Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

cmoonbeam1
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Apr 2012, 7:42 pm

I was always mature for my age as well. Even now, at 24, I've been told I'm "weirdly mature". Many of my friends are older than me; my best friends are in their 30's/40's. However, I think my social intelligence is stuck at the level of a 7 year old, as in, I'm extremely naive. This is a good thing and a bad thing; I can't lie, and I always assume the best of everyone, and I'm WAY too trusting. The combination of being weirdly mature and weirdly naive has unfortunately led to some awkward misunderstandings with older men. I hate that.

SQ = 48
Your Aspie score: 160 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 53 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

AspieAshley
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Apr 2012, 8:23 pm

Maturity is a hoax! People never mature; they just get so broken by norms that they give in to them...And that's what society calls "maturity."

I've always been more drawn to adults than I have toward my peers. Whenever I'm in a new setting, there's all this obsession about how the kids treat echother. Forget it---I care about my relationships with the adults, and how THEY treat the kids.

It really annoys me when parents want their kids to play with other kids while they sit down on the sidelines and read a book or talk with other parents and ignore the kids. I don't want too much focus on friends. I mean, friends are great, but what I need more than anything is the support of adults.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 3:03 am

Acting mature is boring. People tell me I act 10 years younger than I am but funny thing is I like almost 10 years younger than I am. When I get told to act more mature I get depressed its hard its just easier to stay immature I am happier that way.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 11:48 am

I also act immature as well. I have the sense of humour of somebody who's in their early 20s. When I get together with Dean and Barb, Dean and I are always joking about bodily functions. :lol:

aspi-rant
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 12:15 pm

as a kid i was more mature in many aspects than my real age. this continued until age 25, when it crossed over.

i was stuck at that age and never really matured. :?

i have nothing in common with people my biological age.

AspieAshley
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Apr 2012, 4:55 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
Acting mature is boring. People tell me I act 10 years younger than I am but funny thing is I like almost 10 years younger than I am. When I get told to act more mature I get depressed its hard its just easier to stay immature I am happier that way.

You go kid. :D

CrazyCatLord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 6:01 pm

Intellectually, I've always been ahead of my age. Emotionally, I've always been far behind. I'm 40, but my emotional age is somewhere between 16 and 18.

But I think that goes for many males of my generation, autistic or not. We are grown men who watch cartoons and anime, play video games, have no real goal or purpose in life, are unable to find a partner and reluctant to take responsibility. It was such a great idea to artificially extend our childhood way beyond puberty. Well, at least I live on my own. There are men of my age who still live with their parents.

iamiubu
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Apr 2012, 8:14 pm

I have always been one age, not sure exactly which one, 6, 12, 18, 24, 35, 55, 80?, don't know. When I was young, I was older than my peers. Now that I am old, I am much younger than the same people.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 8:32 pm

I always acted really mature for my age when I was younger. I was always talking to adults. Now it's opposite, I act a little bit immature for my age. It's almost like I don't want to grow up.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

07 Apr 2012, 8:40 pm

Although I was well aware of my age growing up, I felt older. People noted I acted older than I was. For example, when we went to Myrtle Beach, SC for vacation most summers when I was a teenager, I couldn't wait to spend time with the owner of the Grand Strand Amusement Park to discuss the Swamp Fox roller coaster's engineering aspects---rather than trying to hang around people my age on the beach.

AspieAshley
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Apr 2012, 9:01 pm

lostgirl1986 wrote:
I always acted really mature for my age when I was younger. I was always talking to adults. Now it's opposite, I act a little bit immature for my age. It's almost like I don't want to grow up.

That's sort of how I am. When I was a teenager, I always tried to act society's definition of "mature" to please my parents and teachers, but late one night when I was 21 years old and I was laying in bed awake, I realized that I'd been living my life to please adults and I never gave myself permission to be a kid. Now I dream of getting my childish-ness back and giving myself permission to be immature. (No pun intended.)

AspieAshley
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Apr 2012, 9:04 pm

glider18 wrote:
Although I was well aware of my age growing up, I felt older. People noted I acted older than I was. For example, when we went to Myrtle Beach, SC for vacation most summers when I was a teenager, I couldn't wait to spend time with the owner of the Grand Strand Amusement Park to discuss the Swamp Fox roller coaster's engineering aspects---rather than trying to hang around people my age on the beach.

Wow! "Fun isn't good enough for me I want to do something useful!"

Adam82
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 9:55 pm

In some respects, I am more mature than most young people, but in other ways I am very immature for my age. I have childish freak outs sometimes where I just want to hide from the world.