What do you think makes for romantic success?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2012, 11:06 pm

I would say a similar intelligence (which is psychologically proven,) similar beliefs and similar interests. Being bisexual, that works well for me but I am curious what gay men/lesbians on here think about this topic.

Similar intelligence: It is a way to hold good conversations together. Intelligence also means emotional intelligence, which is the ability to cope with stressful situations and calm yourself. If you're lacking this, conversations will likely become lopsided with one partner feeling left out.

Similar beliefs: Political, religious, philosophical, doesn't matter. If you have little synchronicity then it won't work. Some say opposites attract, but it takes obstensive argument and a large amount of compromise, which isn't healthy.

Similar interests: Well this is an obvious thing for us aspergians. Most wouldn't consider this though and go for looks.

I can't love someone physically before finding their personality attractive. You guys/girls?

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

Rax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Mar 2012, 2:50 am

I only go for people who are already friends.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 Mar 2012, 10:54 pm

I'm not gay but I don't really conform to any label when it comes to sexuality & stuff. I think what makes for romantic success is both being being committed to making it work. Trying to understand the other & being willing to compromise when there's a problem. That's my main criteria in trying to find a girlfriend/wife/partner

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition