Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

TB
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2012, 5:30 am

Lately i have been feeling different from my usual balanced/peaceful state. Everything was fine up until i spent some time with this girl. I had no problem with it before that. It feels like my emotions are either completely on or of.
So when i spent some time with her something got triggered and now i am stuck with things that i do not want.

When i am in my normal zone i hardly ever feel nervous,anxious etc. Just physical exhaustion or pain. Now i find myself thinking in unproductive ways when i need to focus on the present.
It hit me pretty hard, and i was not expecting that at all. Since i was totally fine interacting before. I am trying to get rid of these feelings with meditation/exercise/introspection but it only helps temporarily.

I get attached too fast and i don't want to/shouldn't. The grass is always greener on the other side. When i was at peace i hardly had a need for social interaction and almost nothing affected my emotional state, i was the one in control. But i still felt that something was missing, and i moved forward to see if i could find it. Now that i got a glimpse i am wondering if i really need this. I can't be alone as well as before. This must be similar to what it is like to be ''normal''. I find myself planning things to fill up my time and occupy my mind. So How do you find a middle ground ?.

Last edited by TB on 06 Mar 2012, 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

MisterSpock
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2012, 7:21 am

I have been unable to find a middle ground for quite a while. I spend a lot of time in my own head, which isn't productive, but there are times when random thoughts appear, and there isn't a way I know of to prevent them. Actually, it can be quite harmful, psychologically speaking, to try and suppress/remove any emotion. I would say time helps - you get used to these strong emotions, and they just become background noise. I'm resigned to the fact that I feel the way I do, and there isn't a quick fix or cure.

I would like to see what other people post here...

ghostar
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Mar 2012, 11:33 am

I am also struggling with this issue. I often wonder if the new fear/anxiety over this person is worth the "normalcy" gained by being in a relationship. I don't know if it is.

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2012, 1:04 pm

Relationships bind us without them we are free

TB
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2012, 11:47 am

Wow, this is so typical of me. I go on an emotional roller coaster over absolutely nothing. Now i got a reality check and its all so silly. Back to normal mode i guess, already looking forward to my usual self.

ghostar
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Mar 2012, 12:18 pm

The post from namaste gave me a good reality check! Thank you namaste! :lol: