Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

LennytheWicked
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 9:30 pm

I bring this up because my neighbors, somewhere, play loud ethnic music that focuses heavily on what sounds like bongos every night between nine and ten.

Does anyone have a problem with those constant deep noises, like it's banging on your head instead of just in your ears?

How should I go about dealing with it? I've tried just tolerating it, but it's been going on for over a month and I need sleep. I can't sleep with headphones or ear plugs in, but I don't want to adjust my sleep schedule because our neighbors have no sense of hearing.

scarter
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Apr 2012, 10:55 pm

Get a stereo with a subwoofer for your bedroom and run it off the speakers instead of headphones. Play a sound effects record called "Soothing Air Conditioner". That will create white noise on the bass level that will probably drown out anything else.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 11:22 pm

i use a big box fan in the corner, that generates a full-frequency [pink] noise that blocks external sounds quite well, enough to where i have to strain to hear the offending noise through it. if you don't like the wind, put it under a table and drape the whole apparatus with a blanket.

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2012, 11:36 am

Make complaint and get them to play at a lower decibel level. Most city ordinances limit noise to 80 decibels or so.

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist