Page 4 of 6 [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

DanRaccoon
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2012, 4:23 am

Hmm, this thread is a new method of making single people feel bad about themselves :o

http://www.youtube.com/user/DanRaccoon

CrazyCatLord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2012, 5:35 am

DanRaccoon wrote:
Hmm, this thread is a new method of making single people feel bad about themselves :o

I agree that other people's happiness can be depressing, but to be fair, the topic of this subforum is love and dating :) Not depression and self-pity.

AScomposer13413
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 10:31 pm

I don't like reviving the same thread twice, but...necrothread! Still going for this to be stickied...or another thread similar to this one...

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 10:54 pm

Yeah I'd like to hear more than just the griping and stuff, be nice to hear what's working for some people. Or what has worked, like if they're not together anymore but just fond memories of a past relationship that ended well.

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 11:20 pm

Yay for positive topic! Yay for necromancy (when it's being used for good, not evil)

My relationship is still pretty fresh out of the package (started up in late Nov. of this year)
I'm pretty darn happy with it. It's nice to be with someone who challenges me to grow and supports me 100%. I don't have to nurse a fragile ego. He doesn't mind that I love high heels even though I'm already tall. He's insanely smart and is like a walking encyclopedia, which is great because I'm a nerd like that too plus he's not arrogant or annoying about knowing things other people don't. (tmi, also the sex is quite nice)
I feel lucky to have found a good fit. It's not likely given our ages that we'll 'be together forever' or anything, but I'm grateful for the experience of having a healthy relationship and for the happy memories I get to make.

I hope people can post here about something they are happy about or something good that has happened to them relationship wise without getting harangued by other users.

If your success is defined as being well adjusted to injustice and well adapted to indifference, then we don?t want successful leaders. We want great leaders- who are unbought, unbound, unafraid, and unintimidated to tell the truth.

AScomposer13413
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2012, 9:18 am

DogsWithoutHorses wrote:
Yay for positive topic! Yay for necromancy (when it's being used for good, not evil)

My relationship is still pretty fresh out of the package (started up in late Nov. of this year)
I'm pretty darn happy with it. It's nice to be with someone who challenges me to grow and supports me 100%. I don't have to nurse a fragile ego. He doesn't mind that I love high heels even though I'm already tall. He's insanely smart and is like a walking encyclopedia, which is great because I'm a nerd like that too plus he's not arrogant or annoying about knowing things other people don't. (tmi, also the sex is quite nice)
I feel lucky to have found a good fit. It's not likely given our ages that we'll 'be together forever' or anything, but I'm grateful for the experience of having a healthy relationship and for the happy memories I get to make.

I hope people can post here about something they are happy about or something good that has happened to them relationship wise without getting harangued by other users.

Congrats!! Seems like it's always a good thing when things seem to be a good fit :D I wish you two the best :D

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2012, 10:17 am

I love the yin and yang in my relationship. He lets me go through my crappy and lazy moods, waiting patiently until I get to the other side of them, and I let him go through his. It gets a little tough if they happen at the same time, but oddly they rarely do - hence yin and yang.

And he is funny. He keeps things in our family light, most of the time. He's super shy so few people outside of our family ever get to see it.

I also think that this is man who knows how to handle the fact that I've gained some weight in the last decade. One of the big problems is that I just haven't been able to fit exercise into my day like I once did, and he is being the best about trying to help remove roadblocks about that, and in helping brainstorm opportunities, without ever once suggesting he is unhappy about my appearance.

Last edited by DW_a_mom on 02 Jun 2012, 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2012, 10:24 am

DanRaccoon wrote:

Or, you can see it as an opportunity to learn what works in relationships, what things people really love in another person, that go beyond what you can see: a way to understand why sometimes "he, really, him?" actually got "her, really, her?" Which could help you in your own quest.

SluvsK
Raven
Raven

02 Jun 2012, 10:33 am

Yay! :) I love this thread!!

I absolutely adore my boyfriend. He's amazing and makes my heart skip a beat. I love how smart and sweet he is. He's got the biggest heart in the world. He's overcome so much in life and I really admire his strength and perseverance. He's an inspiration to me, really.

I also like how brutally honest & upfront that he is. He doesn't seem to have a filter but it's good for me. I know I can really trust him, much more than I trust most other people. Sometimes my feelings might get hurt a little bit but once I get over it, I appreciate his honesty, you know what I mean?

He is helping me to emerge from my shell and he makes me feel like a different (and better) person. I don't think I'll ever be able to thank him enough for everything that he's done and everything that he's doing for me. He's been the greatest friend that anybody could ever have and when I'm with him, I feel not just very happy but also safe & content.

I love how he tries to be so sensitive to my feelings and my moods, and I love how he remembers the little things about me. He's not romantic in the traditional sense, and he's definitely not like other guys, but the little things he says and does make my heart melt. He's romantic in his own way, I guess you could say. :) There are times when I get very confused, or I feel rejected, and I know this isn't going to be the easiest thing in the world but I don't want someone else or something easier. I only want him.

Ok, I'll stop now. I could seriously type out a novel while professing my adoration for him! :oops:

reecare
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Jun 2012, 1:07 am

This is my fourth relationship, and the only one to last more than three months. We've been together for 10 and a half months! He's my best friend. We have a garden together, with my grandma. We surprise each other. We're huge nerds- pokemon, Sagan, science, etc... We lost our virginity to each other. We do fight, but they're not regular or severe- we always get past them. Most of all, he puts up with me. He listens to me. He holds me close. I don't scare him away with my extreme anxiety and social weirdness. He's the first person, period, to not dismiss me when I say "I think I have Asperger's." i love him, so, so, so much. even when he annoys me, i love him.

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2012, 4:19 am

I've been away from my gf for a week now. It's the longest we've been apart in the years we've been together, and I've been terribly lonely. But I realized something today. I trust her.

After being cheated on in my first couple relationships, I've tended to be quite paranoid about the possibility of it happening again. Any other girl I've been with, if we were apart this long, I'd be going mad wondering who she was with and what she was doing.

But I'm not. And it took me almost a whole week just to realize that, while I hate being away from her, I'm not worried about what she's doing behind my back.

This is a big deal for me.

And it feels pretty soft to me. 

Modest Mouse - The View

DanRaccoon
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2012, 6:15 am

People in a unsuccessful relationship do not post, go away, shoo shoo. That'd be a more honest title for this thread.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DanRaccoon

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2012, 6:57 am

DanRaccoon wrote:
People in a unsuccessful relationship do not post, go away, shoo shoo. That'd be a more honest title for this thread.

The whole love and dating section is full of fear and loneliness and bitterness. What, exactly, is wrong with having just one thread meant to remind people that love doesn't always equal pain?

And it feels pretty soft to me. 

Modest Mouse - The View

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2012, 7:03 am

DanRaccoon wrote:

I just want to read so I can have some hope, quit being a party-pooper you're spoiling my suspension of disbelief

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2012, 7:12 am

My bf and I are still dating, will be celebrating our 1 year anniversary in July. The plan being to go out to dinner and go to a midnight premiere of the Dark Knight Rises and he stays at my place for the weekend as my birthday is that weekend too. Yaaaay. I won't see him for another couple weeks due to him going on vacation to a beach house with his family. I'll see him again on the last weekend of this month and I can't wait. I also can't wait for the Roger Waters (of Pink Floyd) concert we're going to see soon too. :)

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2012, 2:33 pm

Rabbitears is still the nom face he's always been.