking as if I hadn't said anything (if I'm lucky - most of the rest of the time, they talk over me before I'm even finished, and my voice isn't loud enough to be heard over them). People will even have very personal, private conversations with their very close friends when I'm right next to them, as if they forget that I'm there (many people in high school and college were lucky that I'd never even consider gossiping, even if I had anyone to tell things to - which I didn't).

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2017, 2:46 pm

300series, I particularly enjoy your posts in the "post a random fact about yourself" thread. It seems like we have a fair bit of little random things, at least, in common.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.

300series
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 2:00 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
300series, I particularly enjoy your posts in the "post a random fact about yourself" thread. It seems like we have a fair bit of little random things, at least, in common.

Hi dragonsanddemons:

I also enjoy your posts in the Post a random fact about yourself thread. We definitely have some random things in common. I am sorry that you are struggling so much. I am also struggling too, and I am also used to being ignored. I also struggle with major depression too, and also perseverate on things. You can always contact me for anything. I am here for you. I will also visit The Haven more often & look for your posts.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 4:02 pm

300series wrote:
Hi dragonsanddemons:

I also enjoy your posts in the Post a random fact about yourself thread. We definitely have some random things in common. I am sorry that you are struggling so much. I am also struggling too, and I am also used to being ignored. I also struggle with major depression too, and also perseverate on things. You can always contact me for anything. I am here for you. I will also visit The Haven more often & look for your posts.

Thank you very much. I can be here for you as well. I'm not very good with comforting words, but I am good at giving hugs when need be, and am always willing to at least let you know that someone cares and wishes you well. My Internet connection can be unreliable sometimes, so if there's a delay in communication, that's probably why. I'm very loyal, I would never abandon anyone.

300series
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2017, 9:40 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
300series wrote:
Hi dragonsanddemons:

Thank you very much. I can be here for you as well. I'm not very good with comforting words, but I am good at giving hugs when need be, and am always willing to at least let you know that someone cares and wishes you well. My Internet connection can be unreliable sometimes, so if there's a delay in communication, that's probably why. I'm very loyal, I would never abandon anyone.

You are welcome. Thank you very much for being here for me as well. I will give you a hug too. I like to give people comforting words. I care about you too & want to wish you well. I am also very loyal. I would never abandon any one either. If you ever need anything, then just let me know. You can confide in me & tell me anything.

Big hugs.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 4:21 am

dragonsanddemons wrote:
Hello, I seem to be unpopular on WP as well. I wouldn't mind too much - I'm plenty used to being ignored - except that I keep trying to ask for help with my depression and self-harm in The Haven, and I've had to flat-out say something about how I could really use some help multiple times to get any replies, which only makes me feel worse. I probably seem to complain a lot, but that's because this is really the only place I can, and I know I also tend to perseverate on things. It feels like only maybe two people care at all that I'm really struggling.

As for in person, I have what I call social invisibility. That is, it seems people see me (enough not to run into me or anything, at least), but they don't mentally acknowledge my presence. If I'm lucky, I may get a passing greeting, but that's it - immediately afterward, it's as if I don't exist. If I try to join a conversation, often people will just wait until I'm done and then go back to talking as if I hadn't said anything (if I'm lucky - most of the rest of the time, they talk over me before I'm even finished, and my voice isn't loud enough to be heard over them). People will even have very personal, private conversations with their very close friends when I'm right next to them, as if they forget that I'm there (many people in high school and college were lucky that I'd never even consider gossiping, even if I had anyone to tell things to - which I didn't).

Did I reply in Haven? I do try to reply to topics there if I possibly can and have anything I can contribute, unlike the other forums where I may or may not reply to things, just for that reason - though it's foreign a concept to me, I understand that it damages other people if no one replies or seems to ignore them, and it benefits those people to get some sort of reply or acknowledgement. The ethical response seems clear.
Your social invisibility seems awesome! I think I would appreciate that. I kind of tend to stick out - people meet me once, then remember me months later even when they deal with hundreds of people during that time. I seem to have my privacy constantly encroached on, because everyone has this consuming desire to know what I'm doing and butt into my business. Being a bit more invisible would be welcome, so maybe I'd be left alone.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 8:50 am

C2V wrote:
dragonsanddemons wrote:
Did I reply in Haven? I do try to reply to topics there if I possibly can and have anything I can contribute, unlike the other forums where I may or may not reply to things, just for that reason - though it's foreign a concept to me, I understand that it damages other people if no one replies or seems to ignore them, and it benefits those people to get some sort of reply or acknowledgement. The ethical response seems clear.
Your social invisibility seems awesome! I think I would appreciate that. I kind of tend to stick out - people meet me once, then remember me months later even when they deal with hundreds of people during that time. I seem to have my privacy constantly encroached on, because everyone has this consuming desire to know what I'm doing and butt into my business. Being a bit more invisible would be welcome, so maybe I'd be left alone.

You replied to my self-harm thread, yes. It's very helpful for me to at least know that people care even if they don't have any advice to give or anything.

