Aspergers people in Psychology jobs?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Intravenus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 May 2012, 5:22 am

I'm about to start a degree in Psychology, and I dunno if that's a weird thing for someone like me to do..? Im kinda obsessed with criminal psychology, pretty much all the books I read are about abnormal psychology or criminal profiling so I'd love to work with offenders one day.
I think I struggle to understand how most people think anyway, so it makes me quite objective to people whose brains make them do unpleasant things. It's kinda like a deaf composer writing music because they've learnt what notes go well together as opposed to because they can hear it..

Does anyone on here work in a Psychology related job?

MudandStars
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2012, 8:19 am

I study psychology as do quite a few others. How that translates into the workforce for me after graduation im not quite sure yet. I'm hoping to either do a PhD or get a graduate government job after.

?Two men looked through prison bars; one saw mud and the other stars.? Frederick Langbridge

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2012, 11:28 am

i'm a social worker. however, it took years (i'm 55) to get the social skills for the job and occasionally, i fail to connect with someone.

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2012, 1:45 pm

In college I did know someone with Asperger's syndrome who was a psych major, it may be strange but I know you wouldn't be the only one.

cthulhureqiuem
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 May 2012, 5:22 am

i just finished my degree in psychology... though i have no idea how i am supposed to find employment with it... and seeing as how my grades are not good enough to continue on to graduate school...

ill probably end up flipping burgers while i finish a certification for some random crap or another.

anewman
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 May 2012, 5:36 pm

I did a degree in Psychology and graduated in 2005, also completing a Masters in 2008. Never managed to get a job. I'm focussing largely on the statistics side of things but having no luck there. Interview feedback wherever I go for graduate jobs always says "did not show enough evidence of team work skills or managing work." I am particularly interested in the internet and Psychology, and my dream job would be a Cyber Psychologist (not in a clinical sense).

VeggieGirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 May 2012, 7:29 pm

I am a psychology grad student. I have always (well, since age 13 or 14) liked reading books about abnormal psychology.