Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 5:53 pm

dizzywater wrote:
Its a totally different reaction, so not about pain threshold. I withdraw instead of feeling it.
I read if a situation is too difficult then imagine yourself looking down on it from the ceiling, like you are watching it on TV.
This is similar to the thing which happens to me, but you may be able to train yourself to do it for certain situations.

Well I am not sure how to make my brain react that way, I mean its such an instant reaction I don't even know how i would change it to anything else as it happens before I am even aware it is happening.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 5:55 pm

felinesaresuperior wrote:
when i was told at the vet's office my cat was going to die my stomach hurt with a stabbing pain and i had nausea, and doubled over, put my hand on my stomach and almost threw up right there.
sometimes i have chest pains when upset, or might get dizzy.
sometimes i just shut down and feel nothing. sometimes i alternate.
i think we're much more emotional than the NTs and maybe that's why this happens.
you could try something like that: think about something that bothered you and deliberately build up that feeling of pain, try to feel the pain as hard as you can, then let go. it will teach you how to control it. do it when you're home in a safe surrounding. just a thought.

I feel it enough, as is when I get random thoughts of people saying things in the past that caused such feelings. Unfortunately this does not always happen when I am in a safe surrounding. But I suppose I can just try to not feel anything about that sort of thing, but that's much easier said than done and so far it seems I kinda fail at it.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2012, 1:53 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
I am not quite sure how to word the title......but I have kind of this issue and I was wondering if it sounds like an aspergers/autism issue. Anyways sometimes if I experiance sudden painful emotions I kinda get a physical reaction. Like if someone says something really hurtful I get this weird combination of increased heart rate and chest pain and kind of a feeling of being about ready to explode. It is kind of hard to describe but I've never found any information about anything like this.

So I guess I am just wondering if anyone here has experianced anything like what I am talking about........and how you cope with it or what you do about it. I'm kind of sick of it, makes me feel pathetic.

I experienced that when they changed my work environment I was around large loud vibrating machines that made me feel anxiety after I spent three or four years in quiet room by myself. They said if was for safety reasons and it almost killed me LoL. When I was like that the littlist things said to me hurt my feelings or pissed me off I felt like I was either going to cry or to fight. I was like that for a solid year. I spent a lot of time running to the bathroom my co-workers always thought I had a bathroom emergancy. The constant spikes in my already high untreated blood pressure caused damage to my kidneys and enlarged my heart. I ended up in the ICU for five days. I am afraid of starting a new job because I feel the anxiety will hurt my heart again.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2012, 3:53 am

From what I know it's actually normal for your body to react physically to strong emotions, adrenaline causes the body to do certain things when it thinks its in an emergency. Such as increased heart rate, stomach pain, chest pain, the need to evacuate one's bowels.

If I feel fear or nervousness I tend to get stomach problems (which is often), sometimes if it's bad enough it sets of my IBS and I do loooots of poo.