Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Cutlass_Jack
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Feb 2012, 7:59 pm

Anyone play this game? I heard it's amazing.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2012, 9:29 pm

Yes, it is amazing. I'd say it's one of the best videogames I've played ever. I'm looking forward to The Last Guardian, the creator's next project on the PS3.

Declension
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2012, 9:40 pm

It's a very cool game. There aren't many games that have made me almost cry, and this is one of them.

It's one of those games where it will have more of an impact of you the less you know about it. So don't find anything out about it, just play it!

Cutlass_Jack

19 Feb 2012, 11:06 pm

Enigmatic_Oddity wrote:
Yes, it is amazing. I'd say it's one of the best videogames I've played ever. I'm looking forward to The Last Guardian, the creator's next project on the PS3.
I wish I had a PS3. :( I shall begin saving up for one!

RW665
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 1:39 am

From what I remember yes it is an amazing game. I got almost to the end, but I never finished it, I'm planning on getting the HD version for PS3 at some point.

Morbid Malign's askblog: http://askmorbidmalign.tumblr.com/

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 4:40 am

It's certainly one of the more unique games out there. One of the things I found interesting about it is that the game has practically no story or spoken dialog, yet it is still incredibly captivating and moving. The lack of information really adds to the game's depth in a way (for example, every time I ran through some ruins in the game it made me wonder who built them, or what happened to them?) I'd highly recommend trying it out if you can.

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 10:54 am

There does seem to be a little bit more to the story if you take Ico, another game by the same developers into account, which is believed to be its sequel despite being released first. The Last Gaurdian would seem to be connected somehow, as well, if they ever release it.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

Onyxwing
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Feb 2012, 8:15 am

I always thought one of the points that makes Shadow of the Colossus such and interesting game is that it leaves a lot on the imagination, story wise. Where all the ancient structures were originally used for, or who the girl is you're trying to save are two points that completely left up to the player. If there was a full fledged explanation for this, the game suddenly would become much more boring, wouldn't you agree?

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 8:58 am

I tried playing it a little bit...it seemed kind of cool, but the framerate was atrocious.

impulse94
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Feb 2012, 10:03 am

One of the first games I got for PS2, loved playing it. But I got stuck on the very last mission and had to have my nephew finish it. Found that even when you think it's all done, there's like 30 minutes left of it. Not to mention it opening up for replay as time-trials.

Desurage
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Feb 2012, 3:35 pm

I loved it too, dreaming of making a game similar to it.
Didn't like a few things, like the little bull bosses that didn't contribute to the overall game. I wish there was more to do in the gameworld too, as you didn't get that much to interact and I remember using my bow like four times.

The_Final_Boss

02 Mar 2012, 10:20 am

I played this years ago but never completed it.

I got past the first few bosses and then got stuck. I think it was on the one that could fly.

Maybe I'll try it again sometime.