Why haven't extraterrestrials made their presence known?

Page 13 of 14 [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Why haven't aliens made themselves known to us en masse?
They actually have but most people refuse to accept it 25%  25%  [ 20 ]
They think we are not ready for it 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
They think we are cruel/violent and don't deserve to know 9%  9%  [ 7 ]
They have a reason not to disclose that is unclear 6%  6%  [ 5 ]
Aliens have never visited Earth silly 56%  56%  [ 45 ]
Total votes : 81

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 10:59 am

Jono wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Jono wrote:

I think you're going to need to show us evidence that these incidents were of actual extra-terrestrial craft. I don't believe it. Also, some UFO's could simply be sightings of top secret military aircraft like the ones reported near area 51.

Area 51. Hangar 18. Cue up the Twilight Zone theme.

ruveyn

Area 51 exists, it just has nothing to do with aliens as the conspiracy theorists would have you believe. The USAF has admitted there is an air force base in the area:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_51

So what?

ruveyn

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 11:15 am

ruveyn wrote:
Jono wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Jono wrote:
I think you're going to need to show us evidence that these incidents were of actual extra-terrestrial craft. I don't believe it. Also, some UFO's could simply be sightings of top secret military aircraft like the ones reported near area 51.
Area 51. Hangar 18. Cue up the Twilight Zone theme. ruveyn
Area 51 exists, it just has nothing to do with aliens as the conspiracy theorists would have you believe. The USAF has admitted there is an air force base in the area: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_51
So what? ruveyn

Just because something exists, that does not mean that it's the cause.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 11:21 am

ruveyn wrote:
Jono wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Jono wrote:

Area 51. Hangar 18. Cue up the Twilight Zone theme.

ruveyn

Area 51 exists, it just has nothing to do with aliens as the conspiracy theorists would have you believe. The USAF has admitted there is an air force base in the area:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_51

So what?

ruveyn

Just pointing it out, in case a UFO conspiracy nut does does so first.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 11:22 am

Fnord wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Jono wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Jono wrote:
Area 51 exists, it just has nothing to do with aliens as the conspiracy theorists would have you believe. The USAF has admitted there is an air force base in the area: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_51
So what? ruveyn

The cause for what?

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 11:38 am

Fnord wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Jono wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Jono wrote:
So what? ruveyn

It may not be the cause every unusual sighting in the area. However, it is known that the USAF use that site for highly classified research and the testing of prototypes of new military aircraft, making it possible that people might spot unusual aircraft in and around the area.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2012, 8:39 pm

Jono wrote:
Fnord wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Jono wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Jono wrote:
So what? ruveyn
The cause for what?

Anything.

Just because Area 51 exists, that does not mean that it is the cause of UFO sightings.

There are other "Areas".

DUN-dun-DUNNNN!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

29 Oct 2012, 12:22 am

Jono wrote:
Fnord wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Jono wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Jono wrote:
So what? ruveyn

It may not be the cause every unusual sighting in the area. However, it is known that the USAF use that site for highly classified research and the testing of prototypes of new military aircraft, making it possible that people might spot unusual aircraft in and around the area.

Well Jono, the 1976 UFO incident whose report I linked to happened 1000s of miles away from Area 51 or ANY know Military installation used for testing experimental aircraft! It used electronic warfare technology that was far more advanced than anything know to exist at the time. I seriously doubt there were actualy aliens on board it that thing though. If it was indeed extraterrestrial, a possibility which has NOT yet been ruled out, then it was most likely a robotic probe. The Belgian object seems so obviously a robot vehicle as some of its maneuvers were so extreme that the g forces would be fatal to a human pilot.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2012, 2:13 am

Fnord wrote:
Jono wrote:
Fnord wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Jono wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Jono wrote:
So what? ruveyn
The cause for what?

Anything.

Just because Area 51 exists, that does not mean that it is the cause of UFO sightings.

There are other "Areas".

DUN-dun-DUNNNN!

I think you're asking me to back up claims that I never made.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2012, 2:15 am

AspieRogue wrote:
Jono wrote:
Fnord wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Jono wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Jono wrote:
So what? ruveyn

Well Jono, the 1976 UFO incident whose report I linked to happened 1000s of miles away from Area 51 or ANY know Military installation used for testing experimental aircraft! It used electronic warfare technology that was far more advanced than anything know to exist at the time. I seriously doubt there were actualy aliens on board it that thing though. If it was indeed extraterrestrial, a possibility which has NOT yet been ruled out, then it was most likely a robotic probe. The Belgian object seems so obviously a robot vehicle as some of its maneuvers were so extreme that the g forces would be fatal to a human pilot.

I wasn't talking about the incident you linked to, although that could have other explanations.

nominalist
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

31 Oct 2012, 12:34 am

IMO, all of that UFO business is nonsense. As I say in the book:

Quote:
Spiritually, I reject the militarization of angels as UFOs. They are souls. Earthly governments have nothing to do with them.

Unific Evolution

The most powerful and intelligent of the "transterrestrial" beings may, speculatively, be the extradimensional, shapeshifting orbs.

Institute for Dialectical metaRealism: http://dmr.institute

31 Oct 2012, 2:09 am

Jono wrote:

I wasn't talking about the incident you linked to, although that could have other explanations.

What matters(at least to me) is not what it could have possibly been but what it actually was. There's an assumption that the extraterrestrial hypothesis is false and what I find noteworthy about that incident is that the most hardened skeptics have had to admit that they cannot explain it.

blunnet
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2012, 4:20 pm

shrox wrote:
No one believes me...

I do.

Humans are primitive
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Oct 2017, 3:27 am

I can tell you why.

We don't openly show ourselves to you because we're scared of you. You are constantly warring amongst yourselves over inconsequential matters like race or religion, so imagine what would happen if we decided to drop down in our crafts, say, in front of the White House. Many of you would instantly assume that we were hostile and attempt to kill us, and while we have advanced technology, we'd prefer not to kill you. If only you felt the same way.

In short, your species is not ready yet.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Faeona :alien:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 10:10 am

Many a truth is spoken in jest.

Who knows? That might have sumpin to do with it.

We cant even get along with our own species. So why would ...they...expect us to get along with them?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 1:57 pm

But I thought Autistics are aliens left behind on the "wrong planet" :D

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman