Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

JHKyle
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Apr 2012, 10:14 am

I'm looking for magazines and periodicals for adults with AS/autism. I've seen plenty of ones that are for parents of, but very few for adults with....

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2012, 10:34 am

I'm still in a joking mood from yesterday, so I won't touch this.

But, that really is a good idea. We are sort of a neglected market. Also, adults with classic autism would probably enjoy a magazine that's geared to them and their needs and issues and that's age appropriate.

If there aren't any, maybe you could talk to some people and come up with an idea for one and patent (or is it copyright?) it and see if you can get publishers interested in it. Maybe even find some people willing to publish it as one of those "fanzine" type things for a few months to see what kind of reception it would get.

If nothing else, maybe have it like an internet magazine. Have it for free for three months, then buy a subscription.

That really is a cool idea!! !

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

charles52

02 Apr 2012, 10:42 am

Not exactly what you're looking for, but Neurology Now is free, comes out 4x a year (or maybe 6x), with articles on a wide variety of topics... but since a lot of us with Aspergers have other things going on, it's interesting reading. I like when it shows up in the mailbox, even if there's nothing specific to Asperger's/Autism in the current issue... this time 'round there were articles on sleep apnea and tinnitus that I found useful. And the price is right! Pick up a free copy at many neurologists' offices, or search it up on the interwebz (I'm still new here, won't let me post them "you are well" thingies).