goodwitchy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2012, 1:56 am

namaste wrote:
goodwitchy wrote:
You've probably heard of Coral Castle?
http://coralcastle.com/

Ed Leedskalnin spent 28 years building a castle out of coral for his "Sweet 16". His intention was to live there with her, but it never happened.
That's obsession.

My God people do so much for obsession....but when you cant get hold of person you like you go mad and end up doing crazy things like this and I am sure i would also end up in some crazy endevour.

About Taj Mahal it was build primarily to cover up the Majestic Shiva temple which was below the Mughals did not want to break the temple they just wanted to disguise it with a Islamic structure and thats the reason they created the lavish Taj Mahal. Shahjahan had many wives why would he be obsessed with any woman he was a womaniser.

Wow, I never knew that about Taj Mahal.
I guess archaeologists aren't allowed to investigate?

Autism Spectrum quotient: 41, Empathy Quotient: 19

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2012, 2:11 am

I had seen on news channel the Shiva Temple under the Taj Mahal.....

Similarly the Ayodhya Temple there is a mosque which was build at the birth spot of Lord Rama which created quite a controversy.

check this link

[youtube]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AtbEAvpEbI[/youtube]

Mayel
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Mar 2012, 4:35 am

namaste wrote:
And at some point he felt that having sex would damage this relationship because he was already married
and for me i was not interested in sex i just liked his company, his smile and being in love with him

overall it was dead end i guess

I don't hope my message sounded like it was about sexual attraction. It wasn't
Because it's more like this:
namaste wrote:
Its same with me because this guy used to think just like me, we used to speak out same things at same time...
we were so well co-ordinated and i feel hollow living in this world without him.
........i could just connect with him and would love to be around him.

I don't equate romantic with sexual interest.
My affection was platonic but romantic nonetheless because I would like him to be around me. In a metaphorical way he left a hole in my heart which I feel nobody could ever fill again. Not nearly and even similarly in any way. At least I still haven't found evidence of this to happen.
But you have to carry on anyway.

namaste wrote:
Even in my case its severe....i have done crazy things during obsession and its embarrassing to admit to any doctor
but my life as been mess due to my obsession, infatuation and unrequited one sided love.

I don't have a doctor. But whomever I tell this, it is as you say, very embarassing. I do a lot of embarassing things because of my obsessions.
namaste wrote:
Even though most of the time the love is one sided and unrequited but when its there i have delusion
that person loves me and they need me....
But thats not the case most of the time that person only considers me a acquaintance.

That's erotomanic behaviour which I experience,too. It's being delusional.
I'm either delusional about this thing in believing that someone loves me or I avoid people who I think would potentially fall in to this category. I have ups and downs so to speak.
I'm not good at keeping a middle ground. or just behaving normally.

boblol
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Mar 2012, 6:56 am

I don't think I have ever had a completely innapropriate crush, (such as someone who showed me completely no interest ) I think every one I have ever had a crush on has "led me on" or hooked me in, in some way.

For example a couple of years ago there was a woman where I worked I really liked, and she used to flirt with me and go out for drinks with me, and she once went into hospital with a bad lung, and then wanted me to talk to her on the phone non stop and visit her (which I did) cause she was lonely in hospital. That really made me develop a bigger crush as I felt really needed. I have a thing about being needed though I'm not sure why, but that really hooked me in. However after she came out of hospital she dropped me and stopped being friendly with me. It would have to be something like that though, for example I wouldnt have developed a crush on someone i hadnt met just for how she looked or her nice smile or something as other aspies seem to.

Other aspie men though, ones that (trying to be honest not nasty) are more socially naive than me, seem to have those kind of crushes without even the leading on, such as on their college lecturer or their doctor. I think that for them, they get so little interaction with women (because of their social isolation) that any nice interaction, such as the doctor or teacher being caring or sympathetic, blows up in their minds and sends them crazy.

Last edited by boblol on 07 Mar 2012, 6:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2012, 6:56 am

Delusions are dangerous

I just start believing that what I am thinking is real and thats the eternal truth.

Its just recently i realised that i suffer from delusions.

:shrug:

boblol
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Mar 2012, 7:04 am

I had this male friend on a graphic novels forum years ago, self believed aspie, very socially naive, Seattle USA.

