Page 349 of 401 [ 6410 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 346, 347, 348, 349, 350, 351, 352 ... 401  Next

FreakyZettairyouiki
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Jan 2017, 11:58 pm

Aspinator wrote:
I do feel there is a definite age bias. It seems that a lot of posters are much younger. There are quite a few of us "dinosaur" people that still read and post on this site.

I feel like its the opposite. Also I wonder if people even notice me

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2017, 12:37 am

FreakyZettairyouiki wrote:
Aspinator wrote:
I do feel there is a definite age bias. It seems that a lot of posters are much younger. There are quite a few of us "dinosaur" people that still read and post on this site.

Yes, you have been noticed!

FreakyZettairyouiki
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Jan 2017, 5:01 pm

kazanscube wrote:
Aspinator wrote:

This makes me so happy :P

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2017, 10:48 pm

kazanscube wrote:
Aspinator wrote:

This makes me so happy :P

Your welcome.. :hail: :salut: :salut:

Gazelle
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2017, 9:50 pm

Hi everyone good evening & happy Tuesday. 8)

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2017, 1:34 am

15 March, 15 July, 17 July and 11 August, 2012.

The happiest days of my life. ):

i'm with someone far better for me, now, but i have not been able to relive the feeling....

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2017, 6:42 pm

For all unpopular members of wrongplanet whether you've been ignored or lost in the shuffle you have not been forgotten nor will be by my own sincere being.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2017, 5:01 am

If my political opinions haven't made me unpopular, I don't know what will.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2017, 10:47 am

Definitely unpopular these days - haven't been posting in months and I doubt anyone noticed.
That's ok though - I know I can't quite get this "community" thing, it happens in the real world too. I have been going to a certain group for over a year, and people who have only been going a few weeks are already more integrated than I am. I'm definitely missing something - I think it has to do with the alexithymic lack of social emotions - affection, attachment, belonging, etc.

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 2:57 am

I didn't really know people were popular/unpopular here. I thought people mostly were ignored on forums in general anyway. I think if this forum had a like function it would make others feel a lot less ignored. Probably why the psyche central forums are used more.

Awiddershinlife
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Feb 2017, 1:25 pm

I find that those (autistics) who are so often excluded from cliques ITRW, are uber-cliquish in these forums.

They clique around any number of 'seed crystals': narrow interests, gender, age, political view, education, etc. I am pleased that autic-cliquers have found happiness, but they subtly exclude others by selectively responding to those in their clique....leaving those of us for whom cliques trigger claustrophobia few to have conversations with.

I feel like I am only talking to myself, and I don't need a forum to do that.

That's one theory for feeling unpopular: you are in a clique of one.

Awiddershinlife
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Feb 2017, 1:43 pm

C2V wrote:
Definitely unpopular these days - haven't been posting in months and I doubt anyone noticed.
That's ok though - I know I can't quite get this "community" thing, it happens in the real world too. I have been going to a certain group for over a year, and people who have only been going a few weeks are already more integrated than I am. I'm definitely missing something - I think it has to do with the alexithymic lack of social emotions - affection, attachment, belonging, etc.

You can see how long I've been here - but always talking to myself.

I don't believe the lies the "experts" put on autistics (what you call alexithymic characteristics), but I use their beliefs to better understand how neurotypicals perceive us anthropologically - to navigate the world they control (i.e. TRW) with enough success to bring home a paycheck.

Like you, I expected more social connections on these autism forums, but they were all the same. I don't know if the others have even survived over time.

I have embraced my solitude.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 2:53 am

Quote:
I don't believe the lies the "experts" put on autistics (what you call alexithymic characteristics), but I use their beliefs to better understand how neurotypicals perceive us anthropologically - to navigate the world they control (i.e. TRW) with enough success to bring home a paycheck.

Like you, I expected more social connections on these autism forums, but they were all the same. I don't know if the others have even survived over time.

