one of the youngest 6%  6%  [ 5 ]
youngest 25%  25%  [ 20 ]
only child 14%  14%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 80

Briana_Lopez
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Feb 2012, 5:31 pm

Since I made this poll, I'll start off by saying I'm the oldest of 7 (2 step sisters (not related tp eachother), 2 stepbrother(related to eachother), a half brother, and a full sister). I don't like it at all because I'm responsible for all of them!

Skateri
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Feb 2012, 5:38 pm

I only have one big sister... And I love her more than anything... The only problem is that she has a very hard time accepting my diagnosis...

"If you can dream it, you can do it!" - Walt Disney

ghostar
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Feb 2012, 5:38 pm

I am number 3 of 4 kids but my parents took over a decade between my older brother and i so I consider myself the oldest of the second generation of my parents' offspring.

My older brother and sister were old enough the day I was born to be parents themselves.

Mithos
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2012, 5:54 pm

Only Child.

Your Aspie score: 128 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 72 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

questor
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2012, 7:07 pm

I am the third of four kids, all long since grown up. My older sister and brother are 11 & a half months apart in age. I am several years younger than them. I was the baby of the family for 7.5 years until my younger brother was born. However, the dog we had at the time thought she was number 4, and that she was one of my younger brother's older sisters. :-D She would occasionally scold him and his friends when they got too rowdy in the house.

I didn't get along well with any of my sibs growing up. It wasn't until my mother was geriatric and her symptoms became more prominent that we realized she had had mental health issues all or most of her life. One of her problems was that if she was mad at one of us, she made sure to make the other 3 mad at the one she was mad at. The next day she might be mad at a different child, and again, the other 3 were complained to about the one she was mad at, so they would be mad at the new victim. She was mad at me most of the time, so I was usually the victim, but she did it to all of us. Naturally none of us has ever been close, because of this. It's a terrible thing to do to your kids. In my case my Asperger's added to my problem, and then when my younger brother came on the scene he turned out to be a pest, which caused me to get in more trouble when I got upset at the things he did to me.

One of life's ironies is that although we are not close, I do now get along with all of my sibs. My younger brother eventually grew up and stopped being a pest then. Unfortunately, none of my sibs gets along with each other, just with me, which they never did when we were kids. Go figure. :-D

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2012, 8:34 pm

ghostar wrote:
I am number 3 of 4 kids but my parents took over a decade between my older brother and i so I consider myself the oldest of the second generation of my parents' offspring.

My older brother and sister were old enough the day I was born to be parents themselves.

My family is similar. I am also the 3rd of 4 children, and my older sisters were 10 and 11 when I was born. My younger brother was born 3 1/2 years after I was. So here are our ages:

Oldest: 32
2nd: 31
3rd (me): 21
Youngest: 17

Princess78
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

Location: Massachusetts, or in a cottage with seven little men

27 Feb 2012, 8:49 pm

I'm the oldest of two. I'm 33 and my sister is 27.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

29 Feb 2012, 1:18 pm

Oldest. I have two sisters and a younger brother.

Ddddd
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Feb 2012, 1:21 pm

3rd out of 4.

Oldest: 20+ (would turn 25 this year in November)
Second: 21 (22 next month)
Third (me): 19 (20 in April)
Youngest: 15 (16 in September)

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2012, 1:28 pm

Youngest of two,

morgeny
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Mar 2012, 12:26 pm

oldest of 2

EnglishJess
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2012, 12:52 pm

I'm the oldest. My brother is 9 and my sister is 8. They have a different dad to me.

permian
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Jul 2012, 8:58 pm

Oldest of 3 and the only brother

pigsrock
Toucan
Toucan

11 Jan 2016, 3:58 pm

My parents had two sets of twins and no singletons

pigsrock
Toucan