Who misses the old Madonna? (when she was young)

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

filthypoppies
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Apr 2012, 8:11 pm

I really miss when she was younger, so full of life, and such a fashion influence at the time even though, of course, she also had the same promiscuous feel to her stance. I recently saw Desperately Seeking Susan and it gave me such a good look at what it was like being her at the time, even though I'm in college and never grew up in that time.

Anyone else who's a Madonna fan agree or at least has good memories?

check out my fun blog: filthypoppies.tumblr.com

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2012, 9:09 pm

I also miss the old Madonna. She recorded a lot of good music in the past. I don't really care for her new music.

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2012, 12:12 am

Hmmm... I'm not sure that I would term myself a Madonna "fan", but I always find myself listing her among my favourite artists; like, always high-high on the list. One of her old '80s dance ditties is still my 4th favourite song EVER; it's 'Into The Groove'.

When I think 'the old Madonna', I think anything up until and including 'Vogue'; all her 80s stuff before that. I really think 'Erotica' was the break-off point to a 'new' Madonna, though I have great, great appreciation and admiration for what she did in the '90s. It was a more mature sound, it went a bit more eclectic and experimental than what she was doing in the '80s. I mean, it went from 'Human Nature' to 'Take A Bow', and from her rendition of 'Don't Cry For Me Argentina' to her superb 'Ray Of Light' album.

2000s Madonna, I honestly say I cared less and less for her with each abum. I dunno what it is. I wasn't impressed with the singles off 'American Life'; then when 'Confessions' came out, I wasn't too fond of that and started to appreciate 'American Life' a bit more; then the same thing happened when 'Hard Candy' was released and I listened to it and felt it was quite bland and thought to myself "Confessions wasn't so bad".

But anyway, I'm something of an 80s Madonna freak. My top 5 favourite Madonna songs goes:
1. 'Into The Groove'
2. 'Who's That Girl?'
3. 'Borderline'
4. 'Live To Tell'
5. 'Papa Don't Preach'

I honestly should listen to her 80s albums. It's sad that I haven't done that yet.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2012, 12:37 am

I miss the old madonna my favorite song of hers is Like a prayer which is about sex with a priest :lol:

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2012, 12:05 pm

^ Heh, I never thought about what it's about, good to know. :P

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2012, 4:17 pm

I really like the song 'La Isla Bonita'.

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2012, 1:08 pm

I think her high point was 1989. But I wish she would go away now and then we could perhaps have a chance to miss her. She bores me now, and she is tiny, a friend of mine saw her and said she is thin and like a tiny little girl.

ScrewyWabbit
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2012, 6:03 pm

I agree, I think most of her best work was from earlier in her career. The last thing that she did that I had any real regard for was the Ray Of Light album, especially Sky Fits Heaven. Before that, tons of stuff - Lucky Star, Like a Prayer, Vogue, and so much more. Since then, except for her recent "L-U-V Madonna" single (or whatever its called) I haven't really even taken note of what she's been up to. None of it has made an impression on me.

godoftruemercy
Toucan
Toucan

11 May 2012, 7:11 pm

She's given up. Only explanation for the new single.

purplesloth
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Mar 2020, 5:12 am

I WAS NOT BORN THEN EITHER but I love Madonna so much!! Her songs and videos are so amazing.
My favorite songs by her are: stay, till death do us part, take a bow, cherish. who's that girl, true blue, la isla bonita, waiting, pretender, holiday, and pretty much every song to be honest!! ! XD

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2020, 8:23 am

I do not miss Madonna Louise Ciccone. Back in Michigan, she was a rebel and a real b ... <* ahem *> ... a really less-than-polite individual to most people she met, even before she was famous. Likely had a lot to do with losing her mom to cancer before she was even in kindergarten. We avoided her, mostly.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

16 Mar 2020, 4:57 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I also miss the old Madonna. She recorded a lot of good music in the past. I don't really care for her new music.
I feel the same except I like her newer music as well, just not as much.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

purplesloth
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Mar 2020, 5:33 am

I think some of her new music is good, especially on Rebel Heart.