Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2014, 3:20 am

For the longest time I thought I was asthmatic, then I thought I had really bad allergies, but I kind of realized one day that the issues I had been having with breathing and various allergens had nothing to do with "actual" allergies, but rather from having a hyper-sensitive nose and throat. This ties in perfectly with my AS, as I know that I'm particularly sensitive to noise and light, so being sensitive to odors and physical sensations isn't too far off.

Lay26la1990
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Oct 2017, 12:48 pm

I was recently diagnosed with autism level 1 (Aspergers) and was searching on this topic because I think I may have an autoimmune condition. This was posted in 2012 and the topic is still relevant. In the last weeks or so I have been exhibiting some symptoms, extreme fatigue, heaviness in the frontal neck area, flue like symptoms and brain fog. They occur to me in flares if I continue to put stress onto my body it can led up to neck and back stiffness. I have suffered with these symptoms for years. I think I may have Hashimoto thyroiditis. Which is an autoimmune condition. I also have a gluten intolerance , I am allergic to soy and suffer from stomach inflammation.I believe that there's a link between celiac disease and Hashimoto thyroiditis. The information I've read above has been helpful. My self -diagnose thyroiditis are just lose connections and observations and I could be so wrong. I am in no way a doctor but after so many years of searching, several appointments and labs, I am just trying to figure out what's going on with my body.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2017, 12:53 pm

Pityriasis rosea ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pityriasis_rosea ). It is said that it occurs just once in one's lifetime, but I have had it twice so far.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 5:31 am

I rarely get actually sick but other problems kind of make up for it. I am having an asthma flare up at the moment that I'm finding hard to deal with. I'm also allergic to dust and cats, both of which we have. I suffer from IBS quite regularly and I still haven't been able to pinpoint what triggers it except maybe anxiety.

I used to get large patches of excema(sp) as a child and teenager. I haven't had that for a long time.

This_Amoeba
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 8:26 pm

I get pretty bad guttate psoriasis every now and then. The only thing that clears it up is a sun burn.