Page 2 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2012, 9:31 am

namaste wrote:
I am 20 years behind everyone in knowledge of social interaction what they learned at 13-14-15 I am learning at the age of 31-32-33
its just pathetic

You're definitely not the only one. I guess we just play the cards we're dealt. It does suck greatly.

Mayel
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Mar 2012, 10:52 am

boblol wrote:
Other aspie men though, ones that (trying to be honest not nasty) are more socially naive than me, seem to have those kind of crushes without even the leading on, such as on their college lecturer or their doctor. I think that for them, they get so little interaction with women (because of their social isolation) that any nice interaction, such as the doctor or teacher being caring or sympathetic, blows up in their minds and sends them crazy.

I had that happen to me, too. It was embarassing. I mean it is still embarassing.
I think it's because I don't get the attention from anyone for my knowledge (concerning my interests) and if someone shows interest (as teacher or whatever you're probably happy to have an interested student so it's normal behavior for them) I'm unbelievably happy. But it's too much of surface attention nonetheless and not real in any way.

My one true obsession on the other hand is with someone I was very good friends with...and I knew so well....I don't forget him, he keeps popping up in my mind everytime I realize I'm becoming delusional with someone who's not interested and not for me. Especially when I begin to realize I was being delusional.

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2012, 11:49 am

I saw the guy today in a temple.

Its been 4 years today and i just hid when i saw him.

My hearts beating very fast i feel very sad also at the same time.

I cant explain the feeling its overwhelming i feel happy just too happy
but sad too because i just let him go from there and i hid also

should i mail him and tell him i saw him after 4 years.
gosh i am speechless and i feel so depressed there is a rush of emotions

its like a broken heart syndrome or emotionally dead

Mayel
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Mar 2012, 4:05 pm

namaste wrote:

Something very similar happened to me....but I hid because I had decided to try to forget this person. Nonetheless, my reaction was very similar.
I'd say if you are confident that he'll respond to you, and occasional chatter is enough for you, then you could try and mail him.
Otherwise, don't do it. Sometimes it's better to let wounds open and become a part of yourself.
But...it's your decision.

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2012, 10:42 pm

Mayel wrote:
namaste wrote:

Something very similar happened to me....but I hid because I had decided to try to forget this person. Nonetheless, my reaction was very similar.
I'd say if you are confident that he'll respond to you, and occasional chatter is enough for you, then you could try and mail him.
Otherwise, don't do it. Sometimes it's better to let wounds open and become a part of yourself.
But...it's your decision.

I couldnt sleep half of the night yesterday i dont know the reason....am i headed towards insomnia.
it was so unusual
i dont want him to respond....probably i just want to inform him that i saw him..
i want to let my excitement out...

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2012, 12:48 pm

I mailed him he gets his mail on blackberry phone
he might have got my message i informed him that i saw him yesterday

as usual and as expected he did not respond :roll:

Mayel
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Mar 2012, 1:12 pm

namaste wrote:
I mailed him he gets his mail on blackberry phone
he might have got my message i informed him that i saw him yesterday

as usual and as expected he did not respond :roll:

But you feel better now?
I thought you didn't want him to respond.

I did write a message not to long ago, as well...didn't get any response but I felt better because I wanted to write one and I did and knowing that he doesn't and won't respond makes me calm.
Because now I can accept letting my thoughts about him go...they may be reminder of something from time to time, about something I'm missing but that's just the way it is.

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 2:54 am

Mayel wrote:

But you feel better now?
I thought you didn't want him to respond.

I did write a message not to long ago, as well...didn't get any response but I felt better because I wanted to write one and I did and knowing that he doesn't and won't respond makes me calm.
Because now I can accept letting my thoughts about him go...they may be reminder of something from time to time, about something I'm missing but that's just the way it is.

ya i feel better now....

i am worth ignoring so i understand very well why he is ignoring me...

if i had a good family, parents, brother, sister i wont be so broken hearted and empty all the while.
nothing can fill the emptiness inside

[youtube]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRcTSoWindY[/youtube]

And the level of obsession a person can go to because of erotomania scares the hell out of me

Mayel
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Mar 2012, 1:02 pm

namaste wrote:
And the level of obsession a person can go to because of erotomania scares the hell out of me

Well, that movie shows aggresive stalking behaviour which is erotomania out of control which can be caused through narcissism or paranoia or other type of disorders.
Light erotomania, the usual one, is a delusional disorder.....which can be pertaining to OCD gone beyond its borders.

I always wonder if people who've known me that way,(which, alas, aren't that many) now think that I'm "crazy" in a negative way. After I've understood that someone doesn't like me, I let go immediately (so I behave "normal" again).....only with one person that has not happened but I won't contact them or do anything at all anymore and just keep these memories since I can't erase them anyway.

Anyway, you don't have to worry about your erotomania spiraling out of control.

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 2:26 pm

Mayel wrote:
Anyway, you don't have to worry about your erotomania spiraling out of control.

i think when we are aware that its a mental disorder that we suffer from then we have quite a lot of control over it and we can self talk
ourself to keep a check on the behaviour

Mayel
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Mar 2012, 3:30 pm

namaste wrote:

i think when we are aware that its a mental disorder that we suffer from then we have quite a lot of control over it and we can self talk
ourself to keep a check on the behaviour

That's a good way to look at it. :)