He went in Subway every morning, and was served every time by a russian girl, who he became obsessed with, as she was the only pretty woman ever to give him nice smiles and chat to him.
He went on about how much he loved her and all his plans to ask her out.

Searching the internet, he looked for a website about Russian community in Seattle, and found pictures of her on the site with her real name and stories about her life. He posted these photos on the forum so we could all give him advice on how to make his move.

As far as i know he never did anything, just obsessed on how to ask her out and then got scared and stopped going to the shop. poor guy.

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2012, 7:10 am

ugh...yeah, there's this one girl in one of my classes at my high school and I see her at random places and stuff...

She came up to me in the library (I looked down and didn't say anything),

Ever since I've been trying to get this annoying crush out of my head.

I heard her talking about this guy in class "He goes to my church!"

It was heartbreaking :(

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2012, 7:18 am

boblol wrote:
I don't think I have ever had a completely innapropriate crush, (such as someone who showed me completely no interest ) I think every one I have ever had a crush on has "led me on" or hooked me in, in some way.

I had crush on a boy in my college we used to talk on the phone he kept saying he loves another girl
but i was madly obsessed with him.
I couldnt concentrate during exams and would go roaming around the college just to get a glimpse of him
I failed my exams and instead of taking admission in any other college took admission in same college just to see him
Once the academic year reopened i went chasing him in the canteen
He lost his cool and screamed and gave me bad words.

After that there was this other guy whom i chased and who blasted me with bad words left and right.

And now this married guy who did give me a lead he used to call me back and meet me in class etc but didnt want to make the first move
or initiate anything once the classes got over he did not call me for long and when i called he was talking quite arrogantly

Do i need psychiatric help but like i said earlier its embarrassing.

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2012, 7:20 am

boblol wrote:
Other aspie men though, ones that (trying to be honest not nasty) are more socially naive than me, seem to have those kind of crushes without even the leading on, such as on their college lecturer or their doctor. I think that for them, they get so little interaction with women (because of their social isolation) that any nice interaction, such as the doctor or teacher being caring or sympathetic, blows up in their minds and sends them crazy.

Basically we dont get love from anywhere neither parents, neither friends, neither cousins its so lonely and cold out here.
and any little interest anyone shows makes us to crave having them in our life.
Even i have a bit of crush on my doctor who treats me for thyroid but i have managed to control that crush
I did have serious crush on my maths teacher though.....
how to get out of this madness

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2012, 7:22 am

I am 20 years behind everyone in knowledge of social interaction what they learned at 13-14-15 I am learning at the age of 31-32-33
its just pathetic

boblol
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Mar 2012, 7:26 am

My Mum is friends with this mad old lady neighbor she has known for years (they worked in Africa together) and the old lady has a crush on her doctor (who is also my doctor) and talks about him for hours.

I had to go to him a few weeks ago as I had a bad throat, and when I got back the mad lady was round. My mum said "he's just been to see your friend, Dr evans" and she said "what was he wearing" and I said, oh a grey suit and bowtie, and she said "ah his tuesday outfit i expect he looked lovely i wish i had seen him". 8O 8O

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2012, 8:12 am

boblol wrote:
My Mum is friends with this mad old lady neighbor she has known for years (they worked in Africa together) and the old lady has a crush on her doctor (who is also my doctor) and talks about him for hours.

I had to go to him a few weeks ago as I had a bad throat, and when I got back the mad lady was round. My mum said "he's just been to see your friend, Dr evans" and she said "what was he wearing" and I said, oh a grey suit and bowtie, and she said "ah his tuesday outfit i expect he looked lovely i wish i had seen him". 8O 8O

why do you call her MAD LADY???

boblol
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Mar 2012, 8:26 am

well she talks to herself and is very eccentric.

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2012, 8:36 am

boblol wrote:
well she talks to herself and is very eccentric.

:roll: I talk to myself too (i dont have anyone else to talk with) and eccentric yes i could be that too

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2012, 9:31 am

namaste wrote:
I am 20 years behind everyone in knowledge of social interaction what they learned at 13-14-15 I am learning at the age of 31-32-33
its just pathetic

You're definitely not the only one. I guess we just play the cards we're dealt. It does suck greatly.