At night as you drift off to sleep 45%  45%  [ 24 ]
Seeing cute couples together 55%  55%  [ 29 ]
Total votes : 53

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2012, 3:15 am

When does being single hurt the most?
Because honestly, there are times I am perfectly fine being single. When I have my free time, when I am free to flirt/have crushes, when I feel hot.
At the same time...it hurts.
And not when you'd think it would...I see all the lovey-dovey couples....ok, they are cute, wohoo.
That doesn't bother me as much....as...the night
As I try to go to sleep.
I worry about being alone, I want to be held, touched, and kissed and reciprocate.
I try to get the thoughts out of my head, but that's when my mind is it's clearest because I have to be honest with myself.

So, when does it hurt for you?
(see poll)

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2012, 3:22 am

for me, it is the couples together, especially amongst friends, if we are watching a movie and my friends in a relationship are cuddling up on the couch.
falling asleep alone doesn't bother me that much, actually, i dont think i'd be able to sleep right if there was someone in the bed with me...

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2012, 3:48 am

izzeme wrote:
for me, it is the couples together, especially amongst friends, if we are watching a movie and my friends in a relationship are cuddling up on the couch.
falling asleep alone doesn't bother me that much, actually, i dont think i'd be able to sleep right if there was someone in the bed with me...

Well, it's moreso that when I see the couples during the daytime, I can block them out. So many distractions...but when I sleep, I remember it, and it's SO hard to block that feeling out of my mind and heart because I am honest with myself completely and review the day right before I sleep.

PTSmorrow
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2012, 4:16 am

Not at all.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2012, 8:37 am

I don't know what occasion hurts most, but I can think of some examples.

The first dance at a wedding is always the couples dance. I never have anyone to dance with and that hurts.

When i'm with friends and they're holding hands or snuggled on the sofa and i'm just by myself. I always feel like i'm tagging along.

When I need a hug and there's no one around to hug me.

AScomposer13413
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2012, 8:53 am

Can be a mix of both for me. I picked seeing couples together because that's the one that can hurt the most. To be honest, simply seeing a couple, even amongst friends, is okay. It's more what they do that triggers it, and only certain couples do it :? I don't know why this is...

crmoore
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2012, 3:55 pm

A little of both, but more when I see a couple holding hands. However, if they're being a little over-affectionette, I just think to myself "Sheesh! Get a room, will ya?"

ReaperKnight
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Apr 2012, 5:55 pm

To be honest, I feel it when I'm failing miserably to get sleep, and I'm going out with someone.

Taybot97
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Apr 2012, 10:04 pm

For me who is in a relationship it's when I see other couples. I've been too scared to kiss her after several months and as much as I say "I'll do it today" it never happens. I so get sad when I see happy couples doing what they do, because I want to do what they do but can't.

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2012, 10:17 pm

It's happened more so with seeing other couples or posts on facebook or whatever else dealing with couples. I'm guessing for me it's had more to do with jealousy, really. That, and I've never slept with anyone, so maybe that's somewhat noteworthy, since I don't feel like there's anything necessarily missing where I'm usually alone anyway, and thus have more freedom over my own thoughts.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

Einfari
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2012, 10:49 pm

On most days I really don't mind being single. I'm very focused on my education right now, which makes a great distraction. Being single has been a bit harder for me this time of year because it is around time for prom. Several of my friends were asked, and although experience has taught me not to expect to be asked, the kid in me still hopes for it. Having two younger sisters in relationships also makes being single difficult because it makes me feel old. I'm almost a college student and most people date long before this age. When I see cute couples at school, I just smile and brush the idea of dating off. I dropped the idea of dating when I was 14 for good purposes.

The_Postmaster
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Apr 2012, 11:03 pm

It hurt tonight the most, when I saw the girl I like officially being a couple with someone else.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2012, 12:58 am

At night, if I see couples during the day, I can usually find something to distract my self. When I am trying to sleep, well, it's kind of hard to not think about something.

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2012, 3:01 pm

chrissyrun wrote:
When does being single hurt the most?
Because honestly, there are times I am perfectly fine being single. When I have my free time, when I am free to flirt/have crushes, when I feel hot.
At the same time...it hurts.
And not when you'd think it would...I see all the lovey-dovey couples....ok, they are cute, wohoo.
That doesn't bother me as much....as...the night
As I try to go to sleep.
I worry about being alone, I want to be held, touched, and kissed and reciprocate.
I try to get the thoughts out of my head, but that's when my mind is it's clearest because I have to be honest with myself.

So, when does it hurt for you?
(see poll)
It's much worse seeing people together.

It's the same with friends. When I'm going to sleep, the feeling is like...you lazy f*ck, go out and do something.

NullCoding
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Apr 2012, 3:06 pm

I usually feel either mildly happy or entirely ambivalent towards seeing couples together. There are few people around whom I can be myself and be happy, but I manage to remind myself that even though I feel terribly lonely, I am not completely isolated and alone.

I hate sleeping alone. I have insomnia, yes, but it doesn't help that often, I just want someone to cuddle with, someone just for company. I don't care if it's completely platonic. It's being physically alone that reminds me of how lonely and isolated I feel and when it hurts the most.

http://nullcoding.deviantart.com - Art
http://ncprime.blogspot.com - Programming

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 Apr 2012, 3:51 pm

It's hurt me the most when I'm alone by myself away from people. I tend to think & dwell on my feelings & things more when I'm alone than when I'm by myself & it's one of the reasons whey I wished I had someone when I was single so I'd have someone aroud to keep me drom dwelling too much.
Those of you who hate cute couples might like this :arrow:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS4H8EebA54&hd=1[/youtube]

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition