Casein and Gluten have a drug-like effect on me

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Hoffe
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Jan 2013, 6:32 pm

mushroo wrote:
I've been gluten-free about 18 months and love it, the only thing I haven't been able to give up yet is beer (which is debatable as to whether it has enough gluten to affect the body; obviously it affect my brain, but that could just be the alcohol).

Haven't given up dairy yet but it doesn't seem to affect me the same way as gluten; cheese and yogurt are big comfort foods for me and don't cause any of the intestinal problems that are quite obvious with gluten.

Not that I am recommending it to others necessarily, but I used medical marijuana (not illegal where I live) to get through my period of gluten withdrawal.

Comfort foods yeah cuz cheese has massive amounts of casein in it, 50% of cheese is casein.

Both gluten and casein give me an opiate effect, albeit not as strong as the one from opiate painkillers, it's still very similar. I plan on giving up both now but last time I tried to cut them both out I got horrible withdrawal and insomnia, so I should probably do it more gradually.

Any suggestions? I would do the pot thing but then I would probably end up addicted to pot instead munching out on whatever lol

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2013, 4:05 pm

You need to read Wheat Belly by Dr. William Davis. He basically says the same thing you have, that GMO wheat (ie about 97% of the world's wheat) acts more like a drug than a food, and backs it with science. His book isn't half recipes, IOW, but 200+ pages of hard science about how bad wheat is for you. I cut the gluten and casein out of my diet and not only did the voices go away (I'm paranoid schizophrenic), but my antipsychotic was actually DECREASED.

Adventure4U1
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Feb 2013, 9:23 pm

Just think about how you have it easier then I do. I like being GFCF- there's still plenty of eating options

But without tomatos- think about it- some of my once favorite GFCF foods- it's even harder. It's ussally white rice, brown rice noodles, or morning pancakes- I much rather have cereal, but sometimes i think my mom's too cocnered about the peservites with me... She doesn't care about it with my brothers- just me..

It ends up ethier something I don't like- Puffins, or something that I know isn't great for me, but I like- Panckes..
Guess I could try Buckwheat Pancakes again.

awes
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Feb 2013, 6:56 am

An update:
After some further self studies I've found that plants of the family of the papilionaceae have the same effect on me, those include soya, peas, chickpeas, white beans as far as I've tried them month by month, I expect it to be most of the papilionaceae in the end, since I've also read that for most soya allergics cross reactions with most of the other plants of this family appear to happen.
Even if this sounds depressing for most of you I would suggest you to try it yourself.
Take care to eat nothing that contains "Lupines". If you used soya milk as substitution for cow milk you can still use rice milk, try many of them, some of them really come to a similar experience as real milk. If you go to asian restaurants make sure you don't eat things containing soy sauce.
For frying meat with a crispy coating I found a mix of corn flour (coarse grained) and corn starch to have the same effect as wheat coating, while even having a better taste than only wheat flour which appears to taste extremely boring and rather like the filling of a matress if you got rid of your wheat addiction.

---> ;D http://www.youtube.com/user/IIIIIawesIIIII

YOU'RE ALL WELCOME!

DoniiMann
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Feb 2013, 7:40 am

According to something that came through my Facebook page, an average glass of milk has 135 million pus cells. I worked in a dairy a long time ago. The cups would sometimes fall off the cows while milking them, they'd fall in the muck and suck it up. Milk gets tested, and is rejected if urine and fecal matter exceeds certain limits. But a small amount is present. And Bovine Growth Hormones and Antibiotics.

Pus. P!ss. Poo. Pharmaceuticals.

Visualise THAT and you'll find it easier to give up milk.

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

13 Feb 2013, 12:00 pm

There has been a lot written lately about casein, and I was using a lot of it for several years. I cut it way down to see what would happen, and honestly I don't see any difference other than I need to eat more protein calories (non-casein type proteins) in order to maintain my weight. I am sure there are pros and cons to casein and gluten, as there most always are pros and cons to anything.

Charles

addictionrehabcenters
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Oct 2017, 1:28 am

Stay away from drugs and other illegal substances for at least two days prior to the test. This ensures the effectiveness of the solution.
Consume the beverage one to two hours before taking the urine test with decent amount of water.
After 20 minutes, refill the bottle with water and drink all of it.
Urinate 2-3 times before providing a sample. stop smoking cigarettes for good. Lose weight, Gastric Band Hypnosis one of the most successful treatments. Marijuana Withdrawal (addictionrehabcenters.com/withdrawal-detox/marijuana-withdrawal-and-detoxification/)