Page 7 of 7 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2012, 5:21 am

I think my cat's breath smells bad but he's just a kitten. I don't think he could have periodontitis yet. I guess it's not that bad. It just smells like stinky cat food.

He also has terrible stinky farts, enough to gag you and make you leave the room sometimes.

I can't change his food yet because it took us a while to find something he could eat that didn't give him diarrhea. He won't touch dry food at all and eats "Chicken Soup for the Kitten Lover's Soul- Kitten Formula" canned food.

I don't really know how old he is but I had him 7 weeks now. I got him too young from outside and have no way to know his exact age.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2012, 9:03 pm

^^^
ah yes, that reminds me of my cats. when i was young, we had a garden outside of our kitchen, visible from the window, and my late mother would stand at the kitchen preparing dinner when now and then she would be grossed-out at the sight of the cat dumping in the garden.

Alien_Papa
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2012, 11:07 pm

hanyo wrote:
I think my cat's breath smells bad but he's just a kitten. I don't think he could have periodontitis yet. I guess it's not that bad. It just smells like stinky cat food.

He also has terrible stinky farts, enough to gag you and make you leave the room sometimes.

I just adopted two kittens. The shelter was feeding them some foul-smelling "fancy feast" food and their poo stank. Garbage in - garbage out, Because they were so young we found some "milk replacement" formula that they loved, And then "weaning formula" that's still like a dessert for them - must be the high fat content. And now they have Kitten Chow. I still don't like the smell of it and the smell of what comes out in the end isn't great either. I ordered some vegan kitten food supplements, but you have to cook the kibble yourself and I haven't gotten around to trying it.

When I switched to a vegetarian diet about 20 years ago my own farts were pretty bad for a while, but my body and personal ecosystem adjusted and now they are benign (PM me if you want to verify in person .... )