Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

durtled
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Mar 2012, 11:35 am

my name is rob im nearly 26. farily confident i have asperger's. i will probably never get a diagnosis. i've always had social problems like last night (st. Patrick's) went out for my 1 friends b-day. here i am in the bar that the other friends owns...and i find my self just focusing on either the tv or something i just cant start or hold conversations. if people come up to me and start talking im sure i seem normal then but i just dont know how to add anything to the conversation. more than 1 thing effect this though. my teeth are destroyed. the last 8 years of my life are a blur. i was homeless for 3 years with some living on the street but after about a month of sleeping on benches and in bus stations i got a way back to ny. even then i was bouncing around from friend to friend. i have no family. bout a year after the initial homeless i got a bone infection in my foot. couldnt walk for a year. i got so deep in playing wow. i tired to go to collage but during that 1st try i got kicked out so i had no where to go. then another instance i was doing great at itt tech. then my ride who was on the same street as i was stopped picking me up and itt is like community collage u miss 3 days ur done. so i have ridiculous debt and nothing to show for it...i cant pay i have no money i have no support...currently i do have some income...its unemployment from my last job but its almost not enough to live on. im in the process of getting my life back together. getting my teeth pulled and trying to get a job with my 1 friend when he goes back to work at the country club. i have almost no work history ive moved more times than i am old. i cant help but to think if i had a family i wouldnt be at rock bottom with nothing since i was 17. i know i would have gone somewhere im intelligent i have amazing ideas everyday but noone to listen. i know this a just a jumbled mess of ramble and none of this makes any sence. but any input would be appreciated.

Maerlyn138
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Mar 2012, 7:32 pm

Wow, thats a lot to digest. I can relate at little to your experiences. After I got out of the Air Force I was in school and then got a divorce so I ended up with tons of debt and had to file bankruptcy, and I have 2 children. I worked delivering pizza's, at a golf course for years until I was finally able to get my military paperwork and finish my degree so I could work as a respiratory therapist. It still took me years to get everything back together. the bankrupcy was on my credit for 10 years! So that sucked. I had a bunch of collections even after the bankruptcy which finally dropped off a couple years ago. Now I am finally able to save money again. Child support will be done in 3 years. So I was able to turn it around it's just a long slog.
So, I guess my purpose in telling you all that is to just take little steps, get things back together one step at a time. Get some priorities with spending and job work.
Since you're having such a hard time it's quite likely that you could apply for Social Security Disability anfd be approved. I was looking art that a few weeks ago. i wouldn't do it yself because I don't need it and I'd hate to take away from those that do.
Good luck, let u know how things are going!

Aspie score: 159 of 200 NT score: 64 of 200

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2012, 9:07 pm

Where do you stay now? Where did you sleep while homeless, it seems like sleeping in public isnt tolerated.

When I slept in my car, I felt like people were invading my personal space when they walked along side my car.

You're in the right place regardless of diagnosis. I know some workplaces offer on site training (a truck school in tx), but any kind of formal education is impossible to get without lots of money.