Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2012, 7:32 am

me, not working at all

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2012, 8:13 am

I was on it for a while with not much success.
It's turning into PoF:
where men wearing shirts in their pictures are almost as rare as apostrophes and people who don't use "LOL" as punctuation.

to his Interest."

J-snukk
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Feb 2012, 8:40 am

I'm on it, not much luck either, occassionally women message me and reply to messages (although not more of the time) but they all seem to lose interest after only like the second message. I can only assume someone better responded to them. It is kind of depressing to be honest.

"Kiss the hand of the arm you cannot break, while praying to God to break it for you" - Arabian Proverb

beers
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Feb 2012, 8:41 am

Seemed okay.
Met both of GF's on there including current one I live with.

Was kind of sad that most people simply only interested for sex hookups and treated you like a creeper if you did not conform to that goal.

I like the fact you can compare questions as a means for finding additional information to others' thought processes, really reveals a lot about someone, personally.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2012, 8:50 am

beers wrote:
Seemed okay.
Met both of GF's on there including current one I live with.

Was kind of sad that most people simply only interested for sex hookups and treated you like a creeper if you did not conform to that goal.

I like the fact you can compare questions as a means for finding additional information to others' thought processes, really reveals a lot about someone, personally.

Yeah, I'd read all the questions-
like that you can mark their importance, as opposed to some other dating sites.

to his Interest."

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2012, 9:02 am

I did have an account, but I recently deleted it because I felt that I couldn't be anybody's ideal partner. Most people on there are very specific about what they want, and I don't fit anybody's description.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Last edited by Tim_Tex on 02 Feb 2012, 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2012, 9:07 am

I started mine up again but no one in my area really gets my attention. I'm sure they are wonderful but most are too old fashion. I'm sure they're out there it just takes more work to find them.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2012, 9:35 am

I might make an account to see what all the fuss is about.

cinbad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Feb 2012, 9:43 am

I am on a ton of dating sites. Have been for many years. It's too much of a bother to take them all off. I don't answer anyone anyway. I might go on as a curiosity when I'm bored.

When I was seriously looking, I found craigslist to be much more prolific. I know people make it sound like the dumping ground of whatever, but if I am on there, why shouldn't the guy I was looking for be there. It is where I found my current bf. All it takes is one right guy to decide to answer. Just trying to sort through the hundreds of replies to find someone genuine and sweet.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2012, 9:59 am

Ditto on all it takes it one genuine guy. I met my now husband on Yahoo Personals about ten years ago( back then it was even free :) ). We're coming up on our seven year anniversary next month.

mv
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2012, 10:04 am

Hmmm, I answered a bunch of questions but still have not posted a profile or any pictures. They keep sending me "quiver matches" anyway and no one has really sparked my attention there. I think I'm too systematic in my approach, even for such a systematic thing!

These stories have inspired me somewhat, I may have to end my hiatus... :wink:

Oh, and cinbad, I know we live close to each other geographically, and I'm really surprised you found so much quality on Craigslist! All I found there were blatant cheaters or extremely creepy nutters, or both.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2012, 10:06 am

J-snukk wrote:
I'm on it, not much luck either, occassionally women message me and reply to messages (although not more of the time) but they all seem to lose interest after only like the second message. I can only assume someone better responded to them. It is kind of depressing to be honest.

Pretty much this except for the being messaged part.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2012, 10:09 am

i really liked OKCupid when i was on there. i had some moderate success with what i was looking for at the time, but it took work. i researched how to create a successful profile and tweaked it quite a lot. i was bluntly honest about what my personality is like. i sent out a lot of messages and got some good responses.

it was eye-opening and interesting to see who i matched with. i had a lot of male matches over 90%, but very few female matches at all. my best match was a French computer programmer who suspected he might be an aspie. he used to do social experiments by pretending to be female on various websites, just to see how women are treated differently. it was fun to talk to him.

cinbad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Feb 2012, 10:18 am

mv wrote:
Oh, and cinbad, I know we live close to each other geographically, and I'm really surprised you found so much quality on Craigslist! All I found there were blatant cheaters or extremely creepy nutters, or both.

There were usually one or two genuine possibilities out of one ad. I was very careful and always had at least one or two dates a week. I was going through a very traumatic time getting over what I went though with my ex. All those dates gave me some much needed confidence and a few very nice friends. Not to mention a relationship I wish I had been better prepared for. He really is an awesome man. I just have to get over my insecurities.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

02 Feb 2012, 11:45 am

I tried OKC for a couple years & I had no luck on it however I had no luck on any of the many dating sites I tried. A lot of the women who ere rated as high matches were very incompatible with me; lots mentioned in their pros how they loved to party &/or they kept going on about how they were Catholic; I'm a straight-edge Secular Humanist. Almost none of the women I messaged ever messaged me back; i got lots more messages from gay guys. I'm betting like most dating sites OKC had a much higher percentage of men to women.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition