Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Tsproggy
Toucan
Toucan

14 Feb 2012, 11:30 pm

I don't know how NT's do it.. I find cliques f*****g ANNOYING.. It's hard enough making friends save trying to meet 4+ more people! I give up for now.. Not going to try and be something i'm not. Back to my dark cave where things make sense xD

Same thing goes for the chat on here.. Everyone seems to think it's a fking dating service or something. They also have their cliques and ignore you, OR you'll actually be talking to people and you're attacked for some reason usually relating to grammar, wrong facts, or some other BS relating to your intelligence. Then you get to hear some smug as*hole/s try and piss on your parade despite continuing your previous conversation.

On a smaller note.. Anyone else notice the front page is just filled with posts from this Kirsten Lindsmith chick? Yes.. we get it, you're hot, you understand us, think it's possible to give us advice, and love your camera... I don't know.. I suppose I'd like it more if it was an article from an old timer psychologist xD

Just my opinion, feel free to flame it, actually reply with something valid, or pass it on by as you all normally do.

yes.. I know it's Valentine's day and i'm on this website.. Yes I don't have a girlfriend, Yes I'm a basement dweller (figuratively), Now that we've gotten that out of the way!

Bye.. :P

Ria1989
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Feb 2012, 11:36 pm

Tsproggy wrote:
I don't know how NT's do it.. I find cliques f***ing ANNOYING.. It's hard enough making friends save trying to meet 4+ more people! I give up for now.. Not going to try and be something i'm not. Back to my dark cave where things make sense xD

Same thing goes for the chat on here.. Everyone seems to think it's a fking dating service or something. They also have their cliques and ignore you, OR you'll actually be talking to people and you're attacked for some reason usually relating to grammar, wrong facts, or some other BS relating to your intelligence. Then you get to hear some smug as*hole/s try and piss on your parade despite continuing your previous conversation.

On a smaller note.. Anyone else notice the front page is just filled with posts from this Kirsten Lindsmith chick? Yes.. we get it, you're hot, you understand us, think it's possible to give us advice, and love your camera... I don't know.. I suppose I'd like it more if it was an article from an old timer psychologist xD

Just my opinion, feel free to flame it, actually reply with something valid, or pass it on by as you all normally do.

yes.. I know it's Valentine's day and i'm on this website.. Yes I don't have a girlfriend, Yes I'm a basement dweller (figuratively), Now that we've gotten that out of the way!

Bye.. :P

Yeah, she is hott. What about Kate Upton? I think I'm going to buy a poster of her....

Tsproggy
Toucan
Toucan

14 Feb 2012, 11:46 pm

Lol,

I'll admit, I didn't know who Kate Upton was.. So I googled and my eyes where not disappointed hehe. I would have posters up of women like that but.. I'm not allowed expression in any way lest I show people i'm human like them -.- . Apparently i'm just supposed to stand by and be everyone's tool, doing everything everyone can do themselves but are too lazy to do.

kestrel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2012, 11:49 pm

Social cliques make sense if you consider humans to basically be pack animals -- I think they are, but that begs the question of what I must be to stand outside the packs and ponder over such confusing behavior. :?

Maybe I'm the human social-equivalent of a cat. Or maybe men are from mars, women are from venus, and I'm from neptune. 8O

There. I said something and did not pass over your post. I seem to be a thread killer, so I know how that feels. :lol:

Tsproggy
Toucan
Toucan

14 Feb 2012, 11:54 pm

It does make you wonder.. I've heard deviation from normal human nature can be considered evolution but i'm sure it's more of a deficet then an evolutionary "gift". Considering it hurts me in society more then it helps.. AKA avoiding having to talk to ANYONE for ANYTHING.. like when you run for the self checkout at the grocery store rather then have some clerk handle all your stuff.

and thanks, I know, that was an unfair generalization. I didn't have a great Valentine's day and I thought 2x more today then usual so.. I'm a tiny bit sad.

kestrel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2012, 11:59 pm

No, no; don't worry. I know where you're coming from on the Valentine's day subject.

As for evolution being a pleasant experience - think of it this way... plants evolve based on selective environmental stressors pushing them in a certain direction (producing toxins to stave off insects, for example). If social behavior is evolutionary, it makes perfect sense that the process of change - adaptation - would be unpleasant until such change is established in a wider gene pool.

I'm not sure if the way I relate to society is a product of evolution, though - it's just how I am and that's as far as I can figure it.

EDIT:

Quote:
AKA avoiding having to talk to ANYONE for ANYTHING..

I know how that goes so well it's uncanny. Every time I go out for something, it's in and out... quick, then back to my sequestered lair to recuperate. :lol:

Ria1989
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Feb 2012, 12:06 am

Tsproggy wrote:
Lol,

I'll admit, I didn't know who Kate Upton was.. So I googled and my eyes where not disappointed hehe. I would have posters up of women like that but.. I'm not allowed expression in any way lest I show people i'm human like them -.- . Apparently i'm just supposed to stand by and be everyone's tool, doing everything everyone can do themselves but are too lazy to do.

well, i'm glad they weren't. that's how i celebrated valentine's day: googling one of the hottest girls in america. worked for me ;)

What do you mean by the last part? I'm probably thinking too much about her beautiful "eyes" and I'm not following...

