Study: Homophobes May Be Hidden Homosexuals

Page 3 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2012, 12:39 am

CrazyCatLord wrote:
Raptor wrote:
So I guess that means people with acrophobia are secretly into skydiving and mountain climbing....................

The phobia in this case is not a fear of homosexuals, but rather the fear that others might suspect (or realize) that oneself is gay or bisexual.

Where do the spiders come in? :lol:
But seriously, I think that's absolutely correct. That's why teens and young adults may be homophobic - because they're afraid if they don't come across as hating homosexuals, they'll be accused of being gay.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

b9
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2012, 2:52 pm

well i am not sure that i can understand the recent tsunami of gayness that everyone is expected at social gunpoint to celebrate.

i really do not care about what people do at all and i do not judge them, but i seem to be being swamped by some sort of tide that expects me to somehow celebrate homosexuality.

it is happening everywhere. people ask me in real life what i think about it and they seem to be trying to ascertain whether i am gay or bisexual, and i say i do not care what happens outside of my world, and i am further asked whether i am attracted to men at all and when i say i am not, then i am branded as a homophobic bigot. i just can not avoid being branded as a bigot for not being homosexual or bisexual.
this is a conversation i had recently to the best of my eidetic memory with a person in the tavern:

person: why are you not sexually attracted to men?

me: because i just am not. i can not explain it.

person: maybe it's because you've been brainwashed that you shouldn't be attracted to men and that's why you're saying that.

me: men are not shaped like women and i am not attracted to men and that is that!

person: so what's wrong with men?!?!?

me: there is nothing wrong with men...

person: so why are you so repulsed by them??!?!

me: errr

person: ahh i got you huh? you've got no answer.

me: i can not understand why you are asking me and that is why i am having trouble with...

person: well forget about your preconceived notions! you're just acting in a way that you have been taught by your...

me: i am telling you, i am not interested in men and there is no question in my mind about that.

person: see? can you see you're just saying what you're brainwashed to say?

me: no one can touch my brain . i am not interested in men, and if you think i am a bad person for being sexually "discriminative" then i tell you that you are the one that is blown around in your mind!

person: you said it!! ! don't you realize? you are discriminating against men...

me: right i am going to go now because i can not talk to you so goodbye.
person: yeah you're a bigoted and homophobic person you dick head... i hope you realize.

me: yeah ok see ya later.

i just felt that i was being judged as being bigoted merely because i am not a homosexual.

i think that in about 20 years time, that if you are not bisexual at least, you will be seen as a blast from the past and ridiculed.

thank goodness i will not see the world progress to the point where i have to be intimate with a male to validate the value of my existence to the young emo things that demand it from me.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2012, 3:27 pm

this is so going to totally be chopped by the mods and is a seriously sorry situation because it is is just exactly how i feel right now...

i am going to play it myself in a few minutes after i learn it.
[youtube] Mod. edit: video redacted because of swearing. [/youtube]

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2012, 4:34 pm

Learn this song instead

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYYVTBqgiDc[/youtube]

No swear words either.

some atheist to stick: "You're like me!"

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2012, 4:53 pm

How do these BRILLIANT researchers come up with these amazing NEW discoveries...that most of us have figured out ourselves years ago? :roll:

Orr
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2012, 5:31 pm

*some person uncomfortable with their own sexuality walks outside and picks up stick*

some person uncomfortable with their own sexuality to stick: "You're like me!"

:P

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2012, 6:37 pm

Orr wrote:
*some person uncomfortable with their own sexuality walks outside and picks up stick*

Orr
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2012, 6:51 pm

That is a fine picture.

Carpathia
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Apr 2012, 9:23 pm

WOW who would have ever seen this coming?

What next, a study that proves water is wet?

Homophobes need to let go of their hate and embrace their true selves.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2012, 10:12 pm

snapcap wrote:
Orr wrote:

Blue Velvet is probably my favorite movie, so I'm intrigued - but also a bit confused - why this particular picture is being used in your post on homophobia. :?

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2012, 11:58 pm

B9, do you think that that person was deliberately making an absurd argument? I have obsevered people doing that sometimes, as a sort of game to see if the person they are arguing with can tell that they are not arguing sincerely.

...Because I suspect that even most gay and pro-gay people would not argue that everyone should be bixsexual or else they are bigoted. That's a crazy argument.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 12:11 am

Apple_in_my_Eye wrote:
B9, do you think that that person was deliberately making an absurd argument? I have obsevered people doing that sometimes, as a sort of game to see if the person they are arguing with can tell that they are not arguing sincerely.

...Because I suspect that even most gay and pro-gay people would not argue that everyone should be bixsexual or else they are bigoted. That's a crazy argument.

And if anyone is going to misunderstand a "deliberately absurd" argument, it's us Aspies.

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 11:10 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
snapcap wrote:

Blue Velvet is probably my favorite movie, so I'm intrigued - but also a bit confused - why this particular picture is being used in your post on homophobia. :?

Shouldn't be too confusing. Watch the scene. What does he say?

Also, a lot of people think that Hooper's character has repressed homosexual tendencies. Would he be more sanguine if he felt he could act on them without being shamed?

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 12:24 pm

Apple_in_my_Eye wrote:

I'm tilting in this direction as well. No sane person is going to call you a bigot purely because you're straight.

You will reap what you've sown.

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 1:36 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxPApPwTQYQ[/youtube]

Last edited by snapcap on 13 Apr 2012, 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 2:06 pm

snapcap wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
snapcap wrote:

Shouldn't be too confusing. Watch the scene. What does he say?

Also, a lot of people think that Hooper's character has repressed homosexual tendencies. Would he be more sanguine if he felt he could act on them without being shamed?

Yeah, okay: "You're like me!"
And to be sure, Frank had had obvious sexual interest in Jeffery. In the scene where Frank and his gang beat up Jeffery, it was supposed to end with Jeffery being raped - but I guess even David Lynch in the end had shied away from it. I thought, though, that the theatrical release had implied that he may have been sexually assaulted.