Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

heritage
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Nov 2012, 8:35 pm

I play as a hooker or flanker (prefer flanker, but will play hooker if needed) for a union club in my area. It is the best sport I have ever encountered. I love everything about it.

GreyGirl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2012, 9:41 pm

I loved watching the rugby sevens tournament this summer. I know basically nothing about the names of positions or rules and such, but I loved the speed of the game. I HATE baseball, to me I'd rather watch a redwood grow. I was thrilled to have such an interesting alternative.

The closest I ever came to anything even close to playing rugby was field hockey. I played 3 different positions both offence and defense. (Of course not at the same time. And yes, I did get in trouble for accidental contact.)

"Freedom of Speech is Not a License to be Stupid"

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2012, 9:44 pm

Australian Rules RULES! !!

I haven't played since the 1970s, but I try to follow Aussie Rules as much as possible, or keep track of Arsenal when I can.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

IrishTusk
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Nov 2012, 8:42 pm

Fnord wrote:
Australian Rules RULES! !!

I haven't played since the 1970s, but I try to follow Aussie Rules as much as possible, or keep track of Arsenal when I can.

Australian rules! Gaelic Football with a hint of Rugby.

I enjoy watching Ireland play Rugby but I used to play Hurling insted. Rugby isn't a sport played at highschools in armagh. It's mostly, Football/Gaelic football/Hurling.

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 2:41 am

I don't like watching sports but I enjoy watching rugby.
I didn't know girls played it also. It seems like much tougher sport than American Football.

I've been to a Gaelic Football game at Croke Park in Dublin a few years ago.
The hotel we stayed at gave us free tickets. I think it was Australia vs Ireland.
Can't remember who won. It was interesting though.