Odd things that you make you feel irrationally angry?

Page 7 of 10 [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 9:09 am

I was terrified of the toilet flushing when I was a child! I had to run as fast as I could out of the bathroom after flushing. I got over it at some point and it doesn't bother me at all now, but it was very frightening to me as a kid.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 9:19 am

At this present?
Being reminded of several things I already DID knew I'm supposed to do. More so if it's something I don't like doing.
Especially when it comes to routine stuffs of hygiene, medicines, chores, bringing necessities like umbrellas, things I 'have' to like going to a shade because it's too hot or it rains, and very especially about bringing a hanky or a towel anywhere I go.

Personal talks about money and business. I don't like it.

Just people who ought they thought who I'm, what I feel, what I think, are looking for things that aren't there, and seriously dead wrong or unfunnily accusing. :skull:

And, maybe always will be -- Sneezing for more than 4-5 times in a row.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 9:53 am

Something recent for me is that I have some people in my life who are practically complete strangers, but when they run into me they are giving me unsolicited advice about a new enterprise in my life. I now bitterly regret ever sharing news of this project with them.

I shared the news as strictly on the basis of "This is something new and exciting I'm doing lately and it's going well and I'm happy and excited, check it out if you like!"

That was the spirit in which I told these people about this thing I'm doing.

Now. . . .EVERY time they see me, they ask how it's going.

Okay, you might be thinking what's wrong with that? Just a polite question.

But one person makes it seem like if my answer does not contain news of actual progress, then I'm failing. Realistically there is NOT going to be a stunning amount of progress every few days, but this is the frequency with which this person asks, and I'm hating it.

The other person asks how it's going and even when I say, with happy smile and lots of enthusiasm that it's actually going great, this person starts handing out tips and advice as if it's all going in the toilet! Seriously, she stands there telling me what I need to do.

I never. Even. Asked.

I never even said anything like oooh it's not going well, complain complain worry worry.

Yet she hands out completely unasked for advice, even though this particular thing is the one area of my life that IS going just fine and I'm not seeking help.

It's getting on my LAAAAST NERRRRRRVE.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 2:33 pm

BirdInFlight wrote:
I was terrified of the toilet flushing when I was a child! I had to run as fast as I could out of the bathroom after flushing. I got over it at some point and it doesn't bother me at all now, but it was very frightening to me as a kid.

Some hand dryers in bathrooms make so much noise they give me a headache and I can't relax. At home depot there are two dryers in the bathroom.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2017, 2:59 pm

the sounds people make while eating

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 2:28 pm

komamanga wrote:
the sounds people make while eating

Numerous times, someone had the nerve to remark on how "ew! You wiped your mouth on your sleeve!", Or "you bit the sticker off the apple!".

Yeah I did not do a running commentary about her/ their eating patterns.

IWant2Believe
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Oct 2017, 3:59 pm

People "checking on me" and pretending that they're just being nice (being worried about me doesn't make us friends. My real friends don't go around checking on me like I'm a child.) Or when I'm trying to be friendly and someone responds sarcastically friendly like, "oh heyyy! GREAT to see you I'm having a crap day how are YOU!?". And popping clicking and tapping/snapping noises, especially made by people's mouths. Certain "baby voice" imitations, and when people say "it was just a joke." When they were obviously teasing me and they knew it would upset me but acting like it's my fault for reacting the way they KNEW I would. :evil: :x :evil:

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 7:48 pm

People making tiny grammatical mistakes.

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 7:58 pm

I tend to get pissed off whenever I use the vacuum cleaner.
It sucks, haha.

Dataunit
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Nov 2017, 8:49 pm

People leaving the dishcloth in the sink instead of taking it out to let it dry.

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?
- Epicurus

starcats
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2017, 9:23 pm

People talking on speaker phones.
People putting air fresheners in closed rooms that I have to be in.
People changing plans at the last minute.

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2017, 10:13 pm

When I get this weird feeling inside my head, which I can’t do anything about except wait a few minutes for it to pass.

People asking if I am ok.

Being ‘caught’ listening to music.

People wishing me a happy birthday.

Floundering
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Nov 2017, 10:15 pm

State sanctioned murder of people with Autism, dunno why but it just makes me so irrationally angry.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2017, 11:48 pm

When someone has the nerve to comment on my intelligence, appearance, morality, or character

Good or bad

Just. Do. Not. Do. It

Is that so difficult :?:

Homophobia

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 2:12 am

My mother.
She's an odd thing alright.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 10:05 am

Some silly ones -
- I like watching art journal flipthroughs on YouTube, but start getting really annoyed when everyone, every page, draws or paints human faces. That was always one big difference with me and art / photography. I never draw, paint, or photograph people, especially their faces. It's always objects, places, animals, plants, abstracts. But it seems everyone else automatically depicts human faces ALL the time.
- The fact that I already can't read the "philosophy" forum here, because it's all always about american politics, and now am getting irrationally angry and not wanting to read the random discussion forum, because every topic in there now is this endless "what is the first thing that comes to mind when" topics. I'm not jumping on anyone's proverbial case - I clearly noted it's a silly irrational irritation - but it's just overkill to me now.