Page 1 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

WhiteWidow
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2012, 6:23 pm

I eat to feel sex. I haven't had sex in four years, and two days ago i had five slices of pizza, an ice cream cookie, a drum stick, twenty candies, a chocolate bar, a bacon cheese burger, fries, two big bags of chips, 2 L of pop. If nobody's screwing me - then I have to screw myself. I don't have "trees" so the only thing that made me feel relaxed was some sugary, salty, greesy food I haven't had in a LONG time

lavenderazura
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 May 2013, 5:16 am

Bubbles137 wrote:
Aimless wrote:
I eat to stuff my feelings, but I don't know what my feelings are. The feeling of a full stomach calms me.

Can totally relate to that, I eat to get rid of the horrible nervous-sick feeling that comes for no reason. But I feel horrible afterwards too, but at least that feeling has a reason.

I can relate to that too. Even though I don't feel physically good after my stomach is completely stuffed, I get a psychological satisfaction, relief. I binge, and knowing that it is bad and being afraid of gaining weight, I will compensate by starving and exercising. It is a cycle that is hard to break. I have had this issue for more than 10 years now.

Bubbles137
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2013, 5:29 am

lavenderazura wrote:
Bubbles137 wrote:
Aimless wrote:
I eat to stuff my feelings, but I don't know what my feelings are. The feeling of a full stomach calms me.

Can totally relate to that, I eat to get rid of the horrible nervous-sick feeling that comes for no reason. But I feel horrible afterwards too, but at least that feeling has a reason.

I can relate to that too. Even though I don't feel physically good after my stomach is completely stuffed, I get a psychological satisfaction, relief. I binge, and knowing that it is bad and being afraid of gaining weight, I will compensate by starving and exercising. It is a cycle that is hard to break. I have had this issue for more than 10 years now.

I am so glad that's not just me. I've had it for over 10 years now too (13 years since I first went to the doctor) and it's worse now than it's ever been. I hate it so much but don't know how to stop. For a few years, I only starved and exercised which felt amazing but I ended up in hospital three times and am scared to go back to it. Ironically, I was probably healthier and definitely happier then than now :/

catwhisperer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 May 2013, 8:27 am

Bubbles137 wrote:
Aimless wrote:

Yeah, by the end of the day I'm so frazzled that sometimes it takes eating more than I should to get rid of the anxiety and uncomfortable feelings. On other days I've found its helpful to take the time to cook a nice meal and focus on how good I'm being to myself with preparing a healthy meal that's also fit for a restaurant menu. The process calms and comforts me and I relax without overeating. Problem is those times when I can't calm down. :?

Bubbles137
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2013, 2:37 am

catwhisperer wrote:
Yeah, by the end of the day I'm so frazzled that sometimes it takes eating more than I should to get rid of the anxiety and uncomfortable feelings. On other days I've found its helpful to take the time to cook a nice meal and focus on how good I'm being to myself with preparing a healthy meal that's also fit for a restaurant menu. The process calms and comforts me and I relax without overeating. Problem is those times when I can't calm down. :?

I wish I could do that! I just binge straight away because I know it will take the anxiety away :/ but then that doesn't really work because I end up with more horrible feelings later and binge more. I wish I knew what the vertigo-y feeling is so i can get rid of it- it's like nausea, guilt and vertigo mixed together and I get it a lot around people.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

11 May 2013, 2:52 am

Oh yes, I do this for sure! I sometimes go an entire day without eating much at all, though. Then, I eat an insane amount sometimes as well. Like seriously. It definitely helps with anxiety sometimes and is probably healthier than other things I do for that. :lol:

seaturtleisland
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2013, 10:43 am

I'm not sure if it's binging but my eating habits can fluctuate dramatically. The difference is that the highs and lows can last for some time. I'm just coming out of a 3 month period in which I completely gave into all my cravings. A bowl of chips always led to 3-4 more bowls of chips. At the hospital where my group is there are 3 Tim Horton's. I'd be embarrassed about having 3 donuts everytime I was there so I'd go to one location, get a donut, go to another, get another donut, and go to the third, and then get my last donut. Then I'd go to the cafeteria and get cheese cake or something sweet like that. I gained 30 pounds during that time and I was always afraid to step on the scale because I knew I was giving in too much.

Now I'm eating less. I'm not starving myself but I've lost 3 pounds in 2 days. I just started trying to lose weight 2 days ago. When you're 215 pounds it doesn't take much to lose a few pounds. I control my chip binges by eating a bagel. A bowl of chips always leads to another which leads to another which leads to another which leads to feeling sick. A bagel is just one bagel. It's not the healthiest thing but if I have to choose between eating a single bagel and getting 200% of my daily value of fat in one sitting I'll take the bagel. I'm definitely at a low period in my consumption right now. I'm not starving myself or anything I'm just not snacking at all outside my 2-3 meals a day.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2017, 10:24 pm

does anybody here suffer from binge eating alongside their condition?

if you do please let me know how you feel and what causes you to binge.

i suffer from binge eating but i cannot seem to put it into words at all.

i dont throw up i just eat and eat and eat.

also has anybody got any links to adhd or aspergers and binge eating.

