Not Asthma...It's Not Caused By My Anxiety...?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Darialan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Apr 2012, 3:59 pm

Ok, this started earlier last year, but hasn't gotten worse nor has it gotten any better. Here are are the symptom:

Feels like a blockage in breathing.
Get winded In exercise much easier than before.
(and that's just when I'm not feeling anxious at all)
When exercise for long enough the symptoms get worse.
When stress goes up, they also get worse.

It feels like asthma, I guess, though I've never had it. We ruled that out as he gave me an inhaler to try without any results. I'm taking Xanax 4 times a day. This has contoled my anxiety like the last med I was on, but it hasn't changed anything. I'm hesitant to bring it up again with the doctor, because he told me that other than those two things, he wouldn't have any idea.

So what do you all thInk?

CloudLayer
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Apr 2012, 4:25 pm

I had this when I was 19/20 for months until it finally went away for some reason. Felt like I couldn't take in a full breath ever, like I got to the .6 or .75 point and I couldn't take the rest of the necessary air in. Was not what I experience when anxious, which is being able to take in a full breath if I consciously try. What I had sounds like what you describe, not being able to no matter how hard you try. I wish I had a better answer than this, I still don't know what caused it but it did go away after a while and has only come back once or twice for very short periods. It's very uncomfortable and pretty distressing though I know.

CrazyCatLord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2012, 6:23 pm

This could be an undetected pneumonia or another respiratory disease. You should probably get your lungs x-rayed. Pneumonia doesn't always cause chest pain or fever. Sometimes the only symptoms are difficulty breathing and fatigue.

Darialan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Apr 2012, 6:33 pm

CrazyCatLord wrote:
This could be an undetected pneumonia or another respiratory disease. You should probably get your lungs x-rayed. Pneumonia doesn't always cause chest pain or fever. Sometimes the only symptoms are difficulty breathing and fatigue.
I've been very tired and droopy, but only since a little over a week ago, while everything else has been going on for over a year. Can pneumonia really go on for this long if untreated?

questor
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2012, 7:12 pm

Get your lungs checked out. You might have pneumonia, or a fungal infection, or some other lung condition. Yes, pneumonia and other viral and bacterial infections can sometimes last a while. I always tend to have very long lasting colds and flues--weeks at a time, sometimes even up to a couple of months. I have always had long lasting colds and flues.

So, do get this checked out. Hope they find out what's wrong and fix it quick. :D

Darialan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 May 2012, 12:19 am

Someone I know urged me to go, so I did. It's not Pneumonia. They're thinking it's my stomach. I have acid reflux which I already take aciphex for. One nurse said that although my heartburn feeling is gone for the most part acid reflux can come back with different symptoms and they want me to follow up with the family doctor and maybe have a scope done again. They gave me a prescription for five days worth of bentyl on top of my aciphex.

Darialan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 May 2012, 3:32 pm

update. I was supposed to call the doctor's office next day and get a follow up with my family doctor within 2 days, but I couldn't get one until This coming Tuesday! On top of that the bentyl doesn't seem to do anything for me. Frustrating. I don't know if it's something that will clear up the longer I take it or what, but the guy at the hospital says he thinks another stomach scope is in order. >.<