In junior high and high school, I really struggled with feeling lonely and left out because of my social invisibility, but now I'm mostly okay with it, and probably a lot happier this way since I'm no longer used to interacting in person with anyone outside immediate family. Sometimes, though, it still hurts a bit when people don't even acknowledge my existence. But on the other hand, I'm easily overwhelmed by too much social interaction and don't really like people prying into my life. I guess somewhere in between might be best, at least for me.

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 6:09 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:

I can relate to social invisibility, my high school was pretty much that, sometimes people forgot I was even in the classroom! I ask for advice and get nothing that really helps. In dungeons n dragons I'm master ninja because I can assassinate someone in public and people will still not notice me! :lol:

Want to be friends DnD. I never had a chance to play D&D, what was your experience like?(Well I did play a game similar with my brother but all he really likes to do is create characters and fight, which to me gets stale really fast. I like exploring, story, and character development.)

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference."

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 6:21 pm

AquaineBay wrote:
dragonsanddemons wrote:

I can relate to social invisibility, my high school was pretty much that, sometimes people forgot I was even in the classroom! I ask for advice and get nothing that really helps. In dungeons n dragons I'm master ninja because I can assassinate someone in public and people will still not notice me! :lol:

Want to be friends DnD. I never had a chance to play D&D, what was your experience like?(Well I did play a game similar with my brother but all he really likes to do is create characters and fight, which to me gets stale really fast. I like exploring, story, and character development.)

Sure, I'll be your friend :) I haven't played Dungeons and Dragons or anything similar, but I think I'd enjoy it. I love to role-play and come up with stories on my own, and I think it would be more fun if I had someone to do it with. My brother helped me create a character for Pathfinder a few months ago, but we didn't end up actually playing before he went back to college, two hours away. My username is just what my two main obsessions were at the time I joined - it's a coincidence that it also happens to be D&D.

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 7:29 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
AquaineBay wrote:
dragonsanddemons wrote:

Sure, I'll be your friend :) I haven't played Dungeons and Dragons or anything similar, but I think I'd enjoy it. I love to role-play and come up with stories on my own, and I think it would be more fun if I had someone to do it with. My brother helped me create a character for Pathfinder a few months ago, but we didn't end up actually playing before he went back to college, two hours away. My username is just what my two main obsessions were at the time I joined - it's a coincidence that it also happens to be D&D.

I like making stories for my characters too. My avatar for this site is actually one of my characters. He is the prince of Atlantis :roll: on my brothers world(I hate that he changed the name from Oceania to Atlantis, Atlantis is so cliche! Oceania might be too but Atlantis is everywhere! Though I think his entire world is full of cliche's, which makes it very boring, and most of the things in it don't make sense.) He is also the co-leader of a base called Twilight Hearts.

Anyway, what's the name of the character that you made in Pathfinder?

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 7:43 pm

AquaineBay wrote:
I like making stories for my characters too. My avatar for this site is actually one of my characters. He is the prince of Atlantis :roll: on my brothers world(I hate that he changed the name from Oceania to Atlantis, Atlantis is so cliche! Oceania might be too but Atlantis is everywhere! Though I think his entire world is full of cliche's, which makes it very boring, and most of the things in it don't make sense.) He is also the co-leader of a base called Twilight Hearts.

If I came up with a name, I don't remember it - I always have trouble thinking of names. She's a half-elf sorcerer with dragon blood, and will get dragon-related powers later, I think. I don't remember what other details I decided on - it should be recorded on an app my brother has (or maybe it's a Web site, I don't know - he just handed me his phone and told me how to do it), though, so I won't have to do it again.

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 10:14 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
AquaineBay wrote:

If I came up with a name, I don't remember it - I always have trouble thinking of names. She's a half-elf sorcerer with dragon blood, and will get dragon-related powers later, I think. I don't remember what other details I decided on - it should be recorded on an app my brother has (or maybe it's a Web site, I don't know - he just handed me his phone and told me how to do it), though, so I won't have to do it again.

I had a feeling the character was going to be a dragon, dragon-human, or have dragon blood inside of them! Any particular type(s) of story you like to make for your characters.(Thriller, exciting, comedic.)

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 11:21 pm

AquaineBay wrote:
dragonsanddemons wrote:
AquaineBay wrote:

I had a feeling the character was going to be a dragon, dragon-human, or have dragon blood inside of them! Any particular type(s) of story you like to make for your characters.(Thriller, exciting, comedic.)

I don't think you can actually be a dragon in Pathfinder. If you're a sorcerer, you choose a lineage that affects your abilities and things, and I think choosing the dragon one is the only way to have any sort of dragon heritage or dragon abilities. But I'm hardly an expert, I might be wrong.

I mostly write fantasy/supernatural, sometimes verging into light-ish horror or sci-fi. I'm really not very good at it, though. I'm pretty good at coming up with ideas but horrible at putting them into words and turning them into interesting stories. I also like just testing out scenarios with my characters in my head. I have three stories I switch between right now, that eventually merge a bit.