Say something positive about a random WP member

Page 71 of 96 [ 1526 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 96  Next

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2017, 12:31 am

Esmerelda Weatherwax wrote:
edit in: Komamanga has an adorable avatar :-)

Thank you!!

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2017, 12:35 am

Why is this topic such a clique? Just the same people complimenting each other over and over?
Surely there are other noteworthy folk on WP who could do with some complimenting.
For instance I applaud everyone in this topic ---> viewtopic.php?t=356752 for being so sane and not letting things degenerate into a squabble. :)
They can all discuss things articulately and equitably, at some points in there with others of different views, even if they may believe strongly in the topic.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2017, 8:07 am

Hi C2V

I don't think it's a clique in the usual sense - what I think is that if folks who don't read the thread receive a shout out here, they have no way of knowing unless someone PMs them to let them know. So it's only the regular readers who do see and respond.

I'm not a regular reader, altho I sample it now and then mostly to smile at the kind exchanges and shake my head at how damn human, in good ways, we all really are, and how little the non-ASD world seems to know of that. I was surprised and :oops: :oops: pleased :oops: :oops: to find myself here, and responded ASAP because thanks and courtesy :-) and you give good stuff when you get good stuff :-)

Don't know if this helps - it's how I see it, YMMV.

And while we're being positive, I really like your username. I studied group theory in grad school chem (an extremely truncated version, mostly forgotten now). Have wanted to tell you for awhile :-) and this seems like the place to do it.

Esme

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2017, 6:47 pm

C2V wrote:
Why is this topic such a clique? Just the same people complimenting each other over and over?
Surely there are other noteworthy folk on WP who could do with some complimenting.
For instance I applaud everyone in this topic ---> https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=356752 for being so sane and not letting things degenerate into a squabble. :)
They can all discuss things articulately and equitably, at some points in there with others of different views, even if they may believe strongly in the topic.

Well, a factor is that the people who post in this thread are more likely to be the ones who post frequently in Random Discussion, and may not know the people who only post in other parts of the board as well. And I do try to compliment other users who aren't my close friends.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2017, 9:38 pm

MariatheFictionkin is really sweet and always has cute avatars

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2017, 5:50 pm

TheSilentOne has been human since day 1..

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2017, 5:53 pm

SBO_ReachOut2Me is my best friend and I'm glad he's going to post again.

Edna3362 and MariaTheFictionkin are very interesting people.

Esmerelda Weatherwax is nice and intelligent.

Raleigh is philosophical and good at communicating with very different kinds of people.

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2017, 5:57 pm

The Lithuanian is a good friend

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2017, 9:48 pm

:-) TheAP is very quick-witted and funny, posts gorgeous pix on the kitties&C thread *and* has the perkiest avatar I've seen here

Kuraudo is an intriguing world-builder; I really want to read her books and walk through her imagined universe

nick007 cares so much for his girlfriend and their pets that it shines through his posts like hearthlight.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 10:41 am

^Thank you kindly!

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 11:04 am

Esmerelda is interesting,despite not knowing much about her as,I've been away from wrongplanet for an extended period of time

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 11:05 am

:-) TheAP is very quick-witted and funny, posts gorgeous pix on the kitties&C thread *and* has the perkiest avatar I've seen here

Thank you! :D

ASS-P is good-hearted and very strong to keep going despite all his troubles.

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 11:31 am

TheAP was/is/always will be human & sincere

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 1:09 pm

kazanscube wrote:
Esmerelda is interesting,despite not knowing much about her as,I've been away from wrongplanet for an extended period of time

Thank you! :-)

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 5:10 pm

kazanscube wrote:

Thank you! :-)

Your welcome Esmererlda

All people here on WrongPlanet are interesting

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2017, 8:53 pm

Brother Kazan is a member of Wrong Planet whose strong will is an inspiration to others who seek something similar.