Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

redmountaindew
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Oct 2006, 10:05 am

I am 19, male. go to community college, new on this board, am going thru a hard time at college, I have Aspergers, people make fun of me. I am going thru a hard time right now, dealing with obessive stuff, rigid thoughts, I like talking to girls and have an obsession of hating guys my age, which is I can't figure out. I see other guys and girls together at my age, and i want to experience that as well. I have never had a friend, ever. I have made aquaintainces in college only, live a very isolated life, do not talk or see anyone outside of college, there are no community activities in our community, and the ones that are there, are all for the lower functioning people. All my needs seem to "Fall thru the cracks" famous saying. Why am I like this? Why do I get stuck on a certain thought and make it my life? I have no hobbies, all I do is focus my whole life on just finding girls to say hi to at college. My mom says I need to balance things out. I get upset if i don't have anyone to eat lunch with. I feel like I have regressed in my thoughts and behaviors, and am stuck on only wanting girls to talk to. Is this normal for Aspergers my age, will i always be like this? Has anyone else felt like this? I hope i didn't scare away any girls my age on this board who are my age and have Aspergers too. There are no groups(co-ed) to deal with this in my area either. All there is is Aspergers groups for guys, and I don't want to be in an all guys group, for that has been the only thing that has been forced on me all my life and sick of it. I want to be in coed groups then maybe i won't be so angry and feel like I am being forced to be with guys only because I have Aspergers. I do not like having Aspergers, I hate it, I am lonely and sad, and feel hopeless.

aleclair
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Oct 2006, 10:17 am

I'm curious to know... not trying to sound rude here, but maybe we can dig to the root of this... what's your problem with guys? I can understand how one would prefer girls to guys (girls are generally more mature than guys at the same age) but you seem to be accepting no alternative... girls or nothing.

Which, in the wrong hands, can be interpreted the wrong way. At least you're not in eighth grade anymore.

As for is it normal? I went through a period of time (in ninth grade) where I figured that if I had friends they were more likely to be girls because GUYS ARE IMMATURE. I would say yes, but I can't speak for the entire AS population.

alex
Developer
Developer

29 Oct 2006, 10:33 am

girls are *generally* nicer to socially inept guys than other guys are.

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2006, 10:38 am

Welcome to WP.

redmountaindew
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Oct 2006, 10:39 am

maybe that is why, they are nicer, except for a few who are really mean to me., but in general, they are nicer and more accepting.

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2006, 10:45 am

I'll accept anyone who won't take the piss out of me.

Your more than welcome and you're more than accepted here redmountaindew. :wink:

Stinkypuppy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2006, 12:53 pm

Welcome to WP, Redmountaindew! 8)

When I was in high school, I had a good mix of male and female friends, mostly because it was the general "nerd" group and we were all friends with each other. But starting in college and afterwards, I pretty much had to develop my own friendships, and so far those friendships tend to be skewed very very heavily towards female friends (I'm a guy). I've had better responses from females than males so far about my goofy sense of humor, and I am much more comfortable talking to girls than guys. Talking to guys can be quite intimidating for me, and I get afraid sometimes that I will look stupid in front of a guy. Interestingly enough, I don't mind looking stupid in front of a girl. Do I see other guys as some sort of competition? Kind of, I don't know for sure.

Pippen
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Oct 2006, 2:51 pm

I don't know if this will help I'm a participant on a forum made up mostly of moms of AS-type kids. Every year we have college students come through because issues that they once had under control flare up. The change to a new environment seems to be good for some and difficult for others.

Have you checked in with the office of disability services at your university to see if it's possible they could assist in forming a group? I know there are AS groups at both of the universities in my town, organized by staff members.

redmountaindew
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Oct 2006, 6:14 pm

Pippen wrote:
I don't know if this will help I'm a participant on a forum made up mostly of moms of AS-type kids. Every year we have college students come through because issues that they once had under control flare up. The change to a new environment seems to be good for some and difficult for others.

Have you checked in with the office of disability services at your university to see if it's possible they could assist in forming a group? I know there are AS groups at both of the universities in my town, organized by staff members.

The college I go to doesn't want to do that.