Social site/Dating Site/ Friend Site. a new one?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

xCarlax
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Feb 2012, 8:51 pm

was looking up sites and came across this - http://aspiemingle.com/ , very new as off end last yr and start of this year as i can see, supposedly, there is alot more work yet to be done to the site.

i found the link at the bottom through this site - http://www.aspiesforfreedom.com/showthread.php?tid=9533

atm, it isnt very used but it looks there are said plans if it goes far enough tho, that there will be more options for networking designed for friends and another designed for dating.

just thought id put a little post up as i saw alot of people wer having trouble finding places to online date with other aspies, well, this could be another avenue, but probably, only if it gets noticed and used.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

03 Feb 2012, 11:09 pm

[Moved from General Autism Discussion to Love and Dating]

mrmitchmitchell
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Feb 2012, 10:05 am

Hi! AspieMingle is actually my site. I noticed visitors from here and then found this thread.
Thanks for posting about it!

I made the site because my teenage son has Aspergers and I thought it could be a network that could grow with him.
I made it to have a social network for all ages to make friends and interact, and a section in the profile for dating so adults can interact that way as well. I am a software engineer and a web developer, so I have the resources to keep the site free, and it will always be so.

The hard part about a site like this is getting people to use it. but somebody has to be first right?
I mainly wanted to post on here so that people know it's a real site, with good intentions.
I want to give my son all the resources I can to be happy, and why not pass that on to others too?
Please let me know what else I can add to the site that you would like to have. I am currently working on location based searching for the dating section.

Mitch

xCarlax
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Mar 2012, 7:24 pm

Hi Mitch,
I have joined your site, and i hope it really goes quite well : )

minervx
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2012, 8:33 pm

i generally stay away from rogue dating websites (and yes, i admit it is a vicious cycle as by not joining, it will always be one.

dating sites with only a couple thousand people have a big flaw. if you don't live in a metropolitan area, there may be only two people of the opposite sex within 45 minutes of you. better hope that they are your age and share your interests.

another problem with many dating websites is the men to women ratio, especially with a group of people that has far more men diagnosed than women.

i suggest to the creator to primarily target women to make sure the ratio is even.

mrmitchmitchell
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Mar 2012, 9:43 am

Thanks xCarlax!

And minervx, I completely get the logic. I tried to give the site more of a social network feel, to avoid the rogue dating site persona. Hopefully people will use it for that!

MaxShock
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Mar 2012, 5:59 pm

This looks interesting. I may join in the future after become it's appropriate age, which would be in five months ^_^.\

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2012, 6:43 pm

Just going to say that I am not at all happy about being forced to use my real name. Can you sort this out immediately please?