Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Deccajay
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2006, 8:17 pm

I am left handed and the cordination in my right hand is very stiff and limeted, at frist i though that everyone was like that, there non- dominant hand being draticly weaker. but i resently realized that isnt so. does anyone else notice this?

*It makes it hard for me to finger pick guitar, since I first learned, and still play, right handed*

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2006, 8:32 pm

Both of my hands shake, but my left hand shakes significantly more than my right.

Litigious
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2006, 4:22 am

When I was examined before military service (which I then never went to anyway) my arms and legs were on the upper scale of strength, but my hands were weaker then average. My hands almost always shake a little bit. The shaking is sometimes very significant in the ring finger or long finger on my right hand. I'm more right handed then left handed, but for some reason I think I was born left handed. I can use my left hand almost as good as my right hand for most things except for writing, despite the fact that both hands are weak. I have small hands, almost like a woman or a child. But my NT brother also has small hands, but his are very strong.

'Tis munny in my purse.

sociable_hermit
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2006, 4:38 am

I have strong arms and hands, and my hands are also fairly big (though not disproportionately so), but they shake really badly most of the time. I find it very difficult to use paints or glue, and keeping my handwriting neat is physically painful.

I am right handed but prefer to hold a guitar left-handed. Not that I can play, but if I did....

I always assumed the shakiness was some sort of nerve damage from the hyper- and hypo-glycaemia caused by my diabetes. But maybe it's an AS trait? I am also generally more nervy that I used to be - everyday sounds which I used to ignore make me jump now.

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2006, 6:28 am

My hands are fairly strong, but boy they are clumsy. Especially with handwriting

Litigious
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2006, 6:33 am

sociable_hermit wrote:

I always assumed the shakiness was some sort of nerve damage from the hyper- and hypo-glycaemia caused by my diabetes. But maybe it's an AS trait? I am also generally more nervy that I used to be - everyday sounds which I used to ignore make me jump now.

I'm pretty sure it's an aspie trait with shaky hands. Yesterday I drank some single malt and took some valium (yes, I know I shouldn't) and today my hands are almost not shaky at all. Strong doses of B-vitamins and some antidepressants can also make the shaking stop or diminish.

'Tis munny in my purse.

Scintillate
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2006, 7:20 am

I'm dopey with body co-ordination, in terms of walking I'm very clumsy, my forearms and hands are my strongest feature definately, though maybe the 7 years of guitar strengthened them up.

Lupine_Ragdoll
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Oct 2006, 7:21 am

My hands do tend to shake, and my right hand is very weak compared to my left hand (I'm left-handed). I can't move my right hand fingers nearly as fast as my left hand fingers, and my left hand is generally a lot stronger than my right.

Help revive ReBoot!