Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

If you use Twitter and it disappeared tomorrow would it bother you?
No 63%  63%  [ 12 ]
A little 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
Quite a bit 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I'd be annoyed 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
I would be in pieces 16%  16%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 19

Suspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Mar 2012, 9:29 pm

Yes it would bother me a lot. I have 1079 followers that I have "hand-picked" as in weeding out the whore bots, the spammers and various business owners advertizing their services. I follow about 500 people, of which 50% are people typing as their cats, 28% are humans from England and Scotland and the rest is either American humans or "rest of the world".
I only follow famous people who will follow back and have conversation, and they are a very small percentage, all from the UK. I have some Aspie friends on there too, and mostly for me it's about the human interaction and the amazing randomness and the fun of humorous tweets people post.
I have been sent care packages from strangers, I have sent care packages back, I have made friends that I plan to meet when I move back to the UK. I have people following my life, and I am following people's lives, so it's mostly about connecting with simple non-famous people from all over the place, people that I could not have met otherwise.
Half the time I type as my cat and we type in lolcatz with other cats lol We are members of the #wlf which is the Whiskas Liberation Front and it's all basically just humans communicating with each other in a very harmless and impersonal way. It's amazing how even in 140 chars, people manage to have groups, virtual parties, meetings of twitter members in RL and also it is quite an effective tool for spreading the word and boycotting things, raising awareness on issues of injustice and expressing opinions that r actually making an impact.
One person that can be quite fun to follow for example is Danny Devito who tweets as his left foot. He takes pics of his foot in public functions, movie sets, private jets, during vacations etc and he calls his foot the" troll foot".
https://twitter.com/#!/dannydevito

Suspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Mar 2012, 9:20 pm

mindmapper wrote:
A few months ago I used to be quite active on Twitter, and even though it's not that personal, the interaction with complete strangers made me happy.

Though I stopped tweeting now. The main reason is that my brother is now keeping track of my tweets, which makes me uncomfortable somehow.

It wouldn't be that upsetting if Twitter vanished, but I'd perhaps be a tiny little bit sad.

Somebody was also reading my tweets and I wanted them to stop so I locked my account,changed my handle and unlocked. Unless your brother is following you, in which case you might have to start a second twitter account....