Why haven't extraterrestrials made their presence known?

Page 12 of 14 [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Why haven't aliens made themselves known to us en masse?
They actually have but most people refuse to accept it 25%  25%  [ 20 ]
They think we are not ready for it 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
They think we are cruel/violent and don't deserve to know 9%  9%  [ 7 ]
They have a reason not to disclose that is unclear 6%  6%  [ 5 ]
Aliens have never visited Earth silly 56%  56%  [ 45 ]
Total votes : 81

nominalist
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

25 Oct 2012, 5:38 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
I guess Ill have to get the audobon field guide to learn the difference!

Whatever they turn out to be, they are fascinating phenomena.

naturalplastic wrote:
Instead of being piloted craft they may be somekind of exotic life form.

The issue is complex. However, this photograph was actually released by NASA in a YouTube video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7nK6DP2qzg[/youtube]

My speculation is that it is a flying saucer being charged by the sun's plasma.

naturalplastic wrote:
My own speculations: either they reside down in the earths own crust/mantle and live off of geothermal energy. And that siemic activity disturbs them and causes some to rise into the atmosphere through fissures and volcanoes and fly around.

That could be. Any or all of those possibilities might be correct. The universe, IMO, is teaming with life.

Institute for Dialectical metaRealism: http://dmr.institute

Iloveshoujoai
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Oct 2012, 9:40 pm

It's quite possible that a group of extraterrestrials has a space probe on the way right now. Our modern civilization began relatively recently (i.e. a time when this probes arrival would be photographed and announced around the world instead of completely misunderstood for something else), and it could take centuries for a probe to travel that distance.

mikecartwright
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Oct 2012, 10:04 pm

Government cover up.

nominalist
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

25 Oct 2012, 10:36 pm

mikecartwright wrote:
Government cover up.

I agree with a retired U.S. Army major. He said that political officials won't discuss it until they feel they can do so without panicking anyone.

Still, as I say in my book, the governmental issue is, IMO, irrelevant. I reject the militarization of flying saucers as “UFOs.” They are just ships of beings. Earthly governments have nothing to do with them.

Institute for Dialectical metaRealism: http://dmr.institute

blackelk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Oct 2012, 11:36 pm

The government can't even even cover up a 3rd rate burglary. It brought down an administration. There is no way they could cover up something the scale of 911 or aliens. If aliens wanted us to know they are here, they would be capable of it and there is nothing the government could do about it.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2012, 11:52 pm

Because were too busy posting on WP. :alien: :cyclopsani:

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

26 Oct 2012, 12:39 am

blackelk wrote:
donnie_darko wrote:
There are so many reports of people being abducted and contacted, as well as confessions from high places, that it seems like we are being visited, even though we don't have a spaceship or body to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Funny, isn't it? All these supposed sightings and not one shred of physical proof. How many people have seen bigfoot or ghosts? Or talk to God?

Number of UFO sightings that have turned out be hoaxes, misidentification, or other types of stupidity: thousands, perhaps millions

True.

Quote:

Number of UFO sightings that have turned out to be aliens: absolute zero.

That's really all that needs to be said on the subject.

False.

While no actual Aliens have ever been contacted or observed, there are a few very important cases of unidentified flying objects to which there is no mundane or terrestrial explanation yet these things most definitely WERE actual vehicles.

Sharokhi 1976

Belgium 1989(an object matching the description had been seen and photographed in 1968)

Illinois 2000(exactly like the object seen over belgium)

And also........There is the unsolved disappearance of Frederick Valentich over Shark Bay, Australia in 1978.

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2012, 8:02 am

It's because reality is a computer-generated dream world created by the aliens to keep us under control and use us as batteries. :lol:

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2012, 8:33 am

AspieRogue wrote:
Quote:

Number of UFO sightings that have turned out to be aliens: absolute zero.

That's really all that needs to be said on the subject.

False.

While no actual Aliens have ever been contacted or observed, there are a few very important cases of unidentified flying objects to which there is no mundane or terrestrial explanation yet these things most definitely WERE actual vehicles.

Sharokhi 1976

Belgium 1989(an object matching the description had been seen and photographed in 1968)

Illinois 2000(exactly like the object seen over belgium)

And also........There is the unsolved disappearance of Frederick Valentich over Shark Bay, Australia in 1978.

I think you're going to need to show us evidence that these incidents were of actual extra-terrestrial craft. I don't believe it. Also, some UFO's could simply be sightings of top secret military aircraft like the ones reported near area 51.

26 Oct 2012, 9:57 am

Jono wrote:

I think you're going to need to show us evidence that these incidents were of actual extra-terrestrial craft. I don't believe it. Also, some UFO's could simply be sightings of top secret military aircraft like the ones reported near area 51.

This is an official report about the one near Tehran in 1976

Now if this is indeed a top secret military craft, what is the evidence that said explanation is true?

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2012, 11:28 am

If you were an extraterrestrial species that had mastered interstellar travel, why would you bother making your presence known in this backwater of the galaxy?

26 Oct 2012, 1:49 pm

I will get back to you , Jono, about the Belgian UFO incidents that occurred in late '98 and January '90 when it comes to the documentation. The thing about that object is that it was not only seen by several thousand eyewitnesses, but it was detected by NATO radar stations and elicited a military response: 2 F-16s were scrambled to intercept this object. Not only did this thing have apparent stealth capability, but it traveled at supersonic speeds. Supersonic stealth technology did not exist back then! Yes there was already stealth, but all stealth aircraft at the time were exclusively subsonic.

blackelk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Oct 2012, 4:31 pm

AspieRogue wrote:
Jono wrote:

This is an official report about the one near Tehran in 1976

Now if this is indeed a top secret military craft, what is the evidence that said explanation is true?

Where is the evidence that it is aliens? That's the thing, every time something is unexplained you automatically say it is aliens. That is not proof. There is no proof of aliens. None.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 9:03 am

Jono wrote:

Area 51. Hangar 18. Cue up the Twilight Zone theme.

ruveyn

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 10:48 am

ruveyn wrote:
Jono wrote:

ruveyn

Area 51 exists, it just has nothing to do with aliens as the conspiracy theorists would have you believe. The USAF has admitted there is an air force base in the area:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_51

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 10:59 am

Jono wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Jono wrote:

ruveyn

Area 51 exists, it just has nothing to do with aliens as the conspiracy theorists would have you believe. The USAF has admitted there is an air force base in the area:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_51

So what?

ruveyn