Just socks on their own 12%  12%  [ 54 ]
Barefeet 26%  26%  [ 113 ]
Barefeet 27%  27%  [ 119 ]
Total votes : 435

Chrisicus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Apr 2013, 10:03 am

Socks, I used to run around with bare feet when I was little until I got a sharp bit of glass in my foot and had to have an operation to take it out. So I get paranoid whenever I walk around with bare feet so I stick to socks, I'm getting into wearing slippers though!

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2013, 12:25 am

At the moment it's bare feet because summer is coming. Of course it's pretty cold right now for some crazy reason, but normally I'll go barefooted a lot in the summer. Otherwise it's tennis shoes with maybe ankle socks or clogs with no socks. If I dress up then it's heels with hose.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

little_black_sheep
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 May 2013, 5:01 am

BornThisWay wrote:
I try to remain barefooted for the most part...anyone here tried the vibram 'barefoot' shoes? I prefer flat slip on shoes or slip on sandals like a birkenstock when I must be shod. Only in the depths of the snowy winter do I go ahead and boot up. Oh, I have some 'heels' for special occasions like being in a wedding or some such when I must dress up for the 'show'.
I've also noticed that when I'm sitting for a fairly longish time in a public place, like a restaurant or theatre, my shoes will mysteriously 'slip off' all by themselves. :wink:

It might be a bit late for this answer, but I just bought a pair of vibram fivefingers (barefoot shoes with toes). They are amazing. Going barefoot everywhere without having to worry about dirt or splinters is great. I just love the feel of the ground. I'll admit that they do look a bit out of place with a business outfit (plus: I only wear skirts because I cannot stand the feeling of jeans or anything like it), but they are so tiny you can just put them into your handbag as soon as you get so close to the office that your colleagues might see you. :lol: Going almost barefoot soothes me and it is good for my running technique. Highly recommend them to everyone who is not too fond of shoes.

Every morning in Africa, an antelope wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest antelope, or it will starve. It doesn't matter if you're

Gazelle
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2013, 7:57 am

Barefoot shoes help people run faster supposedly.

little_black_sheep
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 May 2013, 9:05 am

Gazelle wrote:
Barefoot shoes help people run faster supposedly.

That is why I bought them in the first place. :) If you run in these, it is far easier to achieve a good (and fast) forefoot strike. Actually, going heel first is impossible, because it would hurt too much.

Every morning in Africa, an antelope wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion, or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest antelope, or it will starve. It doesn't matter if you're

historysmystery61
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 May 2013, 5:51 pm

Barefoot at home. In school, very tight sneakers and Adidas socks--very thin ones that make me feel almost like I'm barefoot. Occasionally, I'll wear socks at home, but that's just when I want to be able to toewalk without my parents complaining.

For anyone who far prefers barefoot to socks but needs them, I highly recommend the thin Adidas socks. Kohls has them in the USA, and I bet sports stores carry them, too.

Memory is off-the-charts shockingly good

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2013, 7:22 pm

Socks, because my feet get cold easily during the wintertime. I seem to have made a habit out of wearing socks, because I sometimes wear them during the summer, too.

Billuxv
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jun 2013, 4:48 am

for some reason im never able to fall asleep with socks on! does anyone experience this?

gr055
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Jul 2013, 1:13 am

I'm frequently bare foot at home. But I find I like wearing different types of shoes and the different sensations from quite quite enjoyable.

mamaBFBW
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Jul 2013, 1:31 am

barefoot. i haven't worn shoes in almost 7 years now. don't plan on ever wearing them again. they're weird.

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2013, 5:24 pm

shoes with socks.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

26 Jul 2013, 5:39 pm

For the most part, barefoot at home.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Maywynn
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Feb 2014, 3:29 pm

zzmondo wrote:
I like to go barefoot when I can, I think the feeling is awesome.

Ditto. :)

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2014, 12:38 pm

I like to have bare feet.

Sometimes I like one sock on and one sock off because I like the sensation of one foot warm and one foot cold. :D

I could never sleep in socks, that's just horrendous.

ibtiamat
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jul 2014, 8:33 pm

Don't know what this poll is referring to. Around the house? In public?

I tend to wear just socks around the house.
I am tender-footed so I cannot walk outside without shoes on.

"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?"
- Albert Einstein

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2014, 3:08 pm

most of the time at home, i'm socks only. late at night when i'm wrapped in blankets or when it gets too hot i am barefoot.
at school i like to take off my shoes (just my shoes!) in class...people have gotten used to it. it's one of the main things i'm known for.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.