Page 3 of 5 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2013, 6:11 pm

I often wonder why there is still such fascination with her. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against her as a person, but she's been dead for over 50 years, and there are so many more women alive today who are at least as beautiful as MM ever was, and who don't have as much going against them.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

BanjoGirl
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2013, 6:58 pm

When I watch her movies she always gets my attention. She had a radiant presence and she was very charming.

MannyBoo
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2013, 7:35 pm

Fnord wrote:
I often wonder why there is still such fascination with her. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against her as a person, but she's been dead for over 50 years, and there are so many more women alive today who are at least as beautiful as MM ever was, and who don't have as much going against them.

Look up "The Titanic" and "James Dean"... She is not a real person, she is a media hyped commercialized product.

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2013, 1:14 pm

It's funny :

a man (Elvis) can have many women and people think he's a total stud but a woman (Monroe) can't have many men cuz then she's a slut , funny huh :wink:

She couldn't act ?

It sure looked like she was acting in Misfits :idea:

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2013, 2:53 pm

Elizabeth Taylor claimed (In writing!) to have had a one-time 'experience' with her.

Just Google 'Elizabeth Taylor Marilyn Monroe Affair'.

When I read that it really shocked me.....one of the few Hollywood rumors/legends/gossip tha has!

Sylkat

Popsicle
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2013, 10:26 pm

Sylkat wrote:
Just Google 'Elizabeth Taylor Marilyn Monroe Affair'.

Please don't. I just did and the result gave my computer a virus warning. I hope I didn't get a virus.

I don't think that is true. Someone is trying to make some money off MM's corpse. Taylor is dead now too and it's strange the rumor only came out after both were dead and couldn't fight back.

Can you post the details you read, (in your own words) so no one else is subject to that website's possible virus, maybe?

Marilyn was jealous of Liz' salary for Cleopatra and concerned that she was not considered as big a star. This is according to her maid/seamstress, Lena Pepitone, whose biography of Marilyn based on time spent in her employ and household, is very interesting. Lena also witnessed Marilyn try (and fail) to seduce Monty Clift. She tried in order to compete with Liz who she thought might be having an affair with Monty. After she failed she concluded Monty wasn't into women at all.

I love MM. I think she is beautiful, mysterious, talented and intelligent. She also picked herself up from a horrible early life and became 'somebody.' It took a toll on her though.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2013, 12:44 am

Dear Popsicle, One of the BIG mysteries (to me) is 'What happened to Marilyn's money?'

She lived in that house nine months, died there, never furnished it!

Her last photo session in the living room, only three chairs were in the room, according to the photographer!

If you Google her death scene, she only had a tiny three-legged table by the bedside, most of her bedside 'stuff' was on the floor!

She never made as much as other female stars of her time; Jane Russell made over twice as much in 'Gentlemen Prefer Blondes'!

Elizabeth Taylor said that Marilyn followed her around incessantly at a party, making herself obvious, and she (Elizabeth) basically figured 'what the H___'.

At least three sites name other women that Marilyn was supposedly intimate with.

Sylkat

glow
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2013, 4:38 am

Well she wasn't Judy garland or Elizabeth taylor.

Her name was Norma jean and she was a Gemini. died in her late thirites and battled with bulimia and men most of her adult life. oh and she was an on-off alcoholic.
She probably thought in her manic depressive state, this is it, no one gets me this is the end climbs to the ninth story floor and overdoses on sleeping pills. People say it was because she had the moon in Pisces and during that time it would probably have been enough to send her over the edge. People who weren't at all like her were full of their own mindless stupid statistics about who is now the next star of broadway, although I think she got on with james dean. probably because they were both air signs. surely rock Hudson had nothing to do with it, I mean yes he had aids but why were both Monroe and taylor forced to campaign by picking up the pieces strewn behind him??

http://www.biography.com/people/marilyn-monroe-9412123

b9
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2013, 6:16 am

glow wrote:
People say it was because she had the moon in Pisces and during that time it would probably have been enough to send her over the edge.

good grief

Raymond_Fawkes
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2013, 7:10 pm

I never saw Marilyn Monroe as attractive .. a similar actress, Misty Ayers was alot more attractive. now, someone like Audrey Hepburn on the other hand..

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2013, 4:21 am

Actually, Jane Russell was stunning.

Gene Tierney was lovely.

And Princess Grace was possibly the most beautiful of her era.

And no one has mentioned Katherine Hepburn, not only beautiful, but the most talented, except for Ingrid Bergman.

Sylkat

b9
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2013, 7:57 am

tazers and electrical prods are the only things i consider to be stunning.

glow
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2013, 6:25 pm

Here s a good one of her as Norma jean.
in those days ladies you needed consent and be over 21.

enjoy.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2013, 6:31 pm

I would.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2013, 9:01 pm

She was so young and so optimistic in that picture.

She thought fame would bring wealth and love and happiness......

Sylkat

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2013, 10:00 pm

she looks in that photo, SO MUCH like my aunt. :o