:cry:

it's kind of peculiar what causes me to binge. when I am annoyed, stressed, disturbed, distraught, clinically depressed, uptight, angry, hateful.

however, plenty of times I feel those emotions and do not gorge.

and, me being me. usually I feel those emotions.

so whatever

:arrow:

feel like gorging right now.

when I was younger, around 12, could eat anything and not gain weight. after 12, different story. metabolism rapidly plummeting.

now that I am 34, nothing tastes as great as it did when I was 12.

although back then I used to love spicy foods. and now I hardly ever eat spicy anything. once in a while jalepinos, but pretty obsessive compulsive disorder.

although I did develop a taste for sweets. and I hardly ever ate candy or chocolate when I was a minor. but after undergrad.

on the other hand, 2 days ago, weighed 105#.

when I was 13 and a half, weighed 108#

so I must be doing one thing right

and everything else wrong.

quite frankly I am anal retentive about when I eat. same time every day. unless gorge. and what I eat. and how much water drank. 5 liter per day. and when I defecate.

skiddlebugz
Toucan
Toucan

17 May 2017, 7:08 pm

This is a old post but I would still like to answer. I tend to binge eat when I get anxious or when I'm in class and doing work. It calms me down and satisfies me in that moment but at the end I feel guilty of eating it. It's like this everyday and it just doesn't want to stop. I notice now that I tend to mindlessly binge eat also so that's a whole other thing that I feel bad about. :(

Alita
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2017, 5:08 am

Like LadySera and Aimless, I eat to stop feeling, too.

I also eat out of boredom; my life is chronically adrenaline deficient - not enough excitement or fun on a regular basis.

TV helps keep the eating going as well. :pig:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

24 Jun 2017, 9:33 pm

I didn't eat much as a kid & teen because I was/am extremely picky eater & cant cook. I couldn't get the food I wanted available more than 1ce a day usually so I'd pig out on one meal & not eat anything except maybe a few snacks the rest of the day/night. I was pretty skinny because of that. Nowadays I eat 3 meals a day partly because I'm on meds & supplements & because I have food I want to eat. I usually pig out when my girlfriend cooks & I binge eat on snacks too. My doc wants me to lose weight because I'm overweight & my blood sugar & cholesterol are kinda high. I have a hard time reducing my binging but I'm starting to exercise more.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 9:56 pm

poverty kept me from binge eating. so did GERD.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 10:09 pm

Like LadySera and Aimless, I eat to stop feeling, too.

I also eat out of boredom; my life is chronically adrenaline deficient - not enough excitement or fun on a regular basis.

TV helps keep the eating going as well. :pig:
________________________________________________________________________________________________

yeah when i feel strong emotions, sometimes i binge. anxiety, edgy, embarrassment, shame, guilt, fear.

usually i do not watch tv. but waste a lot of time on the internet. especially Wrong Planet.

yeah i get bored a lot too. b/c i ain't got no precious lil "friends". precious lil "people" do not like me. and i do not like precious lil "most people".

so i am alone almost all the time.

the older i get, the more things i fear. the more intensely i fear them.

likewise i get bored a lot too. $$ is running out. have not had a job for a long time. when i had jobs, they were just minimum wage jobs that any old monkey could do. Actor, cashier, recordkeeping assistant.

so, nobody to do things with. no $$ to do things with.

that puts a serious limit on what i could do.

although "excitement" is not necessarily a good thing. when i was in middle school, someone shoved me down the stairs. that was exciting. excitement is like the unknown. it could be good or bad.

connotation versus denotation

boredom is not necessarily a bad thing. the older i get, the more boredom i want. boredom. the older i get the more Obsessive Compulsive (disorder) i get. (yes, i got a official diagnosis for OCD). with boredom comes stability.

but i do not have much fun either.

but whatever.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Jun 2017, 1:47 am

auntblabby wrote:
I have GERD too but I take meds for it & pig out on icecream when it's acting up because icecream's cold & milk can help neutralize stomach acid & I don't drink milk but I do love icecream. I don't know how to stop when I start eating it.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 3:13 am

nick007 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
I have GERD too but I take meds for it & pig out on icecream when it's acting up because icecream's cold & milk can help neutralize stomach acid & I don't drink milk but I do love icecream. I don't know how to stop when I start eating it.

that's a good idea :idea: my standby relief is with Gaviscon. I really ought to go buy some diet ice cream [sugar-free] as I haven't eaten any in ages.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2017, 10:16 pm

last week i found 2 tamales at the bus stop. yeah i know they could have been poisoned. but ate them anyways.

2 days afterward, wasted 90 minutes on the toilet. 3 times. only succeeded once.

so thinking about that failure discourages binging.