cute things your pet did? my bigger cat let the smaller one

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2012, 11:53 am

my bigger cat let the smaller one eat first, and when she was sick she put her white, fluffy chin on his black, silky rear end and slept the whole night through. usually he'd get up to use the litter box and eat, but this time in the morning i've seen him in the same position, so i guess he didnt move.
also, i was walking down the hall and it was dark, and suddenly i saw two yellow lights from the box with the dirty laundry. he was stuck between the clothes.
he sat on my lap with the back of his head in the crook of my elbow, looked me in the eye, and made sounds like a human baby.
what did your pets do, and what's their spieces?

Tuttle
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2012, 12:18 pm

I had an EEG to check for seizures, and had to stay up all night one night of the 72 hours. My kitty stayed with me the entire night, refusing to go to bed if I couldn't. She kept begging me to go to bed so she'd be able to go sleep.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2012, 1:19 pm

My dog always sits there and licks his lips every time he wants food and he does it all the time.

Tomasu
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2012, 2:22 pm

^^ Greetings felinesaresuperior. Thank you for your lovely stories.

I believe that I love Nell and Plato very dearly. ^^ I believe that Nell often enjoys visiting me within my bedroom and enjoys miaowing for me so that I know that she has visited me.

^^ Ooooooooooooo, also, I believe that Nell often enjoys sleeping upon my bed whilst I use my computer. ^^ I believe that during some occasions, Nell wakes very suddenly and miaows for me to stroke her and comfort her.

lundygirl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2012, 3:14 pm

This may sound a little weird, but I thought it was a lovely thing for my cat to do.

My mum had been ill with cancer, and in her last few days our ginger cat seemed to be keeping an eye on her - he'd keep checking on her even though she was sleepy and couldn't sit up to stroke him. On the night she died, he curled up on her bed, and wouldn't leave her side. He stayed there after the doctor had called and stayed on the bed until after her body had been taken away. I spoke to the nurse about this, and she said that she'd heard of this happening before. It's almost as if he wanted to be with the person until her spirit had left her body. I found it strangely comforting, and just thought it was a wonderful thing for him to do.

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2012, 3:33 pm

lundygirl wrote:
This may sound a little weird, but I thought it was a lovely thing for my cat to do.

My mum had been ill with cancer, and in her last few days our ginger cat seemed to be keeping an eye on her - he'd keep checking on her even though she was sleepy and couldn't sit up to stroke him. On the night she died, he curled up on her bed, and wouldn't leave her side. He stayed there after the doctor had called and stayed on the bed until after her body had been taken away. I spoke to the nurse about this, and she said that she'd heard of this happening before. It's almost as if he wanted to be with the person until her spirit had left her body. I found it strangely comforting, and just thought it was a wonderful thing for him to do.

that is so sad. sorry about your mum. your cat must've loved her very much.

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2012, 3:35 pm

Tomasu wrote:
^^ Greetings felinesaresuperior. Thank you for your lovely stories.

I believe that I love Nell and Plato very dearly. ^^ I believe that Nell often enjoys visiting me within my bedroom and enjoys miaowing for me so that I know that she has visited me.

^^ Ooooooooooooo, also, I believe that Nell often enjoys sleeping upon my bed whilst I use my computer. ^^ I believe that during some occasions, Nell wakes very suddenly and miaows for me to stroke her and comfort her.

so you have two cats too, huh? i used to. beautiful picture you've got there.

Wandering_Stranger
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2012, 3:43 pm

He smiles and jumps up when someone walks in through the front door.

keira
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2012, 4:05 pm

I have two cats.
Cookie asks for kisses. When I pick her up or when she climbs on my chest if I'm lying in bed, she tilts her head and presses the top of her head to my lips. I have to make a kissing sound then or she won't leave. I think it's very cute. :)
Missy also has a very cute way to ask for attention. She sits back and raises her front paws up in the air as if she says "I surrender" or "Pick me up". She can sit like that for several minutes. :)

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2012, 5:03 pm

Whenever my cat, Miss Kitty, is happy to see me, she arches her back and her tail quivers.

Sometimes when I go out to the park for a run, Miss Kitty will sit on the porch and wait for me. When I come back, she runs up to me and meows (sometimes doing the tail-quivering thing) and we walk back to the house together.

Almost every morning, Miss Kitty wants to come into my bedroom so that she can sleep at the foot of my bed. We sleep together for a couple of hours and then I wake up. She stays on my bed all day as I use the computer. Sometimes she has nightmares and I have to comfort her.

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2012, 10:58 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
Whenever my cat, Miss Kitty, is happy to see me, she arches her back and her tail quivers.

Sometimes when I go out to the park for a run, Miss Kitty will sit on the porch and wait for me. When I come back, she runs up to me and meows (sometimes doing the tail-quivering thing) and we walk back to the house together.

Almost every morning, Miss Kitty wants to come into my bedroom so that she can sleep at the foot of my bed. We sleep together for a couple of hours and then I wake up. She stays on my bed all day as I use the computer. Sometimes she has nightmares and I have to comfort her.

my cat, angel, used to have nightmares. he'd whimper in his sleep and once i had a hard time waking him up. when nothing else worked, i touched him. he jumped and tried to bite me but i pulled my hand back at the last second. he blinked then and looked very confused. then he climbed on my lap and fell asleep again.
when he slept on my lap, he usually didnt have nightmares.

VMSmith
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2012, 5:35 am

one of mine used to sneak inside the house every morning and curl up next to me or on my back in bed. this was a feat worthy of telling because he had to sneak past my family and get upstairs and before that he had to get in the house. the doors were always shut. can not figure out how he did it. and he wouldnt be friendly with anyone else but me.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2012, 5:41 am

Jack drew first blood when he was literally a puppy.

Not cute for the person bitten, but it was hilariously cute seeing a puppy go full defense.

He stayed that way forever, so we always had to keep him away from people (need to be very responsible if you have a potentially dangerous dog).

EnglishJess
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 12:56 pm

We have 4 cockatiels (I don't want t osay their names) But one of them is not as shy as the thers, she always flies onto people, especially my Mum. Whenever Mum is eating something, she will try to eat some of it too.I remember she and the one male bird we have used to make loud noises whenever they heard crisps being opened, or toast being made, because they would want some. Overall, they make me laugh and smile.