Tsproggy
Toucan
Toucan

15 Feb 2012, 12:09 am

Ria1989 wrote:
well, i'm glad they weren't. that's how i celebrated valentine's day: googling one of the hottest girls in america. worked for me ;)

What do you mean by the last part? I'm probably thinking too much about her beautiful "eyes" and I'm not following...

Oh that,

That was just a little outburst about my family. All my life i'm in a shell, I would like to be more expressive with little things such as posters on my walls but I have to worry about what my family (all girls) thinks about it. They emasculate and expect me to be their own personal butler/servant. They think I have no life because i'm not socially active. Plus i'm not lazy and get stuff done and pay attention to details they don't sometimes I wish I was some stupid burnout that couldn't do anything right so people would stop expecting my best from me >.<.

Ria1989
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Feb 2012, 12:21 am

Tsproggy wrote:
Ria1989 wrote:

Oh that,

That was just a little outburst about my family. All my life i'm in a shell, I would like to be more expressive with little things such as posters on my walls but I have to worry about what my family (all girls) thinks about it. They emasculate and expect me to be their own personal butler/servant. They think I have no life because i'm not socially active. Plus i'm not lazy and get stuff done and pay attention to details they don't sometimes I wish I was some stupid burnout that couldn't do anything right so people would stop expecting my best from me >.<.

always good to vent. you know who you are... they don't

MusicIsLife2Me
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Feb 2012, 12:58 am

I don't get social cliques either. I never did.
In school I always spent time with the intellectually different and socially flawed people like myself.

I have noticed the part where you said certain people like to bring a poster down on WP. It's like some enjoy being "bullies" of sorts. Its great to be knowledgeable but some take it too far and pick fights with people who are just stating their thoughts on various topics. Who cares if its grammatically correct or not or if its not that intelligible . Its a discussion board and we all have a right to use it. As long as we aren't making someone feel like garbage or making threats than who cares about spelling etc.

I also don't understand why some people think this is a dating site. Example post title "How does my OKC profile look?", which is fine and harmless enough but I think most people here have difficulties finding dates, not to mention friends. Its hard to give good dating advice or get a date when you're quirky yourself. I don't give it. I can't even find a girlfriend of my own!

There shouldn't be cliques especially on a discussion board where so many people share the same struggles and quirks.

Tsproggy
Toucan
Toucan

15 Feb 2012, 1:07 am

MusicIsLife2Me wrote:
I don't get social cliques either. I never did.
In school I always spent time with the intellectually different and socially flawed people like myself.

I have noticed the part where you said certain people like to bring a poster down on WP. It's like some enjoy being "bullies" of sorts. Its great to be knowledgeable but some take it too far and pick fights with people who are just stating their thoughts on various topics. Who cares if its grammatically correct or not or if its not that intelligible . Its a discussion board and we all have a right to use it. As long as we aren't making someone feel like garbage or making threats than who cares about spelling etc.

I also don't understand why some people think this is a dating site. Example post title "How does my OKC profile look?", which is fine and harmless enough but I think most people here have difficulties finding dates, not to mention friends. Its hard to give good dating advice or get a date when you're quirky yourself. I don't give it. I can't even find a girlfriend of my own!

There shouldn't be cliques especially on a discussion board where so many people share the same struggles and quirks.

I couldn't agree more, nice to see i'm not the only one.

MusicIsLife2Me
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Feb 2012, 1:24 am

:D nope you're not alone.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

15 Feb 2012, 2:46 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE54V9WuEVM[/youtube]

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2012, 4:57 am

Tsproggy wrote:

I certainly don't allow my personal or emotional feelings get in the way of a discussion or debate, I don't think there's some secret conspiracy to ostracize you in these forums. Of course, people are going to have different views and debates because everyone here is an individual with different perspectives. It's only healthy to question, it allows us to develop our sense of identity and understanding. Hopefully you don't feel uncomfortable, awkward or unwelcome here as you're not and as you can see by people posting in this thread, there are people that will emphasize with you.

Tsproggy wrote:
On a smaller note.. Anyone else notice the front page is just filled with posts from this Kirsten Lindsmith chick? Yes.. we get it, you're hot, you understand us, think it's possible to give us advice, and love your camera... I don't know.. I suppose I'd like it more if it was an article from an old timer psychologist

I think it's good to hear from someone younger as they may have more relevance to what it's like growing up in modern times and being on the spectrum, I think it can definitely hold more relevance and value towards teenagers and younger people on the spectrum if they are given advice by someone that has only just recently been through what they have or are going through what they are to some extent.