I don't necessarily believe these things are "lies" invented by peoples neurotypical or otherwise - alexithymic is just a word, to describe someone who perceives and behaves as I do. Like the word / classification "autistic" itself in some ways. Just a symbol to better understand or describe one's experience.
I'm not sure I expect more social connections per se, or had many expectations at all - I guess I just observe that I am removed from social interaction much online (as I only post here, am not on social media, so can't really judge social connections on those platforms) coupled with observing the swift integration of comparatively new attendees in the group I attend in the real world, as opposed to my own separation, even though I have been there much longer.
I certainly don't mind solitude - I'm one of those people who needs it in fact, but at times I wonder if I'm missing something, being unable to form attachments, connections, etc.
You've certainly been here a while - have you been taking breaks from posting every so often though? I ended up not posting here for months - not because of any particular reason, just lost interest for a while, or got out of the way of it.
But hey, here we are, responding to each other rather than talking to ourselves. :wink:

Awiddershinlife
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Feb 2017, 8:51 pm

C2V wrote:
Quote:

I don't necessarily believe these things are "lies" invented by peoples neurotypical or otherwise - alexithymic is just a word, to describe someone who perceives and behaves as I do. Like the word / classification "autistic" itself in some ways. Just a symbol to better understand or describe one's experience.

I certainly don't mind solitude - I'm one of those people who needs it in fact, but at times I wonder if I'm missing something, being unable to form attachments, connections, etc.
You've certainly been here a while - have you been taking breaks from posting every so often though? .
But hey, here we are, responding to each other rather than talking to ourselves. :wink:

I have an aversion to how shrinks describe me. Their whole purpose is to identify pathology. It breeds negativity and I believe it is untruth.

I have more recently bought into the Myers-Briggs approach. They are scorned by the APA for not being scientists (they were housewives). But most women were at that time, even the brilliant ones. I would be an INTP in their system.

Its a subtle difference in presentation between describing and pathologizing, but offensive to me - just who I am. There is also a lot of info for each personality for those who are interested in introspection.

I also thought I must be missing something, but I have a rich professional life working in a "helping profession" and I finally realized that while I love everybody, I don't really like anybody. I do get lonely sometimes, but a forum like this is enough these days.

Right back at you, C2V

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2017, 5:36 am

Quote:
I have an aversion to how shrinks describe me. Their whole purpose is to identify pathology. It breeds negativity and I believe it is untruth.

I have more recently bought into the Myers-Briggs approach. They are scorned by the APA for not being scientists (they were housewives). But most women were at that time, even the brilliant ones. I would be an INTP in their system.

Its a subtle difference in presentation between describing and pathologizing, but offensive to me - just who I am. There is also a lot of info for each personality for those who are interested in introspection.

That makes sense. I too have disagreements with the pathologizing of difference - I don't believe Gender Identity Disorder is a mental disorder at all, for example, as it is cured by physical means. So I can understand the aversion to being told you are sick, when you consider it just who you are.
It's interesting about the psychological profession though - I have a knack, of sorts, for being unclassifiable. Which means psychometric testing doesn't work with me - they have to date decided what I wanted them to decide, several times, often in completely contradictory directions. It does not inspire much respect for the profession, and thus I don't take their views seriously enough to be offended by them so long as they are not in my way. People can believe what they wish.

Awiddershinlife
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Feb 2017, 10:21 pm

Quote:
I don't believe Gender Identity Disorder is a mental disorder at all, for example, as it is cured by physical means.

Good point!

Quote:
It's interesting about the psychological profession though - I have a knack, of sorts, for being unclassifiable. Which means psychometric testing doesn't work with me - they have to date decided what I wanted them to decide, several times, often in completely contradictory directions. It does not inspire much respect for the profession, and thus I don't take their views seriously enough to be offended by them so long as they are not in my way. People can believe what they wish.

It is just a behavioral description, and in a sense, not "real". I think especially with autism, there doesn't seem to be any physical evidence uniting the population. Research has also confounded it by adding genetic presentations like fragile x to the mix.

I don't follow the research like I used to so they may be newer information than I am aware of.