How many of you are on OKcupid?

Page 38 of 38 [ 607 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 12:14 am

wtfid2 wrote:
how long do you guys usually talk to girls before asking them to hang out....with some girls i wait too long and they become disinterested..then i as others immediately and they call me a creep lol.

In the end it doesn't matter bc any first dates ive had , ive never gotten a second lol.

Get a decent conversation or two, get their number and ask for a date. Sounds tough but keep trying, that's why building an emotional connection is better than a physical one but online dating is so based on physical attraction that it makes it more difficult to build a connection based on personality.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 2:22 am

Wolfheart wrote:
wtfid2 wrote:
how long do you guys usually talk to girls before asking them to hang out....with some girls i wait too long and they become disinterested..then i as others immediately and they call me a creep lol.

In the end it doesn't matter bc any first dates ive had , ive never gotten a second lol.

Get a decent conversation or two, get their number and ask for a date. Sounds tough but keep trying, that's why building an emotional connection is better than a physical one but online dating is so based on physical attraction that it makes it more difficult to build a connection based on personality.

I agree with "decent conversation or two". If I chat for too long with a guy, I'll lose interest, but I don't want him to ask me out when all we have discussed is what we do for work and fun and not really gotten to the point where I can judge the person by the way they "talk", if that makes sense.

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 3:09 am

some girls give me their number the first night which is a turn off lol..kinda desperate...these other two girls that are decent looking and seem cool ive been talking to for a few days. They are jewish as am i so have been a little busy. I had to lie and say i celebrated the holiday(im jewish as well). To be honest I am not very religious unless it involves presents lol.

Your Aspie score: 101 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 111 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

ALguy1957
Raven
Raven

20 Sep 2012, 4:48 am

I'm on it but never met anyone on that site. Most women that view or even flirt me never respond to a message, or lose interest after a few messages. I had the best luck on POF (met 6 in person), met 2 on singlesnet, and one on DateHookup. DH seems pretty promising. It has good active forums including a disabiltiy forum. Already found a few aspie women in there. (but not local). I even had a few honest replies on Craigslist. But less than 1 out of 100 are real.

BanjoGirl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 7:02 am

Wow, OkCupid!!

I was there eight years ago.

It's a smart site.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2012, 3:08 pm

i've been on it for a year now