Fictional Characters With Undiagnosed Aspergers or Autism

Page 42 of 60 [ 949 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 60  Next

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2014, 7:23 pm

Claudius from I, Claudius

RichardJ
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 11:10 pm

Some Thomas and friends characters are:

Murdoch - Very quiet and shy as viewed in the episodes "Peace and Quiet", and "The Best Dressed Engine Competition".

Furgus - Constantly says "Do it Right!" as seen in the episode "Bill, Ben, and Furgus.

LonelyJar
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2014, 7:52 pm

I'm not sure if she's like this in the comics, but Starfire from the Teen Titans cartoons seems autistic. She has trouble understanding social norms, her speech pattern is overly formal (when she isn't butchering slang), and she immediately understands the nature of various plot devices (the Chronoton Detonator from "Apprentice, pt. I", the Xenothium from "X", etc.).

Dan_Undiagnosed
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2014, 8:38 pm

Charlie Kelly from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia might be a long shot. He does seem to have special interests like foraging for interesting things in the sewer and has an unconventional logic, like being naked while in the sewer so his clothes don't get dirty. He also doesn't care much for his appearance and for some reason really likes eating cheese to calm down (a kind of food texture/stim?). Oh and he also likes cats and invented Kitten Mittens to put on the feet of all the stray cats outside his building to make them quieter when they paw at his windows at night. He shows a musical talent on the keyboard that none of his friends knew about and explains that he "just gets" keyboards, they just "make sense" to him. But when on stage he wants to have a curtain hiding him from the audience. He was bullied in school and has a fixation on one particular woman who he never manages to win over.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2014, 8:56 pm

Theodore Honey in the novel NO HIGHWAY by Neville Shute and Honey's daughter also.

The portrait is all the more astonishing given that Shute wrote the novel in the late 1940s. Honey is the most Aspergers-true and detailed depiction I have ever encountered in fiction. Shute was an aviation engineer and worked with many others. He said that he based Mr Honey on an engineer he once worked with. It is a very sympathetic and sensitive portrait of prejudice against autism - Mr Honey is frequently derided by NT's for his odd ideas and is laughed at when he says that planes will crash because of metal fatigue causing avoidable deaths. However he emerges as the hero of the novel at its end, as events vindicate his predictions.

Shute wrote this before metal fatigue in aircraft was recognised and understood.

A first class depiction and great novel.

FireyInspiration
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2014, 9:46 pm

Could Simmons from Red vs. Blue be an aspie? He's very nervous around girls, very insecure, a little awkward, spends a bunch of time with computers and is very good with them, 'clings' onto any leader (especially Sarge), goes on a lot about certain subjects, and has taken other character's jokes very seriously.

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2014, 10:19 pm

Re: House. A lot of different writers worked on that show and I think it probably depends on who wrote the episode. They weren't always consistent with the character, especially in the later seasons. Going by the original integrity of the character yes I think he had Aspergers. Martha Masters also. And Foreman is probably BAP.

Also I agree Melvin from As Good As It Gets has Aspergers, comorbid to OCD. His traits are way beyond just being OCD alone.

Misuzu, Air anime series

IamNotAlexis
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 May 2014, 10:51 pm

Parker on Leverage?

linatet
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 11:06 am

LonelyJar wrote:
I'm not sure if she's like this in the comics, but Starfire from the Teen Titans cartoons seems autistic. She has trouble understanding social norms, her speech pattern is overly formal (when she isn't butchering slang), and she immediately understands the nature of various plot devices (the Chronoton Detonator from "Apprentice, pt. I", the Xenothium from "X", etc.).

she is like that because she is not from that planet so she doesn't understand humans etc. very common in aliens everywhere in fiction.

TigerSlash1231
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Jul 2014, 6:42 pm

Rikka from Chuunibyou demo kai ga shitai!

brackets
Raven
Raven

19 Jul 2014, 9:45 pm

I'm probably the only person who has ever thought so, but I always felt like Bertie Wooster from PG Wodehouse's Jeeves stories was on the spectrum. I mean, he was always misunderstanding social situations, getting himself into trouble because he couldn't explain himself, stuttered and stammered a lot when he talked, followed bizarre and strict personal rules, had zero self-care skills, had a weird fashion sense and way of speaking, and had extreme variations in his intelligence (ie, he was great with written words but useless at almost everything else).

I'm also probably projecting, because I've always related to Bertie, lol.

eloralouistra
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Jul 2014, 4:58 pm

Okay I have a lot of pretty obscure fandoms but anyway,

Romana (originally in Doctor Who but more of my "evidence" comes from Big Finish's spin-off series Gallifrey)
Carlos (Welcome to Night Vale)
Flame Princess (Adventure Time)
Leslie (Parks and Rec)
Cass (The Gamers)
Martin (Cabin Pressure)
Winslow (Monkey Island)
The "weird" girl in The Breakfast Club whose name I can't remember right now, oops, sorry.
And possibly Hange (Attack on Titan)

brackets
Raven
Raven

20 Jul 2014, 5:14 pm

eloralouistra wrote:

Romana (originally in Doctor Who but more of my "evidence" comes from Big Finish's spin-off series Gallifrey)
Leslie (Parks and Rec)
Cass (The Gamers)
Martin (Cabin Pressure)
Winslow (Monkey Island)
The "weird" girl in The Breakfast Club whose name I can't remember right now, oops, sorry.

omg Winslow!! I never really thought about it, but you're totally right.

Halfmadgenius
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 10:18 pm

ChromaticRaven wrote:
- Daniel Connoly (P.S I love you)

I freaking LOVE P.S. I Love You. Yep, Daniel is definitely an aspie, he even tells Holly "Sorry, I have a syndrome. I don't really have a filter, I don't pick up on social cues."

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2014, 10:55 pm

Real old-school:

Lennie Small, from Of Mice and Men. Autistic and ID.

Liza Tillerman and Maybeth Tillerman, from Homecoming and Dicey's Song. Maybe Gram, too, but maybe not.

Sai, from Naruto. Though that might be an upbringing thing.

Yeah, fictional characters can't "have" anything. But they are based on observed human traits, and it's fun.

eloralouistra

21 Jul 2014, 6:36 am

brackets wrote:
eloralouistra wrote:

Leslie (Parks and Rec)
Cass (The Gamers)
Martin (Cabin Pressure)
Winslow (Monkey Island)

omg Winslow!! I never really thought about it, but you're totally right.

:D I have a lot of ideas about Monkey Island characters being neauratypical and/or disabled, but obviously Winslow especially, since I'm an aspie too. The way he doesn't realise when he's saying something inappropriate or strange and his obsession with the map, to the point where he can't sail anywhere unless Guybrush uses it is definitely pretty aspie.